Fins trade TE Shaheen. Psyche, he's back... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade TE Shaheen. Psyche, he's back...

We are making cap saving moves lately.

That's now 6 million in the last week or so.

Wonder why?

Roll over for next year?

Mayhap, planning on acquiring someone. A possible disgruntled lber.

Lol, I kid I kid..... but seriously.

We're at like 20 million now right? How much can we rollover to next year?
They need to extend Wilkins and possibly keep Gesicki long term so they should be making cap moves with that in mind.

But there are still some solid vet OL out there who they could turn too if things are not going well in Camp at Rt or C.

I don't see R Smith being realistic, he will be expensive to extend, the Bears would want a lot for him and I don't think LB should be where you are putting your resources(unless he brings a strong pass rush, which Smith does not).Not to mention that the LB Corps is pretty solid right now and while Smith would be an upgrade it is not a significant need.

Other than Tamu, are there any decent football teams in the Lone Star State. /s?
It is amazing to me how Texas has fallen. It should not be possible for them to be bad.They have struggled hiring coaches which should also not be possible.

I assume the eventual move to the $EC will bring them back.

and yet again we find ourselves rooting against the Texans

I've been rooting against them ever since they upset us at home on opening day back in 2003. God, that was awful!!!

Those damn Texans! I did not enjoy seeing Miami lose 7 or 8 straight games to them before finally getting their first victory... unacceptable!

Our coaches are different ppl now for the most part. These coaches, including the OC actually have experience with Oline play.

Not sure why one would even make such a statement.
Bro, read what I said.

We have different coaches this year. That is EXACTLY my point.

Last edited:
I like Tanner Conner more. Long was a waste of a pick. Supposed to be such a great blocker but he ranks up there with Gesicki. Hopefully Tanner can show us something and we can get another 6th for Hunter next year.
I don’t know who the hell Tanner Conner even is.

Interestingly, I think this says a lot about how the team values Durham Smythe. He would have made a lot more sense to trade if this was purely about salary.

Edit: Duh. I forgot they just re-signed him.
What u said first was correct which is why they did what u said inthe “Edit.”

Of all our TE’s he’s the the only one that brought an acceptable level of both blocking and receiving skills.

He’s an unspectacular player, but he’s consistent and currently our best in-line TE.

We’re all hoping tha Long becomes that guy or Gesicki somehow becomes a semi-adequate blocker. But until then, we need Smythe.

Someone has got it "upside down" or "backwards" or both - LOL
Ya.

My point was that Gesicki and Shaheen were being ragged on for their lack of blocking prowess. Prior to McDaniel coming in and bring in his new coaching staff, I have always contended that their struggles are in large part due to poor coaching.

I expect the new staff to be much improved, therefore, I expect better blocking efforts out of Gesicki (Shaheen being gone...). If there is no improvement, we can chalk it up to Gesicki lacking the ability. That said, there is no guarantee that our new staff is actually better than our prior staff. (Although, I truly believe that it is.)

Maybe that clears things up.

Fun Prank GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

Back
Top Bottom