Fire Grier and Flores Now! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

One of the biggest disappointments from game one for me is just the fact that they had so long to prepare for this opening day opponent and he was badly out coached. The Ravens had almost nothing to go on, we could have come out in anything which would make you think they would be the ones on their heels making mad adjustments on the fly. It wasn’t that we prepared for them to run, it is that they saw we were prepared for them to run and simply threw and it was over. Now this guy has had years to fantasize about going head to head with his former boss and I am afraid for what might happen. Everybody knows what to run if you have a guy in Brady’s face. What do you run if you don’t? Better be some chess on display, find the weakness on that team and show that you’ve done your homework or this game will be record setting bad again. To me this next game says it all.
Most people are ok with the tank job. It’s one thing to lose and move on to the next week with no extra drama on the side and no one is thinking about you. It’s another to set franchise worsts losses, have the whole league looking at Miami like a toxic cesspool. Yes losing should happen and wins shouldn’t be expected. But no one should be expecting 59-10 losses.

Most people are ok with the tank job. It’s one thing to lose and move on to the next week with no extra drama on the side and no one is thinking about you. It’s another to set franchise worsts losses, have the whole league looking at Miami like a toxic cesspool. Yes losing should happen and wins shouldn’t be expected. But no one should be expecting 59-10 losses.
I agree 100%

The point is, Grier has been here for years. If he’s so good, why do we need to tank this year? The answer is.... He sucks. And so far Flores is woefully under prepared to be a HC.

OK.... I was going to start this thread on January 2nd. But I couldn’t hold back any longer. Sorry about that.

The job of the GM in the NFL is to acquire talent and hold on to that talent. Please stop me if I’m wrong on that.

Okay.

The (traditional) job of a GM is to hire the best coach he sees available and set him up with the best personnel and assets for said coach to bring his plan to fruition, and eventually succeed in winning a championship.

In the mean time, he has to listen to the owner and do what the owner wants.

Steven Ross said that the team is going to have to take a step back before moving forward. Chris Grier has done, and is doing this, while trying to set Flores up for the future with players who fit his scheme.

It's one game in to the new regime. If they fail, they fail, but I'm going to need to see more than one game. I might need to see more than one year.

Okay.

The (traditional) job of a GM is to hire the best coach he sees available and set him up with the best personnel and assets for said coach to bring his plan to fruition, and eventually succeed in winning a championship.

Steven Ross said that the team is going to have to take a step back before moving forward. Chris Grier has done, and is doing this, while trying to set Flores up for the future with players who fit his scheme.

It's one game in to the new regime. If they fail, they fail, but I'm going to need to see more than one game. I might need to see more than one year.
Fair enough Goat. I understand what you’re saying. And I’ll play along and let’s give Flores the benefit of the doubt. He’s had 1 week. My question becomes, is Grier the guy that can rebuild this franchise? My answer is no. I just haven’t seen any evidence in 3 years that would lead me to believe he is.

I'm willing to let Flores grow into his head coaching position. I like the idea of having a defensive minded head coach. But Grier must go.

Okay.

I don’t think it was Steve Ross idea on this rebuild, I think he was regurgitating Greers idea for a rebuild. Ross doesn’t have that kind of football IQ.

We are twelve seasons from a 1-15 year with the number one pick in the draft and what do we have to show for that tank year? Our preeminent ten season left tackle flamed out and we won nothing. We are right back where we were SIX head coaches ago! There is clearly a problem with the guy picking coaches.

Grier’s just an extension. A former lap dog promoted extension
Which is why when you clean house and rebuild, you literally clean house and get rid of everyone who could've had influence. Regardless if Grier had say or not. Not these constant half measures that Ross keeps doing. What's next? Fire Grier but keep Flores, so the next GM can't have a say in who the HC will be? Fire Flores and keep Grier and hire another inexperienced HC? Ross is clueless on how to properly clean house and in turn build up the front office and rebuild the coaching and rosters. We're at the point now where we have almost wiped out the last few drafts yet the guy who made the picks or was in the FO when we made them is now the guy running the team and trading away or cutting those same picks.

We are twelve seasons from a 1-15 year with the number one pick in the draft and what do we have to show for that tank year? Our preeminent ten season left tackle flamed out and we won nothing. We are right back where we were SIX head coaches ago! There is clearly a problem with the guy picking coaches.
The year you're talking about was when Bill Parcels was running everything

Back
Top Bottom