Fire Grier and Flores Now! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

I don’t think it was Steve Ross idea on this rebuild, I think he was regurgitating Greers idea for a rebuild. Ross doesn’t have that kind of football IQ.

You sure about the IQ part? Grier hasn't really done anything to prove he has any kind of a football IQ either.

We are twelve seasons from a 1-15 year with the number one pick in the draft and what do we have to show for that tank year? Our preeminent ten season left tackle flamed out and we won nothing. We are right back where we were SIX head coaches ago! There is clearly a problem with the guy picking coaches.
The constant is Chris Grier

So 1 game into a total overhaul that has netted us more picks and money than anyone next year and this is where we are?

FH fan: "Bring on the tank for Tua!! Every game we win ruins our chances!"

...week 1 loss....

FH fan: "Fire everybody!!!"

I get it was an embarrassing loss but what the hell did you guys think was going to happen when we fielded a team that had been working together for the most part for all of 6 days? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Grier just land two 1st's and a 2nd in what came out to be somewhat of a chess match with Houston? Didn't he find Egg and have two pretty decent drafts? If you say we haven't drafted better in the last couple drafts you're lying to yourself and should go back to the past 2 draft day threads and read even your own posts.
This is no easy transition but when you've sucked for this long something new must be tried and it's something that we need to see through. I'm tired of trying the same old crap just to end up where we are. Maybe it fails, but I'm willing to try something new no matter what.

Yes, Jake Long was supposed to be a ten year sure fire lock down left tackle and a solid pick. Not that that is how it turned out, obviosly...

OK.... I was going to start this thread on January 2nd. But I couldn’t hold back any longer. Sorry about that.

The job of the GM in the NFL is to acquire talent and hold on to that talent. Please stop me if I’m wrong on that. So..... let’s look at Grier’s record so far.

Grier has ruined multiple drafts and has traded or will trade 2 of his last 3 1st round picks.

This team is now barely an NFL Team and would have trouble with Alabama.

Besides X.... name 1 player that would start on any other team in this league?

You might say “ But We’re tanking for Tua” My response is, Grier has been the GM for 3 years.....Right? What has he been doing for that last 2 years?

I have to say..... If I’m handing out a grade right now.....,After 3 years. Grier gets an F

Now for Flores. Besides the fact I think he shouldn’t have been hired, let’s look at his performance in week 1.

The team wasn’t ready to play in any way, shape or form. That is a fact and it is indisputable. We schemed to stop the run....... and the Ravens ran the ball like it was an OTA.

We made almost zero adjustments. We are starting multiple players in the wrong positions (OTs and Minkah).

I realize we have no talent.... But someone please point out anything that Flores or anyone on his staff has done in the last 2 weeks to make you say “That guy is smart!”. Don’t worry, I can’t come up with any either.

If I’m handing out a grade, and I know it’s early, but it’s an F

That is just my opinion.The faster Grier and Flores are gone.....The Better

That was the most dumbest and useless post I’ve ever read. Just an excuse to start your own thread

Taking a look at Grier's drafts as GM:

2016:
Laremy Tunsil (R1) - TRADED for high draft picks
Xavien Howard (R2) - Pro Bowl
Kenyan Drake (R3) - Splitting time at RB
Leonte Caroo (R3) - GONE [Out of the League]
Jakeem Grant (R6) - Starter. Resigned to multi-year deal
Jordan Lucas (R6) - GONE [KC]
Brandon Doughty (R7) - GONE [Out of the League]
Thomas Duarte (R7) - GONE [Out of the League]

2017:
Charles Harris (R1) - Very mediocre starter
Raekwon McMillain (R2) - Very mediocre starter
Cordrea Tankersley (R3) - Only really played 1 season, currently on PUP list
Isaac Asiata (R5) - GONE [Out of the League]
Davon Godchaux (R5) - Mediocre starter
Vincent Taylor (R6) - GONE [Currently Unsigned]
Isaiah Ford (R7) - Practice Squad

2018:
Minkah Fitzpatrick (R1) - Asked to be traded
Mike Gesicki (R2) - Very mediocre starter
Jerome Baker (R3) - Promising starter
Durham Smyth (R4) - Role player
Kalen Ballage (R4) - Splitting time at RB
Cornell Armstrong (R6) - GONE [Unsigned]
Quentin Polling (R7) - GONE [Unsigned]
Jason Sanders (R8) - Starter

2019:
Christian Wilkins (R1) - In Starting Rotation
[Josh Rosen] (R2) - Backup. Doesn't seem to be in plan for future
Michael Deiter (R3) - Starter
Andrew Van Ginkel (R5) - Injured for the Season
Isaiah Prince (R6) - Backup. Has looked atrocious
Chandler Cox (R7) - Blocking FB
Myles Gaskin (R7) - Backup - 5th String
HONORABLE MENTION - Preston Williams (UFA) - Most promising rookie on the team

The buck for the draft in these stopped with Grier. It's a bit unfair to try to evaluate 2019 after one game, but early results don't look amazing. Only Wilkins, Deiter and P. Williams appear to have longterm futures with the team.

So in all those years, with 30 picks, we've netted only TWO players that could be considered elite or close to it (Tunsil and X), and one of them was already shipped off for more lottery tickets.

And we look at players that even start, we currently have only 13 out of 30, and that's including two RBs who split time with each other and a Kicker. And a lot of these guys who are starting are only starting because the team is so completely devoid of talent. Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan would probably not be starting on any other team.

This is horrendous. No difference makers other than X. If this is all he can manage with 30 draft picks, we are insane to believe he will turn this massive draft haul into anything of significance. He may luck (or rather, suck) into a franchise QB, but if we are expecting him to build a winning team around that QB, its nothing more than wishful thinking based on his draft history.

OK.... I was going to start this thread on January 2nd. But I couldn’t hold back any longer. Sorry about that.

The job of the GM in the NFL is to acquire talent and hold on to that talent. Please stop me if I’m wrong on that. So..... let’s look at Grier’s record so far.

Grier has ruined multiple drafts and has traded or will trade 2 of his last 3 1st round picks.

This team is now barely an NFL Team and would have trouble with Alabama.

Besides X.... name 1 player that would start on any other team in this league?

You might say “ But We’re tanking for Tua” My response is, Grier has been the GM for 3 years.....Right? What has he been doing for that last 2 years?

I have to say..... If I’m handing out a grade right now.....,After 3 years. Grier gets an F

Now for Flores. Besides the fact I think he shouldn’t have been hired, let’s look at his performance in week 1.

The team wasn’t ready to play in any way, shape or form. That is a fact and it is indisputable. We schemed to stop the run....... and the Ravens ran the ball like it was an OTA.

We made almost zero adjustments. We are starting multiple players in the wrong positions (OTs and Minkah).

I realize we have no talent.... But someone please point out anything that Flores or anyone on his staff has done in the last 2 weeks to make you say “That guy is smart!”. Don’t worry, I can’t come up with any either.

If I’m handing out a grade, and I know it’s early, but it’s an F

That is just my opinion.The faster Grier and Flores are gone.....The Better

I am right there with you

This is a disgrace and the gameplan or whatever that was and positioning of players was not even Madden Level
Total incompetence that i am dreading watch get worse

Taking a look at Grier's drafts as GM:

2016:
Laremy Tunsil (R1) - TRADED for high draft picks
Xavien Howard (R2) - Pro Bowl
Kenyan Drake (R3) - Splitting time at RB
Leonte Caroo (R3) - GONE [Out of the League]
Jakeem Grant (R6) - Starter. Resigned to multi-year deal
Jordan Lucas (R6) - GONE [KC]
Brandon Doughty (R7) - GONE [Out of the League]
Thomas Duarte (R7) - GONE [Out of the League]

2017:
Charles Harris (R1) - Very mediocre starter
Raekwon McMillain (R2) - Very mediocre starter
Cordrea Tankersley (R3) - Only really played 1 season, currently on PUP list
Isaac Asiata (R5) - GONE [Out of the League]
Davon Godchaux (R5) - Mediocre starter
Vincent Taylor (R6) - GONE [Currently Unsigned]
Isaiah Ford (R7) - Practice Squad

2018:
Minkah Fitzpatrick (R1) - Asked to be traded
Mike Gesicki (R2) - Very mediocre starter
Jerome Baker (R3) - Promising starter
Durham Smyth (R4) - Role player
Kalen Ballage (R4) - Splitting time at RB
Cornell Armstrong (R6) - GONE [Unsigned]
Quentin Polling (R7) - GONE [Unsigned]
Jason Sanders (R8) - Starter

2019:
Christian Wilkins (R1) - In Starting Rotation
[Josh Rosen] (R2) - Backup. Doesn't seem to be in plan for future
Michael Deiter (R3) - Starter
Andrew Van Ginkel (R5) - Injured for the Season
Isaiah Prince (R6) - Backup. Has looked atrocious
Chandler Cox (R7) - Blocking FB
Myles Gaskin (R7) - Backup - 5th String
HONORABLE MENTION - Preston Williams (UFA) - Most promising rookie on the team

The buck for the draft in these stopped with Grier. It's a bit unfair to try to evaluate 2019 after one game, but early results don't look amazing. Only Wilkins, Deiter and P. Williams appear to have longterm futures with the team.

So in all those years, with 30 picks, we've netted only TWO players that could be considered elite or close to it (Tunsil and X), and one of them was already shipped off for more lottery tickets.

And we look at players that even start, we currently have only 13 out of 30, and that's including two RBs who split time with each other and a Kicker.

This is horrendous. No difference makers other than X. If this is all he can manage with 30 draft picks, we are insane to believe he will turn this massive draft haul into anything of significance. He may luck (or rather, suck) into a franchise QB, but if we are expecting him to build a winning team around that QB, its nothing more than wishful thinking based on his draft history.
This is mis-leading because you know TB and Gase had a huge say.

Heh. We had the least talented team in the nfl... before the tunsil trade, and our plan has been to get the best qb of the 2020 draft, esp after it became obvyto the staff the Rosen can’t read a defense. Enjoy the tank, or take a year off.

And if you were a talented player you would be marching right up to get on this team under these bozos with zero integrity next season? Not thinking so

Back
Top Bottom