Fire Grier and Flores Now! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

This is mis-leading because you know TB and Gase had a huge say.
That's the one thing I can't stand about the structure of this team since Ross took over. Who made what calls on which players? So much finger pointing. Was it Tannebaum? Gase? Grier? You just don't know for certain who's accountable! Now we have Grier and Flores (along with others Grier has brought in), but it could be either one making calls on the players. So if a player turns out great, either one can point to that player and get credit. If that pick fails, either one can point the blame at the other. Just like all of our previous front office setups. Ross may be a great businessman when it comes to his many business endeavors, but putting together a coherent football management team is beyond his capability. We should've a hired a new GM from OUTSIDE the team with no history or ties to our previous regime, with an entirely clean house, and have that ONE person be the one who's solely accountable for everything, from choosing the coaches, the FAs, draft picks and everything else. Other teams do this. Instead, Ross just keeps on insisting we keep onboard at least one person from the last regime like usual and everything about this team still sucks. Not to mention, the one guy who's been here since every regime change since the mid-2000s, coincidentally which is when we really started being mediocre head on without a plan in place, is the one leading the charge for this "new plan".

Last edited:
Nah keep them until the tank job is complete and then get rid of both. Locker room destroyed after one week gotta be a new record. Even more impressive that they lost a locker room with zero veterans and scrub players lmao
Question what would BB do if a player put himself over the team?

The constant is Chris Grier

And several janitors are also still around since then too. They clearly influenced all those drafts by the way they emptied the garbage, subtly shifting mindsets throughout the building. They should clearly go too.

I could, but it would be an invalid comparison because their team is stacked with good starters while ours is completely bereft of talent. So obviously it would be much more difficult for their draft picks to stick around on a good, loaded team, than on a completely dreadful one.

I think the key there is to see how many of their draft picks are currently out of the league. Half of the 2016 Dolphins draft is currently out of the league.

Past 5 years decision makers from acquisition to their use on the field (or not on the field in most cases). Need I say more?

1568391953790.png1568391992542.png1568392088283.png

Isnt this thread 1000000 saying the same thing? Nevermind the persistent posters who bleed it into every thread possible here. Shoot the same stupid talking points can be found in the PFT comment section.

I could, but it would be an invalid comparison because their team is stacked with good starters while ours is completely bereft of talent. So obviously it would be much more difficult for their draft picks to stick around on a good, loaded team, than on a completely dreadful one.

I think the key there is to see how many of their draft picks are currently out of the league. Half of the 2016 Dolphins draft is currently out of the league.

Okeydokey.

I show both teams with five drafted players out of the league during that time frame.

Vincent Taylor is with the Bills. Cornell Armstrong is with the Texans.

Edit: Also, that 2016 Pats draft was pretty damned good.

But a third of it is out of the league.

And several janitors are also still around since then too. They clearly influenced all those drafts by the way they emptied the garbage, subtly shifting mindsets throughout the building. They should clearly go too.
Agreed.

Man reading the excuses in this thread you would think that Grier's job was to get Gase and Tannenbaum's coffee. He was the GM and played a big part in the failure.
I think some understand he was not the shot caller, the final say. I would hope, if that is true, just how important that actually is. I don't think it can be as easily ignored as some seem to like to do.

Will he be good? No one knows that.

Okeydokey.

I show both teams with five drafted players out of the league during that time frame.

Vincent Taylor is with the Bills. Cornell Armstrong is with the Texans.

Edit: Also, that 2016 Pats draft was pretty damned good.

But a third of it is out of the league.

Pats had 32 picks to Dolphins 30 in that time frame. I only see 2 out of the league for Patriots definitively according to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm. Dolphins have 4 out of the league (if you include Asiata who just retired): https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/draft.htm

This is one measure, but I think the better measure is to look at the roster as a whole and see how many were drafted by that team, and for how long. To do this right it would take far more time than I have right now, so I will make the comparison of starters only.

Patriots Starters Drafted by the Team:
QB Tom Brady (2000)
RB Sony Michel (2018)
WR Julian Edelman (2009)
LT Isaiah Wynn (2018)
LG Joe Thuney (2016)
C Ted Karras (2016)
RG Shaq Mason (2015)
RT Marcus Cannon (2011)
---
LDE Deatrich Wise Jr (2017)
WLB Dont'a Hightower (2012)
MLB Elandon Roberts (2016)
SS Patrick Chung (2009)
FS Devin McCourty (2010)
---
K Stephen Gostkowski (2006)

Breakdown:
Total Starters Drafted By Team: 14
<4 Years in League: 6
>4 Years in League: 8

Dolphins Starters Drafted by the Team:
RB Kenyand Drake (2016)
WR Devante Parker (2015)
WR Jakeem Grant (2016)
TE Mike Gesicki (2018)
LG Michael Deiter (2019)
---
NT Davon Godchaux (2017)
RDE Christian Wilkins (2019)
LILB Raekwon McMillan (2017)
RILB Jerome Baker (2018)
SLB Charles Harris (2018)
LCB Xavien Howard (2016)
SS Bobby McCain (2015)
FS Reshad Jones (2010)
FS Minkah Fitzpatrick (2018) [not listed as starter on depthchart according to ESPN, but he starts so I included him]
---
K Jason Sanders (2018)

Breakdown:
Total Starters Drafted By Team: 15
<4 Years in League: 12
>4 Years in League: 3

Now consider the quality of the drafted starters... NE's entire O-Line was drafted almost entirely within the last 4 years, yet the Dolphins don't have a single player on the OL drafted by the team except for rookie Michael Deter. NE's OL is considered tops in the league, ours is considered the worst in Dolphins history. Who is responsible for that? Somehow NE could build an elite O-Line in just a little over 5 years, yet Grier couldn't even find ONE quality starter (other than the one he traded away) in that time span.

Now also consider how many top quality drafted starters they have on their second contracts in NE. That means that it is much more difficult for their players drafted since 2016 to make it into the starting lineup and stick with the team. Compare that with the Dolphins who have a whopping 12 starters since 2016, and only 3 from the years before that. Only 3 are in their 2nd or 3rd contract with the team. That means there is A LOT more opportunity for less talented draft picks since 2016 to stick around.

And don't forget, Grier also played an integral role in drafting for almost 2 decades. What does it say that this team is completely bereft of those players outside of Reshad Jones?

Last edited:
Pats had 32 picks to Dolphins 30 in that time frame. I only see 2 out of the league for Patriots definitively according to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm. Dolphins have 4 out of the league (if you include Asiata who just retired): https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/draft.htm

This is one measure, but I think the better measure is to look at the roster as a whole and see how many were drafted by that team, and for how long. To do this right it would take far more time than I have right now, so I will make the comparison of starters only.

QB Tom Brady (2000)
RB Sony Michel (2018)
WR Julian Edelman (2009)
LT Isaiah Wynn (2018)
LG Joe Thuney (2016)
C Ted Karras (2016)
RG Shaq Mason (2015)
RT Marcus Cannon (2011)
---
SS Patrick Chung (2009)
FS Devin McCourty (2010)
---

Breakdown:

RB Kenyand Drake (2016)
WR Devante Parker (2015)
WR Jakeem Grant (2016)
TE Mike Gesicki (2018)
LG Michael Deiter (2019)
---
NT Davon Godchaux (2017)
RILB Jerome Baker (2018)
LCB Xavien Howard (2016)
SS Bobby McCain (2015)
FS Reshad Jones (2010)
FS Minkah Fitzpatrick (2018) [not listed as starter on depthchart according to ESPN, but he starts so I included him]
---
K Jason Sanders (2018)

Breakdown:

Now consider the quality of the drafted starters... NE's entire O-Line was drafted almost entirely within the last 4 years, yet the Dolphins don't have a single player on the OL drafted by the team except for rookie Michael Deter. NE's OL is considered tops in the league, ours is considered the worst in Dolphins history. Who is responsible for that? Somehow NE could build an elite O-Line in just a little over 5 years, yet Grier couldn't even find ONE quality starter (other than the one he traded away) in that time span.

Now also consider how many top quality drafted starters they have on their second contracts in NE. That means that it is much more difficult for their players drafted since 2016 to make it into the starting lineup and stick with the team. Compare that with the Dolphins who have a whopping 12 starters since 2016, and only 3 from the years before that. Only 3 are in their 2nd or 3rd contract with the team. That means there is A LOT more opportunity for less talented draft picks since 2016 to stick around.

And don't forget, Grier also played an integral role in drafting for almost 2 decades. What does it say that this team is completely bereft of those players outside of Reshad Jones?
Dead on Skape. Grier is a huge part of the problem and he has been for years. Ultimately, I guess we should blame Ross for another half assed effort on finding a GM. Grier can’t spot talent in the draft nor in a coach apparently. He has to go

QB Tom Brady (2000)
RB Sony Michel (2018)
WR Julian Edelman (2009)
LT Isaiah Wynn (2018)
LG Joe Thuney (2016)
C Ted Karras (2016)
RG Shaq Mason (2015)
RT Marcus Cannon (2011)
---
SS Patrick Chung (2009)
FS Devin McCourty (2010)
---

Breakdown:

RB Kenyand Drake (2016)
WR Devante Parker (2015)
WR Jakeem Grant (2016)
TE Mike Gesicki (2018)
LG Michael Deiter (2019)
---
NT Davon Godchaux (2017)
RILB Jerome Baker (2018)
LCB Xavien Howard (2016)
SS Bobby McCain (2015)
FS Reshad Jones (2010)
---
K Jason Sanders (2018)

Breakdown:
Total Starters Drafted By Team: 15

Going further, how many of these starters drafted since 2016 look like they will receive a second contract with the Dolphins at this point? So far only Grant and X have. How many more look on their way to a 2nd contract with Phins? I doubt Drake will. Too early to tell with 2019 draft picks. But of the rest, probably only Jerome Baker and Jason Sanders. That ain't good.

Back
Top Bottom