Fire Grier and Flores Now! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

I’d keep them through the season just because you can’t get anyone worthwhile now anyway, but they’d both be on the unemployment line when the clock strikes 0 in week 17. It’s not that the team is bad. It’s that we have turned into a clown show, and keeping Grier was a mistake to begin with. He should not be trusted with picks and money.

I just don't get it. They told you exactly what they were doing this year, but then after you witness it, you want everyone fired?

I was responding to your original point. If you want to expand it beyond that, and then expand it again because you didn't like my rebuttal, you're addressing someone other than me.

And your point was trying to somehow make the claim that the Patriots and Dolphins are on the same level of competence in terms of the draft. That is flat absurd.

They hired Coach Flo to tank. They paid him to tank and then stockpile picks for a tear-down rebuild. They planned a tank job to get the top pick and rebuild the roster from the ground up with draft picks. They executed this plan in the offseason trading everything for 2020 and 2021 draft picks. They've begun executing the tank. Ross signed off on this plan. Grier designed this plan. They recruited Coach Flo to execute this plan after Adam Gase indicated that he was not going to be a part of a tear-down rebuild tank job. Now, they're delivering on that plan and it's going according to plan. No, we didn't intend to lose by 49 points … but we wanted to make sure we lost this week, and next week, and continued losing almost every game all season, so we had to gut the roster, and we did.

Add to all of that we're going through an adjustment phase of learning entirely new systems and schemes. Lots of players are brand new, either rookies or new additions, some in the week before the season started--and those guys played! So yeah, it was bound to be horrible.

If there ends up being 1 great QB in the 2020 draft and he goes #1 overall … and we finish with the #2 pick … we have failed. The only way to do this is to tank, and that's exactly what we're doing. There's zero chance we fire these guys now. NOBODY is signing on at the beginning of the tank knowing we just gutted the roster of talent and immediately changed our minds and expect wins. We'll get no GM's worth a dang, and absolutely no coaches, head coaches or otherwise. There are ZERO options if we try to change course now.

No, this path was planned, predicted, and is now set. There are no benefits from deviating from the plan now. Let's just follow the plan and see how it works out. Yes, we've been saying since we signed Coach Flo, this is going to be a very painful season. Many people didn't believe me then, most have seen the light now … but for the resolute few who think we can and should try to win 6 games this year … I simply say, I disagree. At this point our best chance to build a team that can challenge for anything is to complete the tank job. We tried jumping off the tankwagon in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, and we had the pole position half way through the season … and we entered the Tannehill era and didn't challenge for anything. This time, let's win the tankathon.

IMO I hope this rebuild is the last one for a long while if we have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds next draft and they cant find 4 starters and fill in with solid back ups with picks 4-7 ( and maybe find a diamond in the rough) then have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds in 2021 we should have a great o-line and great d-line if not i would have to say we need to rebuild the front office and scouting dept. IMO i dont like the idea of drafting tua as i think rosen would do just fine given a good o-line in front of him really hope this works out but sad part is we have to wait and get to the draft

And your point was trying to somehow make the claim that the Patriots and Dolphins are on the same level of competence in terms of the draft. That is flat absurd.

Nobody was doing that. Not to speak for anyone else but i believe my take is in line with his. Every team has players fail for one reason or another and they miss on picks but for sure some are better than others.

is it possible that this has been the plan all along? Hire a guy from NE (NE coaches rarely do any good) knowing he wont do much, so we can get high draft picks? Maybe Ross knows what he's doing. Me personally, I would never hire an NE coach to be head coach.
I wouldn’t touch anything that comes from New England with a 39 and a half foot pole.

I just don't get it. They told you exactly what they were doing this year, but then after you witness it, you want everyone fired?
Tank without losing the locker room, trading away young talent , tarnishing the franchise image even more, and setting dubious records for home losses.

OK I'll jump in with my best guess on what needs to happen next.

We need a HC with a POSITIVE resume. I was hoping COUGHLIN would be our Head of Operations but noooo... So along those same lines, I'd love MIKE SHANAHAN to come on board as our next HC. IMO, he's EXACTLY what this sad, sad, sad franchise needs.:up:
Coughlin or Shanahan would never put up with Ross for long. Now if Ross sold out to someone who gives a ****, like maybe Eddie DeBartolo, it might work. But it's probably too late now, they're all old geezers even older than me.

But all that said, tank's a tank. Can't blame the good players and personnel for running for cover. At least I know I can cut the grass and clean the pool Sunday afternoon and not miss anything.

Everything. You're dismissing the intentions of the front office to bitch about current performance. Ridiculous.

You're dismissing that fact that you'd have to be an idiot to agree to a tank job and think you are going to come out on the other end smelling like roses.

Are you asking me that question?

You posted the question about Dan C, if things would have been better if we had such with him. I'm simply observing that no other team has looked at him seriously for a HC job. So, yes, I'm asking why you think it would have worked out any better with him.

Here's an idea to make a quick buck for somebody in the Miami area: design a brown paper bag that looks like a tank.

Back
Top Bottom