Fire Grier and Flores Now! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

I fully endorse a full house cleaning from the top down, and that includes not just the major decision makers, but also the training staff and anyone else who consistently screws things up. How about the equipment guy? Our guys still fall down all the time. Not even joking.

But not right now. In January.

I don't see how you can do a tank job like this, lose the locker room, and embarrass the franchise even more, and then sell a winning culture and atmosphere to players and fans when it's time to use the draft capital and cap space. You already set a bad tone for the whole regime. If they go 1-15 or 0-16, I don't want anyone here from this year.

But not in week 2. After the season.

I wonder how the locker would be right now if they chose to hire Dan Campbell as head coach and support him with a decent coordinators.

OK I'll jump in with my best guess on what needs to happen next.

We need a HC with a POSITIVE resume. I was hoping COUGHLIN would be our Head of Operations but noooo... So along those same lines, I'd love MIKE SHANAHAN to come on board as our next HC. IMO, he's EXACTLY what this sad, sad, sad franchise needs.:up:

I wonder how the locker would be right now if they chose to hire Dan Campbell as head coach and support him with a decent coordinators.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

images

tenor.gif

No-one messes with The DANIMAL!!!

The Dolphin bus is heading the wrong way down the highway, and nobody is behind the wheel...… Enjoy the ride !!!

I’d keep them through the season just because you can’t get anyone worthwhile now anyway, but they’d both be on the unemployment line when the clock strikes 0 in week 17. It’s not that the team is bad. It’s that we have turned into a clown show, and keeping Grier was a mistake to begin with. He should not be trusted with picks and money.

is it possible that this has been the plan all along? Hire a guy from NE (NE coaches rarely do any good) knowing he wont do much, so we can get high draft picks? Maybe Ross knows what he's doing. Me personally, I would never hire an NE coach to be head coach.

I stopped reading after your title. Stupid take. They're obviously tanking. Suck it up.
If you stopped reading you totally missed the point. Which is obvious by your reply.

Me personally, I would never hire an NE coach to be head coach.

It's rubbed me the wrong way since day one. When we hired Flores, all I could think of was what Zach Thomas said when asked why he turned down an offer from the Patriots after we cut him. He said something along the lines of: 'Playing those guys twice a year, year after year, you learn to hate them.'

Going further, how many of these starters drafted since 2016 look like they will receive a second contract with the Dolphins at this point? So far only Grant and X have. How many more look on their way to a 2nd contract with Phins? I doubt Drake will. Too early to tell with 2019 draft picks. But of the rest, probably only Jerome Baker and Jason Sanders. That ain't good.

I was responding to your original point. If you want to expand it beyond that, and then expand it again because you didn't like my rebuttal, you're addressing someone other than me.

Back
Top Bottom