Fire Lemuel Jeanpierre NOW | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Lemuel Jeanpierre NOW

I agree. They knew he was very new to coaching. So the question is how did he improve and will he through his development be improved enough to be the OL coach next year. Not saying don't bring in a new guy but don't bring in a new guy just for change's sake. Have an actual plan.

Agree.

Earlier this season, I wondered if Flo had patience issues when it came to personnel moves (KVN, Flowers, etc...)

Ironically, I wonder if he's doing the opposite in terms of staff (LJP, Frye, OC) i.e. thinking 3 or 4 yrs down the line.

That said, the NFL is what have you done recently league and too much focus on the future and not enough on the here & now could be costly.

Coaches have to learn too in order to become good vet coaches. We’re taking our lumps with a rookie OL coach. If his unit is improving, why fire him after investing the season in him?

Where do you think LJP will be as an OL coach after next year, or even after 5 years? That’s how we need to think as an organization to have long term success, which includes developing coaches, instead of fire and brimstone every offseason.
While in general yes. But OL coach is the most complex position coach. Most OL coach gained experience at the college level or as a long tenure(5-10 years) as an assistant OL coach under a top OL coach.

Now look at LJP. He has had 2 years as an assistant OL coach under 2 different OL coaches before becoming an OL coach. Now go look at Scarnecchia's (OL coach from NE for years now retired). That guy coached OL starting in 1970 at small time colleges, didn't really become an full time NFL OL coach until 1999. Coached years of OL in college then started out in the NFL at lesser positions such at TE and special teams for years as well.

Flo bungled the O staff hiring. Never should have prompted LJP before getting an OC. The moment he did that it all but guaranteed an internal OC hire. Most good OC bring some of their guys and OL coach is a must because of scheme. Heck we hired Gailey out of retirement and he still brought in his guy at OL (Marshall).

I have warmed up to the OC and really don't want to have our guys learning a new O for the 4th time in 4 years. But LPJ needs to go can't do it now but in the off-season. The OL coaching has been brutal. We had 3 rookies start last year at times, everyone of them has regressed this year, coaching. Lots of discipline issues with penalties, again coaching. So many blown blocking assignments, way to often is 2 guys blocking one guy yet a guy goes unblocked to the QB, again coaching. That is 3 major areas were the OL coach has failed, development, discipline, and block scheme/assignments. Now LJP may someday be a good OL coach, but he is in way over his head at the moment. He needs to cut his teeth in college or under a top NFL OL coach for some time.

Playing Devils Advocate… Is it LPJ’s fault he was handed 5 guards, played with 4 different centers, has a #1 TE and top 2 RBs that can’t block, and told to make it work?

He’s inexperienced no doubt but he’s playing OL poker with pocket 6s.

Based on the draft position of picks, he has plenty of talent. Not one of his players is stepping out as a star or improving to be a star

O-line remains the biggest issue for the Dolphins to resolve but I think I see some improvement. Calling for Lemuel Jean-Pierre to be fired immediately after the team has won its past 5 games is ridiculous. He's a young coach and let's see if the O-line can continue to improve for the remaining 4 games.
F that, he’s garbage. Bring in an experienced professional asap please

It is NOT the linemen....
Huh? Who is it then? They’re the guys getting smoked play after play…….After play. I get we don’t have a great OL coach. However, at some point you have to line up and beat the guy across from you. Unfortunately, our linemen can’t do that with even a little bit of consistency. I’ve said it before….This is a historically bad OL.

While in general yes. But OL coach is the most complex position coach. Most OL coach gained experience at the college level or as a long tenure(5-10 years) as an assistant OL coach under a top OL coach.

Now look at LJP. He has had 2 years as an assistant OL coach under 2 different OL coaches before becoming an OL coach. Now go look at Scarnecchia's (OL coach from NE for years now retired). That guy coached OL starting in 1970 at small time colleges, didn't really become an full time NFL OL coach until 1999. Coached years of OL in college then started out in the NFL at lesser positions such at TE and special teams for years as well.

Flo bungled the O staff hiring. Never should have prompted LJP before getting an OC. The moment he did that it all but guaranteed an internal OC hire. Most good OC bring some of their guys and OL coach is a must because of scheme. Heck we hired Gailey out of retirement and he still brought in his guy at OL (Marshall).

I have warmed up to the OC and really don't want to have our guys learning a new O for the 4th time in 4 years. But LPJ needs to go can't do it now but in the off-season. The OL coaching has been brutal. We had 3 rookies start last year at times, everyone of them has regressed this year, coaching. Lots of discipline issues with penalties, again coaching. So many blown blocking assignments, way to often is 2 guys blocking one guy yet a guy goes unblocked to the QB, again coaching. That is 3 major areas were the OL coach has failed, development, discipline, and block scheme/assignments. Now LJP may someday be a good OL coach, but he is in way over his head at the moment. He needs to cut his teeth in college or under a top NFL OL coach for some time.
We need a new OC and new o-line coach. I'm not content with either at this point. The problem is it doesn't seem that Flores has the ability to hire a decent coaching staff especially on the offensive side of the ball. No good coaches want to work under Flores it seems. That's why we are stuck with garbage at this point.

Last edited:
Playing Devils Advocate… Is it LPJ’s fault he was handed 5 guards, played with 4 different centers, has a #1 TE and top 2 RBs that can’t block, and told to make it work?

He’s inexperienced no doubt but he’s playing OL poker with pocket 6s.
Not a narrative I believe is accurate.

Say what you want about the talent, Jesse Davis has statistically graded out as an average OT his entire career. Not ideal but not awful.

Hes regressed.

Just about every player on the line, young or old, has not just hit a wall but actually developed WORSE technique.

Huh? Who is it then? They’re the guys getting smoked play after play…….After play. I get we don’t have a great OL coach. However, at some point you have to line up and beat the guy across from you. Unfortunately, our linemen can’t do that with even a little bit of consistency. I’ve said it before….This is a historically bad OL.

The lineman are getting "smoked play after play" because they do not either trust/believe in the scheme or are confused. I can plainly see it in their play they are tentative (which is an over simplification).

Next if the coach was even remotely competent he would have cleaned up the foot and handwork of the players (ever watch Jackson?, watch his hands and feet.

He’s had 3 years….he has 4 more games.

It’s not just about the players…it’s coaching, and Flo assembles his staff.
Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I mean…Flo fired the previous OL coach, and promoted the assistant under his training…makes sense.

He gave him his shot, and the line arguably regressed…move on at the end of the season, and don’t promote his assistant that has this year as his whole NFL coaching experience.

Back
Top Bottom