Fire Lemuel Jeanpierre NOW | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Lemuel Jeanpierre NOW

Worst OL in the league
Worst run offense in league
Needs veteran RT
Too many penalties
Trouble picking up stunts

The lineman are getting "smoked play after play" because they do not either trust/believe in the scheme or are confused. I can plainly see it in their play they are tentative (which is an over simplification).

Next if the coach was even remotely competent he would have cleaned up the foot and handwork of the players (ever watch Jackson?, watch his hands and feet.
Just to get this straight….You’re saying it’s the OL coach’s fault that guys that have been playing OL for a minimum of 6 - 10 years of their lives have completely forgotten how to set their feet or where to place their hands? I disagree.

The talent we have on the OL is sub par. I don’t think that’s even an argument. However, I will concede that our OL coach isn’t helping in any way.

Regardless, the talent we have drafted basically just isn’t cutting it. I blame Grier as much as I do our OL coach Pepe LePeux. As I said before…. Pass Pro is more often than not 1 on 1. Man on Man…..and may the best man win. That’s when….No Matter what the coaching is…..It’s do or die. Well….We’ve died a thousand deaths this year.

You’re gonna tell me a good OL coach would make Jessie Davis a competent RT? I don’t think so. Austin Jackson isn’t just a failed LT….He’s now failing at LG too. What coach would change that? Robert Hunt isn’t exactly setting the NFL RG world on fire….. And the 7 different Centers we’ve had have been average at best. So…While Pepe LePeux definitely sucks as an OL coach…..The talent he has to work with doesn’t exactly inspire any confidence either.

Grier’s main job from January 10th on is to improve this OL at all costs. I think that means a new COMPETENT OL coach and at least 3 new linemen. The 2 holdovers shall not be named Austin Jackson nor Jessie Davis.

Appreciate coach giving the young coach a chance. But you can’t do this going forward. You really have to bring in the best possible coach you can going forward.

Just to get this straight….You’re saying it’s the OL coach’s fault that guys that have been playing OL for a minimum of 6 - 10 years of their lives have completely forgotten how to set their feet or where to place their hands? I disagree.

The talent we have on the OL is sub par. I don’t think that’s even an argument. However, I will concede that our OL coach isn’t helping in any way.

Regardless, the talent we have drafted basically just isn’t cutting it. I blame Grier as much as I do our OL coach Pepe LePeux. As I said before…. Pass Pro is more often than not 1 on 1. Man on Man…..and may the best man win. That’s when….No Matter what the coaching is…..It’s do or die. Well….We’ve died a thousand deaths this year.

You’re gonna tell me a good OL coach would make Jessie Davis a competent RT? I don’t think so. Austin Jackson isn’t just a failed LT….He’s now failing at LG too. What coach would change that? Robert Hunt isn’t exactly setting the NFL RG world on fire….. And the 7 different Centers we’ve had have been average at best. So…While Pepe LePeux definitely sucks as an OL coach…..The talent he has to work with doesn’t exactly inspire any confidence either.

Grier’s main job from January 10th on is to improve this OL at all costs. I think that means a new COMPETENT OL coach and at least 3 new linemen. The 2 holdovers shall not be named Austin Jackson nor Jessie Davis.
Could not agree more, it’s Grier’s fault for drafting guards with all these high picks.

Jackson, Hunt, Eichenberg, and Solomon are all 1st or 2nd year players and they make up the core of the line (or at least should make it up), so yes I do blame the OL coach for the lack of fundamentals.

The talent on OL has the proper metrics for the most part (whether the drive and intelligence is there is another question).

In pass protection (and run blocking) there are so many things that occur before, during and after you lock up "1 on 1" with defender. This is what I am concentrating on because it is the difference between a good OL and a bad OL, and this is where coach "Pepe LePeux" (like the name) is showing his direct incompetence.

These lineman do not know what to do and when that breakdown occurs so do fundamentals of hand placement and balance (Jackson is the most obvious, look at how many times he crosses his feet....THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, and any competent coach know this.

Jesse Davis should never be a starter on any team, he is a 6th or 7th man you will get zero argument from me on this point. Austin Jackson, I've said many times lacks the strength to play the position (weight room time) which is why he drops his buttocks too early and has to lunge which leads to that very awkward blocking we have seen from him time and time again. Any competent line coach should have seen this and dragged his into the weight room, shamed him or benched him. Jackson will get someone hurt in his current state.

Robert Hunt, has the all the tools, I strongly suspect this is all coaching (unless he hates playing guard)

Center has been a mess, I'll agree Le Pew cant be held accountable for this position.

Last edited:
I do believe he needs to be replaced after this season but it’s not like there is a great OL coach sitting out there who can come in and turn this OL around in the next 4 games. The reality is he is probably in over his head as an NFL OL coach at this time but in his defense, he really doesn’t have a lot of talented offensive linemen to work with either.

Grier needs to bring in at least 3 quality offensive linemen between free agency and the draft just to possibly make this an average OL next season. No matter who the OL coach is next year.

Tom Cable me
While the Dolphins OL is rated 32nd out of 32 teams. The Raiders are rated only the 29th OL in the NFL. Whether this rating is due to the firing of Gruden and the players just not playing at a high level under the interim HC or Cable just isn’t doing a good job as the OL coach this year has to be a huge question at this time.

Cable has been a decent OL coach before this season but so far this season, his OL has been pretty terrible.

According to a well respected poster with seemingly inside information, the FO knows it 'screwed the pooch' by asking young inexperienced Offensive linemen to cross train before they had become comfortable in their original positions. If you couple that with an inexperienced OL coach who may be tinkering with footwork and hand placement, you see what are players lacking in confidence, thinking while they're getting their @$$e$ whipped on every play. Ultimately it's on Flo. He also tried to play more base D instead of being aggressive. It cost us games. His choice for OL coach also cost us games.

I think (and hope) he will be fired but after the season is over. let's face it we will finish as the worst or close to the worst OLINE in the league. just fire him for job performance .
i think if Flores keeps him and they start off bad again in 2022 it will be Flores who will once again be on the hot seat
If Flores fires him and the team starts slow, Flores should still be on the hot seat. Dude needs to field a team that plays competently from beginning to end of the season.

According to a well respected poster with seemingly inside information, the FO knows it 'screwed the pooch' by asking young inexperienced Offensive linemen to cross train before they had become comfortable in their original positions. If you couple that with an inexperienced OL coach who may be tinkering with footwork and hand placement, you see what are players lacking in confidence, thinking while they're getting their @$$e$ whipped on every play. Ultimately it's on Flo. He also tried to play more base D instead of being aggressive. It cost us games. His choice for OL coach also cost us games.
This is the most logical reason why our OL sucks. However, if the posters in this group could see why hiring a young OL coach to work with a young OL being asked to do too much is problematic, it's mind boggling that the Grier/Flores couldn't see it coming.

While the Dolphins OL is rated 32nd out of 32 teams. The Raiders are rated only the 29th OL in the NFL. Whether this rating is due to the firing of Gruden and the players just not playing at a high level under the interim HC or Cable just isn’t doing a good job as the OL coach this year has to be a huge question at this time.

Cable has been a decent OL coach before this season but so far this season, his OL has been pretty terrible.
The Raiders parted ways with a number of the solid linemen they had last year. Their #1 pick Alex Leatherwood (I believe) was a bust waiting to happen and always looked like a slow footed guard to me, but who knows.

Y'all, the more I think about this subject, the more I want everyone to stay in place. I know I've been on the soapbox preaching about consistency in a few threads already, but here I am again.

I've also questioned just about every hire the team has made. LJP has been a big question mark for me even before the season began and I've already called for him to be ousted. But, the more I want someone proven in that position, I also know that changing the scheme, assignments, progressions, and personnel every year is going to have inconsistent results, as we've witnessed.

Just like last year it seems that the team plays better later in the year. A few good games strung together has created a lot of optimism looking forward. I'd rather they keep that ball rolling as far as possible before gambling on a new set of coaches and a whole new offense. Perhaps, if most everything remained the same, they wouldn't dig such a big hole and the beginning of the season.

Jackson, Hunt, Eichenberg, and Solomon are all 1st or 2nd year players and they make up the core of the line (or at least should make it up), so yes I do blame the OL coach for the lack of fundamentals.

The talent on OL has the proper metrics for the most part (whether the drive and intelligence is there is another question).

In pass protection (and run blocking) there are so many things that occur before, during and after you lock up "1 on 1" with defender. This is what I am concentrating on because it is the difference between a good OL and a bad OL, and this is where coach "Pepe LePeux" (like the name) is showing his direct incompetence.

These lineman do not know what to do and when that breakdown occurs so do fundamentals of hand placement and balance (Jackson is the most obvious, look at how many times he crosses his feet....THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, and any competent coach know this.

Jesse Davis should never be a starter on any team, he is a 6th or 7th man you will get zero argument from me on this point. Austin Jackson, I've said many times lacks the strength to play the position (weight room time) which is why he drops his buttocks too early and has to lunge which leads to that very awkward blocking we have seen from him time and time again. Any competent line coach should have seen this and dragged his into the weight room, shamed him or benched him. Jackson will get someone hurt in his current state.

Robert Hunt, has the all the tools, I strongly suspect this is all coaching (unless he hates playing guard)

Center has been a mess, I'll agree Le Pew cant be held accountable for this position.
Well said.... And I actually agree. Coaching may be the main problem. With the possible exceptions of Hunt and Eichenberg, they all need to go (Eichenberg is not an LT. Move him to RT).

Back
Top Bottom