First round picks. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First round picks.

Once we signed Fitz I knew we had no chance to get that #1 pick. Just a stupid move when wanting to start over and rebuild. Just made no fng sense. Sucks now we can’t get the best QB in the draft.

Once we signed Fitz I knew we had no chance to get that #1 pick. Just a stupid move when wanting to start over and rebuild. Just made no fng sense. Sucks now we can’t get the best QB in the draft.

Even without Fitz we could have won 2 games and pick 2nd or 3rd. Bengals were not going to win more than one game (they won last game cause they already had #1 locked up)

When WHO wanted to "start over?" Not Flo. Not the players.

If ever a team was in a position to draft the best player available it's Miami. If the best player on the board is Jerry Jeudy you take him, even if you think your receiving corp is already solid. The Dolphins have the cap space to help fill some of the positions of need that they might miss out on in the draft. For example if they miss out on one of the top tackles they can try to sign Conklin from the the Titans and then draft a second tier tackle to compete with and likely beat out Davenport. Same with guard move Davis back to guard and just draft a second tier guy to compete with Dieter. If Miami did end up with Jeudy you could always trade one of the reciever on the roster if needed, however WIlliams Parker and Jeudy with Hurns, Ford and either Wilson or Jennings would be down right scary. Could you imagine drafting someone like Jacob Eason, coaching him up a little and then giving him those weapons to work with.

Trade two picks next year and the back half this year for number 1, draft burrow and best linemen with 5.

Good thing we won those bogus games against the eagles redskins and jets right?

giphy (55).gif

If ever a team was in a position to draft the best player available it's Miami. If the best player on the board is Jerry Jeudy you take him, even if you think your receiving corp is already solid. The Dolphins have the cap space to help fill some of the positions of need that they might miss out on in the draft. For example if they miss out on one of the top tackles they can try to sign Conklin from the the Titans and then draft a second tier tackle to compete with and likely beat out Davenport. Same with guard move Davis back to guard and just draft a second tier guy to compete with Dieter. If Miami did end up with Jeudy you could always trade one of the reciever on the roster if needed, however WIlliams Parker and Jeudy with Hurns, Ford and either Wilson or Jennings would be down right scary. Could you imagine drafting someone like Jacob Eason, coaching him up a little and then giving him those weapons to work with.
I do understand the thought process there, but I have a couple of counter points.

First, BPA is rarely that clear cut, when comparing non similar positions.

Second, that theory discounts the value of having a "high demand" player on a 5 yr rookie deal, as opposed to paying a similar player FA money. I know we have cap space now, but we won't for long if we aren't prudent in using it.

I would say a guy like Jeudy is high demand as well, but if you have another player that grades out the same at his specific position, that is a more pressing need (O-line for example), it makes sense to go with that player.

I'm not saying you are, necessarily wrong, but there is more than one way to look at it. None of us are privy to how the scouts have these guys ranked.

Trade two picks next year and the back half this year for number 1, draft burrow and best linemen with 5.

Good thing we won those bogus games against the eagles redskins and jets right?

Joe Burrow will be 24 next year. He spent 3 seasons barely being able to get on the field. He had a mediocre season at LSU last year after he transferred. He had one season of elite play at the college level in 5 years. I wish him all the success in the NFL, but I fail to see the upside to a player 2 months older than Josh Rosen (who has 2 years of NFL experience). I hate to break it to you, but the first QB taken in each draft hasn’t won a Super Bowl since Eli Manning in 2004 (and he didn’t even play for the team that drafted him). Being the “best” college QB prospect doesn’t translate into success in the NFL.

Even without Fitz we could have won 2 games and pick 2nd or 3rd. Bengals were not going to win more than one game (they won last game cause they already had #1 locked up)
Oh ok thx

Joe Burrow will be 24 next year. He spent 3 seasons barely being able to get on the field. He had a mediocre season at LSU last year after he transferred. He had one season of elite play at the college level in 5 years. I wish him all the success in the NFL, but I fail to see the upside to a player 2 months older than Josh Rosen (who has 2 years of NFL experience). I hate to break it to you, but the first QB taken in each draft hasn’t won a Super Bowl since Eli Manning in 2004 (and he didn’t even play for the team that drafted him). Being the “best” college QB prospect doesn’t translate into success in the NFL.

Your bogus stat has more to do with the organization than the player. Josh Rosen is garbage. He was garbage in college too. He’s got 2 years of being garbage in the NFL. He’s weak armed and can’t process the game fast enough in two years...what’s the point of highlighting how much younger he is if he’s trash?

Joe Burrow played top competition and made NFL level reads and throws all year. Did you miss the game last night? Burrow is by far a better prospect than Eli coming out, same for rivers. I’d also say the same thing about pre wheel chair Tua.

Back
Top Bottom