• Charles Cross OT MSU

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Nakobe Dean MLB Georgia

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Matt Corral QB Ole Miss

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking the same. Hopefully we do pick him in the 2nd round. With our luck we’ll pull a Javonte Williams again. Let a team jump us for him.
I'll have to start looking at the running backs. From my understanding, it's not as strong as the last couple of years.

Who do you like besides Hall?

I don't care about a Chris Grier.

But Charles Cross is excellent. Give me that and let's start to fix this decades-long mess on the OL.

Cross is the most natural looking left tackle of any on my list - feet, agility and athleticism are simply a few notches above everybody else. If he has a weakness it’s his anchor vs true next level power. But he has so much upside at this point because he’s only a RS Sophomore.

He has that Tunsil look to him at the same point in his career where he just makes it look easy because he’s so smooth and gifted athletically.

Sean Rhyan is really impressive but a little bit in the other direction. His base and ability to just absorb power is outstanding. Strong. Check him out against Kayvon Thibodeaux a few weeks ago. Good player.

Cross is more of a technician than a big puncher but his hand placement and arm extension are superb, and his hands are like vice grips. Again, I like those out-boxers over the in-fighters (e.g. Ekwonu).

His feet are so active and responsive, he makes mirroring laterally look easy. But he also uses those feet to change his center of gravity which helps him drop anchor.

He made DeMarvin Leal look like a nobody. And then he went and took care of Josh Paschall too.

I usually hate the argument that so-and-so will get a lot better when they pack on some weight and get into an NFL program, but the guy isn't going to stay 290 lbs. and I haven't seen issue with his anchor yet. If anything the issue I saw in the A&M game was with Tyree Johnson's and Michael Clemons's speed. Which is a little odd since feet are such a big strength for Cross, and you can see his athleticism on zone plays.

Anyway, I'll take him.

I'll have to start looking at the running backs. From my understanding, it's not as strong as the last couple of years.

Who do you like besides Hall?
The Running back from Baylor Abram Smith, Tyler Badie but I think he’s too small, and Kennedy brooks from Oklahoma (pure runner though). Breece Hall can run n catch though.

I ain’ sure drafting any of those young tackles fixes anything for Miami with that group of coaches they have. I don’t believe young offensive players can develop there.

They’ll probably have to hope they can wave enough money in front of a few veterans in free agency to coax them into playing down there. That probably won’t be as easy as they think either.

No Isaiah Spiller? Are we skipping RB again this year? There is a steep drop off after Spiller, imo.
Id be shocked if Cross falls to us. He is massive, violent, physical and lean. His inexperience could see him drop a little but Tackles with his skill set get drafted top ten. Depends how the rest of the season goes for him.
I don't think we go QB until 2023 if Tua struggles.

I'd like to see Nakobe Dean (my vote) fall to us but doubtful. Most of the guys on this list probably go top 15. Our projected pick is 20ish. It can happen but doubtful. Weird so many went Center when that's the only stable position on our line

Last edited:
I voted Linderbaum, but I haven't had the chance to give Cross a close look. Passing on Humphrey in the 2nd was painful, and having to draft a Center Top 15, because you passed, is doubly so, but his talent + Miami's dire need makes is what it is.

Love Burks, Wilson, and Bell, but the OL is just too bad. To Slimm's point, without new offensive coaches, I don't think it will matter.

Back
Top Bottom