Fitz is fun to watch but its time for Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitz is fun to watch but its time for Tua

I’m not saying anything negative about Ryan Fitzpatrick I love to watch him play he makes watching dolphins football fun again. That being said this team it’s not winning a Super Bowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick. My biggest fear with pudding Tua in early in the season what is the play of the offensive line. Through three games the line has proven they are adequate and can provide pass protection. Now that we know they can play and not get the quarterback killed it’s time to bring in the future. TUA we have a couple extra days to prepare for Seattle now is the time to make the move

Go Dolphins

We're not winning the super bowl this year regardless...Tua can maybe get the start week 12 against the Jets after the bye week...no chance before then

I’m not saying anything negative about Ryan Fitzpatrick I love to watch him play he makes watching dolphins football fun again. That being said this team it’s not winning a Super Bowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick. My biggest fear with pudding Tua in early in the season what is the play of the offensive line. Through three games the line has proven they are adequate and can provide pass protection. Now that we know they can play and not get the quarterback killed it’s time to bring in the future. TUA we have a couple extra days to prepare for Seattle now is the time to make the move

Go Dolphins
Lol, the guy scores a combined 59 pts in the last 2 games and you want to put in a rookie qb....wow!

Just curious if anybody has a take on this ...

Aren't the skill positions still in a learning phase?

Will the offense be very different when Tua plays?

I think it's smart to let the team come together (not just the o-line) especially because the team has been, at least, competitive ... giving these routes reps to improve should go a long way when Tua comes in with another level of speed and accuracy ... without TC and pre-season on a team that replaced a few pieces it seems like the smart move ... get the consistency/continuity down to an acceptable level of play and give Tua some reps with the #1's in practice ...

BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND

we should run the wildcat with Tua next time we play the Cheatriots as his introduction to the NFL

Lol, the guy scores a combined 59 pts in the last 2 games and you want to put in a rookie qb....wow!
Pulling Fitz at this point would undermine Coach Flo's rhetoric that we play the best player, period. It would be clear favoritism and send a message to the rest of the team that the administration wants to tank the season and rebuild ... they have given up.

Give it some time. The Fitzmagic is not a dependable thing ... it comes and goes. There will be a good point when Fitz is not performing well and everyone will be more open to bringing in Tua and more patience with his rookie mistakes. But coming off our only win and a game where we blitzed them offensively then tried to hang on and milk the entire second half in a game we probably could have scored 50 if we had kept our foot on the pedal ... seems like a bad time to call for yanking our leader and offensive fulcrum.

Fitz will have bad games ... he always does. Maybe after one or two of those might be a better time for the rookie to take his lumps and still have the full support of his teammates.

Dead man walking at QB.

Everyone said that we have to wait to see how the line plays first, as we do not want to get Tua killed.

Well….the o-line is doing a great job at pass pro…Fitz has all day to throw. Jackson at LT has surprised me -he looks like a veteran out there.

We aren't making the playoffs this year so put Tua in.

Time for Flores to pull a Shula and let our rookie play. Hey, it worked for Marino!
I don't recall the HC Flores saying that.

I hear what you're saying but I just cannot see them doing that after a win like that yesterday. There's a love the players have for this guy (deserved) and you don't want to mess with the energy he brings to everyone at this early stage of things. I feel Fitz plays the whole year, until Miami is clearly out of playoff contention. I'm not 100% in on a team "owing" a player anything but I'm going to make an exception for Fitz. He took a beating last year and did it with a smile. Now he has a competent O-Line and he should get to play behind it. He's had a rough month or so personally and he delivered last night. You cannot do that to him.

I think the organization treating Fitz with that kind of respect also trickles down to the other players who recognize what the team is doing and will galvanize the group even further. Tua's time is coming, be patient. The O-Line should get even better with experience playing together and it's been a while that we can actually say the O-Line is "good" let alone likely to get better.
Agree with everything you said, plus something else that some seem to disagree with:

Playing Tua now as opposed to later gains us nothing. Nothing. You've seen it happen for Rodgers and Mahomes after sitting out a year or two. You've seen young QBs thrown into the wolves and never get their confidence back. The evidence is as crystal clear as can be.

I'll say it again: NOTHING.

What’s the point in Rushing Tua. I don’t think it has anything to do with Tua lack of understanding the playbook or even being behind. They went into this season not knowing how the online would play, were 3 weeks in and the online is fine and Fitz has played well except week 1. And look what happend after week 1, they took Tua off the injury report. Tua is close but not while we’re winning and Fitz is playing well.

Unless it's a highly skilled veteran coming back from injury, here's a list of teams that bench their starting QB after a win:

we aren't winning a super bowl this year no matter who is playing QB. Tua has a great mentor and leader to learn from plus he's coming off a major injury. What's the rush?! Let him do this the right way. Fitz will give us a fighting chance in the meantime
We aren’t winning a superbowl this year no matter the qb because the defense is weak. The team as a whole is not yet ready to compete for a championship

Back
Top Bottom