Fitzmagic Talks Tua | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzmagic Talks Tua

not quite true, stats in that game show Tua's intermediate passes were definitely more accurate and much higher completion in that game that last year. Something he needed to improve upon. Will need to see more of that, but some improvement there already
Let me rephrase. He is still struggling to maxmize on plays that require him to throw downfield. The commentary during the game highlighted it a few times during the game and some of the fan base felt the announcer was biased towards Tua. Most and myself included felt the offense should have put up more points. I hope today is different story but our oline is banged up as well.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase. He is still struggling to maxmize on plays that require him to throw downfield. The commentary during the game highlighted it a few times during the game and some of the fan base felt the announcer was biased towards Tua. Most and myself included felt the offense should have put up more points. I hope today is different story but our oline is banged up as well.
So what say you after today?

So what say you after today?

Fitz should probably never talk Tua ever again. I like Fitz but they're not even in the same league.

Damn, Fitz isn't even an NFL QB anymore.

Fitz owes an apology after today. He looks like a clown.
To be fair, Fitzpatrick made his comments prior to the second half of today's game. Just because Tua had an amazing second half of a game, it doesn't invalidate Fitz's comments about his play prior.

To be fair, Fitzpatrick made his comments prior to the second half of today's game. Just because Tua had an amazing second half of a game, it doesn't invalidate Fitz's comments about his play prior.
Honestly I didn’t take fitz take as a shot. It didn’t mean he didn’t think tua couldn’t be elite, he’s just not there and more work needed to get there. Today was a good start to taking next step. Still more to continue but definitely something to build off of

Hey Fitztragic...

AcidicLoneFoxterrier-max-1mb.gif

I don't want to get into the whole comparing Herbert to Tua thing. But Fitz does name check him in this one. If anyone had paid attention to Herbert in college, none of the wow plays should have surprised you. The frequency they've occurred and the numbers he's put up have been a little surprising but something he was perfectly capable of with a decent aggresive/offensive minded coach. What I think we've not seen from Herbert and again it's not something if you watched him in college that you will be surprised with, is the development to cut out the brain farts. We saw that again with his pick six late on last week. In Herbert I see a supremely talented QB with all the tools you want but I've yet to see the consistent winner that eluded him in college. Until I see that I have a hard time calling him great like Fitz does in this piece.

Fitz should probably never talk Tua ever again. I like Fitz but they're not even in the same league.

Damn, Fitz isn't even an NFL QB anymore.
Fitz is still bitter that they decided to replace him with Tua in 2020. I remember him saying during the 2020 preseason that he was impressed with Tua and that Tua could make some throws he couldn’t make.

After he was replaced by Tua, he never really supported Tua and after the season both Fitzpatrick and his hand picked OC, Chan Gailey did nothing but whine about Tua replacing Fitzpatrick. I lost a lot of respect for Fitzpatrick after all his whining.

Fitz is still bitter that they decided to replace him with Tua in 2020. I remember him saying during the 2020 preseason that he was impressed with Tua and that Tua could make some throws he couldn’t make.

After he was replaced by Tua, he never really supported Tua and after the season both Fitzpatrick and his hand picked OC, Chan Gailey did nothing but whine about Tua replacing Fitzpatrick. I lost a lot of respect for Fitzpatrick after all his whining.
Nothing against Tua, that was the worst decision for all parties involved. Flores replaced the QB when the team was starting to put things together, and it was obvious after a few games that he wasn't the team's best chance to win at that point. The entire narrative of that Dolphins 2020 season was that the team was in playoff contention and the offense couldn't get anything going under Tua. That's a BS thing for a rookie QB to have to deal with, and that's a pretty rough thing for a veteran QB to see a fighting team being helmed by a QB he had every right to feel he was better than. The only reason people thought Flores was a competent coach in the first plays was because Fitz basically drew up an offense in the dirt to compensate for the the complete lack of anything in 2019, and played well just throwing balls up for grabs. His career ended week one of the very next season - he was right, it was his last chance.

It's pretty much part of head coach 101 that you don't handle young Qb's like Flores did. Years and years of compiled wisdom about the right and wrong way to do things, and he dove headlong into the wrong way to do things for all parties involved.

Nothing against Tua, that was the worst decision for all parties involved. Flores replaced the QB when the team was starting to put things together, and it was obvious after a few games that he wasn't the team's best chance to win at that point. The entire narrative of that Dolphins 2020 season was that the team was in playoff contention and the offense couldn't get anything going under Tua. That's a BS thing for a rookie QB to have to deal with, and that's a pretty rough thing for a veteran QB to see a fighting team being helmed by a QB he had every right to feel he was better than. The only reason people thought Flores was a competent coach in the first plays was because Fitz basically drew up an offense in the dirt to compensate for the the complete lack of anything in 2019, and played well just throwing balls up for grabs. His career ended week one of the very next season - he was right, it was his last chance.

It's pretty much part of head coach 101 that you don't handle young Qb's like Flores did. Years and years of compiled wisdom about the right and wrong way to do things, and he dove headlong into the wrong way to do things for all parties involved.
I won’t disagree that it was a bad decision because I thought that Tua should have sat out the entire season simply because he was coming off a major injury.

Yet it wasn’t Tua’s fault that they decided to bench Fitz and put him in. He wasn’t complaining about not playing. The decision was made to start Tua and Fitzpatrick knew when he came to Miami that he was only going to start until the rookie they drafted was ready to start.

Fitzpatrick plays well in some games that season but he also played lousy in some other games. His long history in the NFL clearly showed that he was not a QB who could lead a team to a playoff berth. So while I didn’t want Tua to play in his rookie season because I wanted him to sit and let his hip injury fully heal. I don’t believe the Dolphins would have won anymore games in 2020 with Fitzpatrick at QB than they did with Tua as their QB.

I just don’t like how Fitzpatrick seem to blame Tua for replacing him when it wasn’t Tua’s decision but someone else’s decision.

Back
Top Bottom