Fitzmagic Talks Tua | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzmagic Talks Tua

I won’t disagree that it was a bad decision because I thought that Tua should have sat out the entire season simply because he was coming off a major injury.

Yet it wasn’t Tua’s fault that they decided to bench Fitz and put him in. He wasn’t complaining about not playing. The decision was made to start Tua and Fitzpatrick knew when he came to Miami that he was only going to start until the rookie they drafted was ready to start.

Fitzpatrick plays well in some games that season but he also played lousy in some other games. His long history in the NFL clearly showed that he was not a QB who could lead a team to a playoff berth. So while I didn’t want Tua to play in his rookie season because I wanted him to sit and let his hip injury fully heal. I don’t believe the Dolphins would have won anymore games in 2020 with Fitzpatrick at QB than they did with Tua as their QB.

I just don’t like how Fitzpatrick seem to blame Tua for replacing him when it wasn’t Tua’s decision but someone else’s decision.
I see fans saying Fitz blame's Tua for his benching, I haven't seen that anywhere else. No, I don't think that anybody including Fitz knew that was going to be the game plan, seeing as it's well known that Gailey was brought back from retirement with the expectation that he'd be commanding an offense helmed by Fitz, and wasn't expected to be working with Tua that year. That's pretty much fact that the Tua thing was sprung on him unexpectedly. I don't know why we would expect Fitz to think any different.

Fitz, Gailey, and most other people involved had no reason to expect the QB change when it happened. Even if Fitz knew the team was eventually going young, the timing of the switch was stupid.

When taking as a whole, the decisions of Flores regarding the QB position border on supreme incompetence, or as is being commonly discussed - pretty much sabotage since he never believed in the young QB's he was given and wanted to prove they couldn't play so he could bring someone else. Because we all know he was a QB whisperer.

Sabotage of Tua is the only way I can think of that in the second to last week of the year, in a practical playoff game, you go on the road into freezing rain and wind, the most difficult conditions to play in (far more difficult than straight up snow, and pass the ball 65-75 percent of the time, despite having a running game that had been highly productive under Duke Johnson for going on a month. That will only ever be how that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom