Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

Absolutely, but Trubisky flashed in his second season and they owed it to themselves to give it another year. It was after his third season when he showed a clear regression is when they should have moved off him, but they handcuffed themselves with the bad Mack trade. Besides it's apples and oranges with the Tua situation. Tua was a better prospect coming into the NFL and it's only been four freaking games on a team deficient of talent at just about every position on offense.

the bears had the flags after year two but teams don’t give up on that level physical tools without exhausting additional time/resources very often.

the bears had the flags after year two but teams don’t give up on that level physical tools without exhausting additional time/resources very often.
That is true.

Its almost impossible to prove, as all situations are different, but my guess would be it doesn't work out most of the time. They either end up as backups for a few seasons before fading away, or teams hang on far beyond good sense like with Stafford, though much of the Lions debacles go far beyond the QB.

Flores has done fine with his picks outside Weaver this year. Ted Slimm did not want Tua to start this year also. So between the 2 I am fine with this move. If Tua was healthy and not hurt last year I would agree with Hoops and say let it roll.

Just seen this posted a question on his status in the other thread. Honestly the excitement for Sunday just left me, nothing against Fitz and I certainly still hope we win and of course Fitz plays well but watching the progression (or not in the Broncos game) of Tua is my main appeal for this season, a season where we will at best be a 6th or 7th seed and likely 1 and out.
Here it is...

I sent this silly post to Ripley's Believe it or Not and they emailed me back..."I don't Believe It!"

Geordie is on iggy because I don't want to hear him saying how things would be different with Tua in there.

Are there anymore Tua fans that I should know about so they to can root for Tua without me seeing it?

I need names.

You people don't seem to get it. I know what the big problem is. Tua's initials are TT..........there's never been a QB that won the SB with the same initials. That's the problem right there. Over 50 SB's and the winning QB never had the same initials for his first and last name and yet our FO didn't consider that. Flores realized that at last on Sunday and that's why he took him out of the game. Tua will never play another game for us now and we will draft another QB with different initials. All problems will be over then.

You people don't seem to get it. I know what the big problem is. Tua's initials are TT..........there's never been a QB that won the SB with the same initials. That's the problem right there. Over 50 SB's and the winning QB never had the same initials for his first and last name and yet our FO didn't consider that. Flores realized that at last on Sunday and that's why he took him out of the game. Tua will never play another game for us now and we will draft another QB with different initials. All problems will be over then.
I lnow precicely how to deal with this catastrophe.

You have to embroider "TT" on that nasty stinking T shirt, but here's the important part.

You MUST, and there really is no alternative here, do so with the damn lights OFF.

Just to be safe, flip the breaker so the wife doesn't come along and inadvertently throw a monkey in the wrench yet again.

I lnow precicely how to deal with this catastrophe.

You have to embroider "TT" on that nasty stinking T shirt, but here's the important part.

You MUST, and there really is no alternative here, do so with the damn lights OFF.

Just to be safe, flip the breaker so the wife doesn't come along and inadvertently throw a monkey in the wrench yet again.
I remember when I made my first Black Flag t-shirt with a shopping bag cut out and spray paint... I wore it to the gig too.

Then I won in the pit.

I like the way he thinks.

I would also say Flo is clearly a better coach than Nagy, and Fox wasn't there after his first year.
I wouldn't necessarily say that about Nagy. I think he is a great offensive mind. He is just so hamstrung by their QB situation.

This isnt/wasnt the only reason Danny. If you were to research all of the Superbowl winning QB's none of them had more than 3 vowels in their first name. In fact none of them had more than 2 vowels except for Aaron Rodgers and he only won the superbowl once so obviously that was an anomaly.

So why is this an issue you might ask when Tua only has 2 vowels in it? Well that cat was let out of the bag last week and Flo and company found out that Tuas full first name is Tuanigamanuolepola which has a whopping 10 vowels in it.

Upon hearing this news and the organization realizing that was over 3 times as many as any other SB champion they immediately decided it was time to cut ties with the rookie QB who has only played in 4 games. Shame on them for not doing their due diligence in this area prior to the draft.

Last edited:
I wouldn't necessarily say that about Nagy. I think he is a great offensive mind. He is just so hamstrung by their QB situation.
Fair enough. I was thinking more in terms of having a disciplined team, that doesn't make a lot of mental errors, and is able to take a talent challenged roster, develop players and put guys in position to succeed.

Obviously we are only a year and a half in, so the story is not complete.

This isnt/wasnt the only reason Danny. If you were to research all of the Superbowl winning QB's none of them had more than 3 vowels in their first name. In fact none of them had more than 2 vowels except for Aaron Rodgers and he only won the superbowl once so obviously that was an anomaly. So why is this an issue you might ask when Tua only has 2 vowels in it? Well that cat was let out of the bag last week and Flo and company found out that Tuas full first name is Tuanigamanuolepola which has a whopping 10 vowels in it. Upon hearing this news and the organization realizing that was over 3 times as many as any other SB champion they immediately decided it was time to cut ties with the rookie QB who has only played in 4 games. Shame on them for not doing their due diligence in this area prior to the draft.
Shame on them for drafting a QB with such a name. I'd take me long after he's done playing to learn how to spell/pronounce that name anyway. No doubt in my mind now, we must cut him right away and draft a QB with a shorter name.

This flip flopping between QBs reminds me last season with Fitz and Rosen. I will be very concerned about Tua's future if Fitz remains the starter this season. Are we just going to continue to resign Fitz and continue him as the starter until he calls it quits? I understand Tua is allegedly "injured" But what happens if Fitz has a Fitzmagic type game this week? Flores will probably just continue to roll with Fitzpatrick. This team is ready to compete especially in 2021 and beyond, we should be getting Tua ready for it. If Tua doesn't play anymore this season then 2021 is yet more of learning curve for Tua. Rookies make mistakes but Flores has to let him take his lumps and stop trying to protect Tua and open up the offense more. Fitzpatrick isn't leading us to a Super Bowl, it just seems short sighted of a Flores if he continues to start Fitzpatrick.

This isnt/wasnt the only reason Danny. If you were to research all of the Superbowl winning QB's none of them had more than 3 vowels in their first name. In fact none of them had more than 2 vowels except for Aaron Rodgers and he only won the superbowl once so obviously that was an anomaly. So why is this an issue you might ask when Tua only has 2 vowels in it? Well that cat was let out of the bag last week and Flo and company found out that Tuas full first name is Tuanigamanuolepola which has a whopping 10 vowels in it. Upon hearing this news and the organization realizing that was over 3 times as many as any other SB champion they immediately decided it was time to cut ties with the rookie QB who has only played in 4 games. Shame on them for not doing their due diligence in this area prior to the draft.
Did you take into account the "sometimes Y" disclaimer?

Asking for a "friend".......

Back
Top Bottom