Fitzpatrick talking to the Cowboys | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick talking to the Cowboys

I agree with @djphinfan , we invested the #11 overall pick for a guy with a great work ethic, good ball skills, pretty good coverage skills, excellent athletics, durability, leadership potential, solid citizen … he's a foundational type of player. I'm not going to give up on him in year 2 for a late 1st rounder.

If we're trading him to Dallas, that requires multiple picks, like a 1st in 2020 and a 2nd in 2021... and I don't think the Cowboys would do that. For obvious reasons, I just don't see us trading Minkah Fitzpatrick. He seems worth more to us than any other team.

This thread is the worst thing since mine.

I agree with @djphinfan , we invested the #11 overall pick for a guy with a great work ethic, good ball skills, pretty good coverage skills, excellent athletics, durability, leadership potential, solid citizen … he's a foundational type of player. I'm not going to give up on him in year 2 for a late 1st rounder.

If we're trading him to Dallas, that requires multiple picks, like a 1st in 2020 and a 2nd in 2021... and I don't think the Cowboys would do that. For obvious reasons, I just don't see us trading Minkah Fitzpatrick. He seems worth more to us than any other team.
I would take those multiple picks in a heart beat

His price tag should be high. And his contract makes him more valuable to this franchise in the next few years. Meaning, it would take a haul to move him.

Has anyone heard that Fitzpatrick is talking to the Cowboys? He’s obviously not going to take over from Prescott but he would be a solid back up. More experienced than Cooper Rush. The way things are going if they offer us a six pack and a pizza I’m guessing we would take it.

I can tell this is your first rodeo!

Just don’t sell low Miami. I guarantee if you offer them a second round pick the boys are all over it.

I don't love the idea of moving him, and I suspect the Fins don't either. That's why it would need it to be a 2020 1st and 2nd from the cowboys, minimum. Do they have a Free Safety or Lineman we'd want to add to that exchange?

Unless it's a very good deal I wouldn’t trade Fitzpatrick. He’s not being a team player so why would I accommodate him? Besides, he might come to like the role Flores has designed for him because in the end he will be more versatile and a better all around football player.

Back
Top Bottom