Fitzpatrick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

What great performance, best performance from a Dolphin QB I've seen in quite some time

was 27 for 39 - 365 yards 3 TD's 1 Int that wasn't his fault, looked more like PI than incidental contact, how does a receiver get knocked to the ground and there not be a flag?

was sacked 3 times - god only knows how many times he was hit, under extreme duress all game, time to throw was at an extreme minimum, if you had a stop watch I doubt any QB in any game had less time to make a decision and get rid of the ball.

No running game to speak of

Was a great offensive game called by Chad O'Shea, with all the limits he was given.

Parker and Gelsicki came up with great games. Parker 7 rec 159 yard 2 TD - Gelsicki 5 rec 79 yards
Albert Wilson starting to show up 5 rec 32 ran 2 times for 32 yards - Laird had 4 rec for 43 he didn't have great day running 10 times for 5 yards, really not his fault the offensive line just flat bad.
Gaskin had 2 carries 20 yards, he needs to be more involved in the game plan

Defensive secondary is starting to make it hard on opposing QB even though I D-line gives them all day to throw.

Offensive line, top shelf receiver in draft, 1 RB high and buy a very good one in FA, a little pass rush - use the 2021 extra 1st to move up a 2nd or 3rd
Spend that FA money extremely wisely
Starting to half believe if they were to draft and run FA with the idea of Fitzpatrick starting next year, dare I say playoffs?
I know it's not what every one wants but it's looking like it's a possibility.
1) he's doing what's he's doing with no arm strength to speak of.

2) Gelsicki

This coaching staff is amazing. Imagine if this team had an good OLine! IMO we need to address OLINE first, CB, Edge DLine, and RB (prolly get Swift late in first). Love to use the money on two younger OLinemen free agents and still draft some. That unit is priority one! Not sexy...but needed. Even if the draft picks do not fall where we all want them, it can still work out very well. Worst case senario for draft picks: 9th pick A.J. Epenesa DE, Tristan Wirfs, OT, Kristian Fulton, CB. 21st pick Tyler Biadasz, G or Creed Humphrey, G, 27. D’Andre Swift, RB or Jonathan Taylor, RB or another OL. I would be more than happy with that first round.

Last edited:
This is the trade off that was argued about when he was signed, especially with those who insisted that we go 'go with Fales and Falk to see what we have'...sure he might win more games than the tank was designed for but without him slinging it around willy nilly would Parker, Williams and Gesicki have had the same chance to develop and show what they have? Without Fitz's leadership and infectious enthusiasm Parker and Gesicki may have just coasted through another year and fallen out of contention. It sucks that Rosen hasn't had a great opportunity to show what he has but it's an understandable decision to stick with Fitz.

Fitzpatrick has been playing incredibly well this season after Rosen was benched. If Fitzpatrick was a rookie QB or a 2nd year player, everyone would be going nuts over him. I think he is very underrated player and fans on here don't give him enough credit. Imagine Tannehill on this team.....And let that sink in.. . . That's how impressive Fitzpatrick has been.

Back
Top Bottom