Flacco To The Phins 2019 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flacco To The Phins 2019

Hmm if we cut tanny I think this is possible.

Not sure what the cap implications are with Flacco

Do you remember the moves they made at QB? And the moves they didn't make at QB?
Do you remember the coach got fired for supposedly tanking the season. Come on dude you’re not making any sense.

That's not how tanking works. You're right. Professionals are not going to tank. Take what the Colts did as an example. The roster decisions they made and who started at QB. That was a blatant tank.

Correct. Teams can dump a wide range of talent for draft picks, BUT, during the season they try to win with what they have. There's NO tanking during the season.

Flacco and John Harbaugh package in 2019? I'd take it, then grab the future QB in 2020 draft.

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't see it. Players are trying hard.

Of course they are. They are risking their livelihoods and, short of a superstar, would never get another job in the NFL if they tanked along with their coach.

But it's pretty clear their coach, FO, and owner have cut the legs out from under this years (and likely next years too) team in order to build for a splashy arrival in Vegas.

How many of the really good quarterbacks were even top 10 picks that are in the league right now? It's been proven time and time again that drafting quarterbacks early or top 10 doesn't matter. There's no guarantees, no matter how much somebody wants to think of their is. I just don't see tanking a season guaranteeing us anything.

Not sure what doesn't make sense. I asked if you remember the moves. Either you do or you don't.
Yes I remember the moves, but that has nothing to do with tanking a season like you believe.That’s just plain idiotic thinking. so no you’re not making ****ing sense.

Correct. Teams can dump a wide range of talent for draft picks, BUT, during the season they try to win with what they have. There's NO tanking during the season.

My memory is fuzzy, so I don't remember all the details. It was talked about a lot in 2011 though. A lot of speculation that much better options were available at QB, yet they still chose to go with Curtis Painter who was playing horribly. There were other things personnel wise that was done besides that. I'd have to do more digging to get more info, but I found this:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/1...-columnist-jumps-on-the-fire-polian-bandwagon

Here's Caldwell on Wednesday, explaining the Painter decision:

"Curtis hasn't played a lot of football for us; I think he's got to be given a good, clear opportunity," Caldwell said. "There are a lot of things that happen during the course of a game that haven't always been his fault. I need to do a better job of helping him do what he does . . . and get it a little more tailored to his strengths. I didn't feel he's had a good opportunity to do that yet. . . . He's developing."

Kravitz had a pretty funny, and devastating, retort to Caldwell's nonsense:

Do we look that stupid?

That is a direct insult to the intelligence of every person who has watched a single down of Colts football this season.

He's developing.

Right. And Cairo is one heck of a tourist destination right now.

In fairness, Painter played well enough in his first two starts, throwing for 281 yards against Tampa Bay and 277 against Kansas City. Since then, though, he has been abjectly awful.

He has had quarterback ratings of 79.0, 38.1, 50.6, 41.9 and 40.1, throwing one touchdown pass and seven interceptions.

His team's offense, which ranks 30th in the league in points, 31st in total offense and 30th in net passing yards per game, has scored 17, seven, 10, seven and three points during that span.

Of course they are. They are risking their livelihoods and, short of a superstar, would never get another job in the NFL if they tanked along with their coach.

But it's pretty clear their coach, FO, and owner have cut the legs out from under this years (and likely next years too) team in order to build for a splashy arrival in Vegas.

We agree. before the season, the "coach, FO, and owner have cut the legs out from under" the team. even during the season, they've traded players. But, on game day, no attempt to tank.

Back
Top Bottom