Flavor of the day

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
30
Age
55
Location
South Florida
So one day I log on and all I see are threads that we are going to take Brown.

The next day we are going to take Alex Smith

The next day we are going to take Mike Williams

The next day Aaron Rodgers

The next day trade w/ Tampa is iminent

The next trade with Minny is imment

Today we are trading with the Skins or Edwards is the pick.

Why do I feel like Saban is the Pied Piper and the media and fans are the rats dancing behind him?

I wonder what tomorrows flavor will be?
 

DiepatriotsDie

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
854
Reaction score
15
Location
LA
Well thank God tomorrow's flavor is the last one. Unless you count all the "should have drafted" flavors that are coming this way.
 

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
30
Age
55
Location
South Florida
You have to give Slick Nick props. I have never seen a more baffled public over a draft pick. I mean usually the top 5 or so everyone has a good idea who will be selected. But no one had a clue in the world what we will do. I mean no clue at all.
 

KyPhinfan13

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
456
Reaction score
0
Age
41
fin-atic said:
You have to give Slick Nick props. I have never seen a more baffled public over a draft pick. I mean usually the top 5 or so everyone has a good idea who will be selected. But no one had a clue in the world what we will do. I mean no clue at all.

All that he's doing is not talking about it. It's a very simple concept. In fact the only thing he's said is that he'd like to trade down and that we shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take a RB if they stay at 2. Plus, the fact that there are no "top 5" guys in this draft. All the talent is jumbled together.
 

KB21

Finheaven VIP
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,049
Reaction score
59
The only thing that matters is what the flavor of Saturday will be, and IMO, that will be Ronnie Brown unless the team does trade down.
 

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
30
Age
55
Location
South Florida
Well he has done more than that. He has mentioned various players over the last couple of days. Smith, Rodgers, etc. I believe to create activity to try and trade down. Now if I really wanted to go on a limb, I would say he has also allowed his people to leak the other names we are hearing like Edwards, Williams, Brown, etc. to generate activity and to blow smoke screens.

Last year we had a better idea of who we were going to pick then this year. Saban is either a master manipulator or a master of secrecy. Either way you have to give him credit.
 

FIN-IN-RI

Hammered
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
13,052
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
KyPhinfan13 said:
All that he's doing is not talking about it. It's a very simple concept. In fact the only thing he's said is that he'd like to trade down and that we shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take a RB if they stay at 2. Plus, the fact that there are no "top 5" guys in this draft. All the talent is jumbled together.
I agree. He's doing what is expected not anything extraordinary.
 

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
30
Age
55
Location
South Florida
KB21 said:
The only thing that matters is what the flavor of Saturday will be, and IMO, that will be Ronnie Brown unless the team does trade down.
I don't disagree with this. Brown is very likely. Do you feel the same way if Smith does not go to SF at #1?
 

AZfinfan

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Phoenix
there are plenty of top 5 picks in this draft. Two years from now teams will be wishing they had selected some of the players in this draft. Who are they, I don't know, but it happens every year. My opinion is Mike Williams will be the best player to come from this draft. As far as the qb's go, when you put the right guy on the right team you have a winner. We will all see in due time, but trust me there is plenty of talent in this years draft.
 

KB21

Finheaven VIP
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,049
Reaction score
59
fin-atic said:
I don't disagree with this. Brown is very likely. Do you feel the same way if Smith does not go to SF at #1?
I think Alex Smith is probably the only player Nick will take over Ronnie Brown.
 

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
30
Age
55
Location
South Florida
FiN.in.RI said:
I agree. He's doing what is expected not anything extraordinary.
Can you remember a time when we knew less about who we would pick?

Can you remember a time when the media knew less about who the #2 team would pick?

I disagree, I think he has everyone guessing. And that is very extraordinary considering we have the number 2 pick.
 

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
21,735
Reaction score
3
Age
43
Location
Southside Virginia
fin-atic said:
Why do I feel like Saban is the Pied Piper and the media and fans are the rats dancing behind him?
It's because that's the way things work now that Nick is in town. As long as he keeps playing the sweet music, I'll be one rat who keeps dancing.
 
Top Bottom