Flores Can't Figure Out Buffalo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Can't Figure Out Buffalo

Flo us a big part of the problem. Great guy, really good motivator, good DC, average strategist, awful coaching personnel and player talent evaluator. Of that list the last two simply cannot be where they’re at. They just can’t

The first series showed how McDermott / Frazier scheme their defense for the opponent. It's not a coincidence that Buffalo had 2 sacks from unblocked defensive backs sent on blitzes in the 1st three plays. They saw something the Dolphins offense put on tape.

Buffalo identified a problem with the defensive front 4 and spent their 1st two picks on pass rushers and one of them had 2 sacks (Rousseau) and consistently blew up the Dolphins line today. He also looked decent last week. Their 2nd round pick from last year who owned Jackson in college also has looked good.

They also didn't like their offensive line and drafted two boom or bust monsters.. guess what? They didn't play a snap. Like I said in another thread, you draft lineman BEFORE you have to count on them.

Meanwhile, Chris Grier trades away a great tackle (for good return), but then basically wastes those picks. Flores defense has a secondary that is deep. Might be nice if some of those guys played in the front 4 though or offense. THis team is build haphazardly without a flow for the future and that is Grier. This team is going to be 3rd or 4th fiddle with him in charge.

Last edited:
Granted, we had our *** handed to us in all phases but the players shot themselves in the foot first and foremost. Missed passes, drops both on offense and defense, penalties etc. it could have easily been 14-14 at half but nobody could make a play. X could have had 2 more int’s, waddle had drops, oline, all of them sucked and the list goes on.

Josh Had a 75 rating, we beat ourselves, unacceptable and they are in our heads. We have to correct that otherwise it’s going to be a long decade. My biggest concern now is a number one, I’m beginning to think he cannot stay healthy and I really want him to work out but I’m starting to think otherwise which makes me really on edge.
Yup, I agree. The D actually held up well after a bad start. That’s simply the worst o-line in football and you cannot compound that with comedic errors.

Other than Brady every so often, Miami is almost always losing to the top QBs, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Manning etc, it's usually because of like you said the schemes they use suck vs these kinds of QBs.
I will say that Miami has lost many a game in the past where our defense just had poor personnel, like the year that we brought in like 6 defensive lineman (including signing Suh and drafting "best player available" Jordan Phillips in the second round) yet we were legitimately starting UDFAs at linebacker much of the year since we didn't sign or pickup ANYONE at that position.

I don't think we necessarily have a stud blue chip pass rusher, but other than that Flores has had more defensive talent cycle through here in the last few years than most Dolphins staffs could have dreamed of, and that we've discarded a fair amount of those players by choice doesn't really change that. So Flores has had far more chance to put together a team that could dominate on defense versus a good opponent, and yet they have yet to elevate their game to really shut down a good opponent.

I felt the scheme on D was sound, they did a good job of containing Allen. The problem was that our offense was SO inept that it continually put the D in bad situations.

Buffalo is too good to shut down completely, but I feel if the offense could have had more conversions and scores, we would have been in a better spot.

The catastrophe that we call an offense is another story completely and changes need to be made.

The first series showed how McDermott / Frazier scheme their defense for the opponent. It's not a coincidence that Buffalo had 2 sacks from unblocked defensive backs sent on blitzes in the 1st three plays. They saw something the Dolphins offense put on tape.

Buffalo identified a problem with the defensive front 4 and spent their 1st two picks on pass rushers and one of them had 2 sacks (Rousseau) and consistently blew up the Dolphins line today. He also looked decent last week. Their 2nd round pick from last year who owned Jackson in college also has looked good.

They also didn't like their offensive line and drafted two boom or bust monsters.. guess what? They didn't play a snap. Like I said in another thread, you draft lineman BEFORE you have to count on them.

Meanwhile, Chris Grier trades away a great tackle (for good return), but then basically wastes those picks. Flores defense has a secondary that is deep. Might be nice if some of those guys played in the front 4 though or offense. THis team is build haphazardly without a flow for the future and that is Grier. This team is going to be 3rd or 4th fiddle with him in charge.
This is a really solid post. Well done.

Agreed. This team is not built to beat Buffalo, Pittsburgh, KC, and NE.
They are strong in the trenches.
I dont know the answer why our linemen play soft.
Our Oline is young and inexperience.

Lost the last 2 games to Buffalo by a combined score of 91-26. To make the playoffs you get blasted by 30, in the home opener to get a 2 game lead for the division and you get drubbed and shutout by 35. And a lot of these games Buffalo is getting out to huge leads before Miami even knows what hit them. Teams need to build their team to beat the top teams in your division, and Miami still too weak in the trenches to contend with them. Miami is 9-4 last 13 games vs the Jets and Patriots, 1-6 vs Buffalo over that same time.

Today was easily one of the worst coached games by Flores since he took over. He has to find out a way to do better vs Buffalo.
We don't seem to have the personnel or experience to beat them.

Other than Brady every so often, Miami is almost always losing to the top QBs, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Manning etc, it's usually because of like you said the schemes they use suck vs these kinds of QBs.
Well, Miami will be playing Brady in a few weeks but we will get embarrassed

Back
Top Bottom