Flores had me fooled | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores had me fooled

Well if we stick with him till he grows half of us maybe dead and in the grave before he does. We should have been more patient in trying to find another Coach after Gase.

Not sure why. He was 15-17 entering this year and hadnā€™t done anything. I gave him the benefit of the doubt heading into this year but thatā€™s all gone at this point.

16-22 as coach. No playoffs.

Dont underestimate the importance of Bobby McCain in that secondary. His presence is truly missed.

I actually think Flores is alright, I think he could be a successful coach. The biggest issue is he canā€™t hire/find competent coaches. We havenā€™t had any decent OCs or OL coach which has destroyed the development of this team. I also hate how heā€™s managed/handled Tua.

I actually think Flores is alright, I think he could be a successful coach. The biggest issue is he canā€™t hire/find competent coaches. We havenā€™t had any decent OCs or OL coach which has destroyed the development of this team. I also hate how heā€™s managed/handled Tua.
Not a chance. His game management thinking is poor. His decision making that has to be made quickly during games has always been horrible. That is who he is.

Everyone knows rebuild needed to correct the OL. Tunsil is still better then anyone we have. That sums pretty much why gutting a team is risky. Replacing veterans for rookies

Speaking of bad decisions there goes Kenyon Drake with a touchdown run

Great guy, has some HC qualities, but the bottom line is, he is not ready for HC duties.

When you can't assemble a competent staff, you aren't ready to be a Head Coach. He has a lot of newbies on that staff, and that's led to a lot of bad calls on the field and behind the scenes personnel wise.

Do we stick with him and let him grow into the job? Or do we keep shuffling coaches every 3 years?
I think we move on. Why delay the inevitable.
Flores is a nice guy and defensive assistant.
He just doesnt have it.

Flores had poor game management last year as well. He had Fitz to bail him out. His decision making in alot of areas has always been bad.
He can be a good assistant coach somewhere.
You do realize they won most of those games with Tua as the starting QB and not Fitz. Fitz was upset that he was replaced by Tua and I never saw Fitz spending much time talking to Tua during games.

The real issue with Flores is he just hasnā€™t surrounded himself with good assistant coaches. The coaches are not developing their players and players like Baker and Van Ginkel appear to have regressed since last year. In fact the defense now appears more like the 2019 defense than the 2020 defense.

Flores has hired 4 OCā€™s and 4 OL coaches in less than 2 years and yet the offense and specially the OL and RBā€™s are not improving.

Whether quality coaches donā€™t want to work for him or he just doesnā€™t know how to hire quality coaches, I have no idea. All I do know is the coaches he has hired arenā€™t getting the job done.

Not a chance. His game management thinking is poor. His decision making that has to be made quickly during games has always been horrible. That is who he is.

I honestly though he should have won the second challenge on the replay Agnews finger bends backwards when the ball makes contact. And I like the aggressive 4th down call. Iā€™m furious with how this season has gone and Iā€™m leaning towards cleaning house. But I do think if Flores had a quality staff around him he could be successful I like a lot of the stuff heā€™s done. I just donā€™t understand why our guys have been so undisciplined this year that was one thing we praised him for changing when he got here and we have a lot of the same players makes no sense

Back
Top Bottom