Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

brian flores is starting RFP because he gives us the best chance win now.
2020 draft be damned.

brian flores is starting RFP because he gives us the best chance win now.
2020 draft be damned.
If he gives us the best chance to win now then he hasn't shown it so far. What has he done in two games so far that says we can win with him?

If he gives us the best chance to win now then he hasn't shown it so far. What has he done in two games so far that says we can win with him?

Think he meant 'better' chance to win. It's RF v JR

It's not the two games it's his body of work over 15 years. He a vet they believe can get the season started better than Rosen.

If Fitz starts, after 4 games, what would be the over/under on interceptions? 7?

Well, like I said at the beginning - Fitzpatrick is their quarterback until he goes out and loses the job. What they have in Rosen this season is a cheap backup until something changes. That didn't come from a sportswriter or an article. I just know what's going on.

They're not going to send Rosen out there behind this offensive line until he's mastered the protections and is able to utilize that tool to protect himself. The fans are simply clamoring to know what Flores and the coaching staff already know by meeting with him everyday and observing his reps closely. But it ain't gonna happen.

Fans are fans and they're going to do what fans do. Talk on message boards.

The coaches are going to be coaches and do what coaches do. Nobody is missing the boat on Rosen. The situation is what you think it is. They don't believe he's destined for the Hall of Fame yet, and they don't think he's ready to be the starter and lead the team yet.

Right now they don't really see much difference in the team's chances to win a football game whether it's Fitzpatrick or Rosen. That's not what it's about. This is about Rosen being ready, and giving themselves the best chance to know what they have in him when it's time to do so.

There's nothing he can do that's going to change their minds one way or another in regards to their plan for taking a quarterback in 2020. They know what their plan is there with or without Rosen.

They're not staking all of their jobs in the end on whether or not Rosen pans out. It's just not what they're going to do. Know that. Let it sink in.

Flores seems to be making all kinds of excuses for not to start Josh Rosen at QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick has not outplayed Josh Rosen once since the pads have been on. First he used the leadership excuse. Then it was holding the ball too long, then it was not getting the team out of the huddle fast enough. Then it was his body language. Now it's because Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady all sat behind their starters before they themselves became starters. Someone please give me the name of that future Hall of Famer or Pro-Bowler Josh Rosen is playing behind right now. Last time I checked, there are no Brett Favre, Alex Smith or Drew Bledsoe in Miami. It appears to me that he just doesn't like Rosen for some reason. if that's the case, why didn't he and Chris Grier sit down and discuss this before Grier traded a second round pick on this guy? If he wants to use the pass blocking as an excuse, forget it. He himself said the Offensive line is playing better, so if he uses that excuse he will lose a lot of credibility with me. Josh Rosen is not a rookie. He needs to play and he needs to play now. This team has some very good skill position players and we have a QB that can make good use of them. so Coach Flores, cut out the B.S. and give us the real reason you don't want to start Rosen.

I think you need to step off the ledge. Flo wants him to earn it, and he will start at some point because we all know Fitz. He will look good for a few games and then settle back down to earth with 3 ints. If they start Rosen right off the bat and he falters, the fans will be calling for Fitz. On the other hand if he's waiting in the wings and Fitz becomes Fitz, we will see Rosen in game two or three. Look what happened in Tampa last year with the Fitz/Jameis mess and Flo definitely doesn't want that. Be careful what you wish for. I predict Rosen will be in there soon enough.

Well, like I said at the beginning - Fitzpatrick is their quarterback until he goes out and loses the job. What they have in Rosen this season is a cheap backup until something changes. That didn't come from a sportswriter or an article. I just know what's going on.

They're not going to send Rosen out there behind this offensive line until he's mastered the protections and is able to utilize that tool to protect himself. The fans are simply clamoring to know what Flores and the coaching staff already know by meeting with him everyday and observing his reps closely. But it ain't gonna happen.

The coaches are going to be coaches and do what coaches do. Nobody is missing the boat on Rosen. The situation is what you think it is. They don't believe he's destined for the Hall of Fame yet, and they don't think he's ready to be the starter and lead the team yet.

Right now they don't really see much difference in the team's chances to win a football game whether it's Fitzpatrick or Rosen. That's not what it's about. This is about Rosen being ready, and giving themselves the best chance to know what they have in him when it's time to do so.

There's nothing he can do that's going to change their minds one way or another in regards to their plan for taking a quarterback in 2020. They know what their plan is there with or without Rosen.

They're not staking all of their jobs in the end on whether or not Rosen pans out. It's just not what they're going to do. Know that. Let it sink in.

Perfectly said, Slimm.

Exactly. The cautionary tale of David Carr is all too real. If he takes a beating like that, he's cooked. Stick a fork in him. The staff seems smart enough to understand that.

It's not going to hurt a bright kid like Rosen to watch a bright veteran like Fitzpatrick, who by all accounts is a willing mentor.

Then i really dont understand why they traded for him... Cheap backups are everywhere, especially for a team in the Fins situation... I liked the trade when it happened but everything following it just seems directionless(not even sure thats a word ?)...

Everything that Slimm said plus this...

Even if the coaches think that Rosen is ready (I do btw), they are smart to say these things and let Fitz take the early losses. This will allow the fanbase time to become more realistic about our rebuilding team.

Rosen's gonna start games, probably most of them (barring injury), so why let him go 1-4 to start the season?

Read some of the posts here... a number of nitwits already proclaiming the 22 year old QB to be a bust... or untrainable... or processes coverages too slowly (while he was simultaneously hitting receivers right in the hands)… just stupid stuff.

But a team has to do the right P.R., keeping the rubes from trashing the place.

Then i really dont understand why they traded for him... Cheap backups are everywhere, especially for a team in the Fins situation... I liked the trade when it happened but everything following it just seems directionless(not even sure thats a word ?)...

Young, cheap backups with a lot of potential and being a top 10 DP are not everywhere and available. I'm all for him sitting until the bye week to see what he can learn on the sidelines and let the OL gel a little at least. Getting a top QB next year isn't going to fix our offense if they are running for their lives no matter who the QB is.

Back
Top Bottom