Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

David Carr… I was a HS football official in Bakersfield CA for 20 years... I worked many of Carr's games (his brother as well. David was just too small, too fragile. A nice QB if you can keep him clean, but not the guy to win games when his facemask had mud in it.

If he gives us the best chance to win now then he hasn't shown it so far. What has he done in two games so far that says we can win with him?

Strange, I don't see our record showing 0-2. What full games has either QB played?

If he gives us the best chance to win now then he hasn't shown it so far. What has he done in two games so far that says we can win with him?

oh i don't think we are. but i do think we win more games with him than rosen.
i think you can plug in RFP on any non-playoff team in the league and win 5-6 games
i think if you do that with rosen you win 3-4 games.

Well, like I said at the beginning - Fitzpatrick is their quarterback until he goes out and loses the job. What they have in Rosen this season is a cheap backup until something changes. That didn't come from a sportswriter or an article. I just know what's going on.

They're not going to send Rosen out there behind this offensive line until he's mastered the protections and is able to utilize that tool to protect himself. The fans are simply clamoring to know what Flores and the coaching staff already know by meeting with him everyday and observing his reps closely. But it ain't gonna happen.

Fans are fans and they're going to do what fans do. Talk on message boards.

The coaches are going to be coaches and do what coaches do. Nobody is missing the boat on Rosen. The situation is what you think it is. They don't believe he's destined for the Hall of Fame yet, and they don't think he's ready to be the starter and lead the team yet.

Right now they don't really see much difference in the team's chances to win a football game whether it's Fitzpatrick or Rosen. That's not what it's about. This is about Rosen being ready, and giving themselves the best chance to know what they have in him when it's time to do so.

There's nothing he can do that's going to change their minds one way or another in regards to their plan for taking a quarterback in 2020. They know what their plan is there with or without Rosen.

They're not staking all of their jobs in the end on whether or not Rosen pans out. It's just not what they're going to do. Know that. Let it sink in.
If what you're saying is that no matter what they're drafting a QB with the first round pick in the 2020 draft then they wasted a 2nd round pick so that they could have a "cheap backup" this year. If Rosen is not ready to play then doesn't that mean they feel we can't win with him if he goes in there? Then why have him here at all? Yes the money is low but we used a 2nd and a 5th round picks on him.

Young, cheap backups with a lot of potential and being a top 10 DP are not everywhere and available. I'm all for him sitting until the bye week to see what he can learn on the sidelines and let the OL gel a little at least. Getting a top QB next year isn't going to fix our offense if they are running for their lives no matter who the QB is.
No I really understand your point to be honest... At this point in time, I just dont see what the point of trading for him was if they werent going to put any effort to put him in at least a mediocre situation... Especially if they know they'll drop valuable assets in a QB just next season...

In that case, just keep the picks or trade them for future picks in next years draft and pick 2 QBs in that one... There's alot of **** they could have done... But at this point in time, trading for him, fielding this OL and sitting him just doesnt make any sense...

Fitzpatrick isn't bad enough to give you the first overpick.

#1 picks seem unrealistic. It will take Tunsil going down early to have a shot. We have too much talent on offense, there will weeks we put up 30 easily.

#1 picks seem unrealistic. It will take Tunsil going down early to have a shot. We have too much talent on offense, there will weeks we put up 30 easily.
giphy.gif

oh i don't think we are. but i do think we win more games with him than rosen.
i think you can plug in RFP on any non-playoff team in the league and win 5-6 games
i think if you do that with rosen you win 3-4 games.
If we're not going to make the playoffs then why not go with the young guy who could turn out to be very good instead of going with a guy that has never and will never be more than what he is now? What the purpose of winning 5 or 6 games with RF?

Strange, I don't see our record showing 0-2. What full games has either QB played?
Neither of them has but Rosen has been better so far and the offense has been better with him but whatever, start RF so that we can win 5 or 6 games this year. That's really helping our future!!

Fitzpatrick played with broken ribs without telling the public. Why would you give Rosen any slack?

I would start Rosen after the bye. Let RF take the beating in those 4 games. We will be 0-4 at the bye anyways.

Back
Top Bottom