Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

If what you're saying is that no matter what they're drafting a QB with the first round pick in the 2020 draft then they wasted a 2nd round pick so that they could have a "cheap backup" this year. If Rosen is not ready to play then doesn't that mean they feel we can't win with him if he goes in there? Then why have him here at all? Yes the money is low but we used a 2nd and a 5th round picks on him.

Well, that's not what it means yet. That could be what it means eventually, but that's not what it means at this point. I want you to think big picture here. Don't think like a fan.

Flores didn't trade a 2nd round pick for him, and he's not going to send him out there just because somebody did.

His job is to make sure all the players are prepared to do their jobs. It's ALL of their jobs to go out, compete, and try to win football games. Including the people in the front office. Just not quite yet.

Get it?

#1 picks seem unrealistic. It will take Tunsil going down early to have a shot. We have too much talent on offense, there will weeks we put up 30 easily.

Only against teams with poor DL’s and we don’t play many teams that aren’t stacked on the DL. BUT I don’t totally disagree with you.

If we're not going to make the playoffs then why not go with the young guy who could turn out to be very good instead of going with a guy that has never and will never be more than what he is now? What the purpose of winning 5 or 6 games with RF?

there is none. it's worst case scenario, which is why i think it's exactly what we'll do.
but i see where flores is coming from. and the players as well. they don't care about 2020 they want to win now and i think RFP is the guy they think gives them the best chance to do that.
also, it seems like as a teammate everyone likes fitz more than rosen. respect matters.

Flores didn't trade a 2nd round pick for him, and he's not going to send him out there just because somebody did.

Is that what you meant when you posted that the "Miami Dolphins organization is doomed to fail"? Because right now, I tend to heavily agree with you...

Fitzpatrick played with broken ribs without telling the public. Why would you give Rosen any slack?
You think it was a good thing to keep a painful injury inhibiting mobility and throwing motion to himself? Brave maybe, but imprudent if you ask me.

Well, that's not what it means yet. That could be what it means eventually, but that's not what it means at this point. I want you to think big picture here. Don't think like a fan.

His job is to make sure all the players are prepared to do their jobs. It's ALL of their jobs to go out, compete, and try to win football games. Including the people in the front office. Just not quite yet.

Get it?
Got it. Thanks for clearing that up

Is that what you meant when you posted that the "Miami Dolphins organization is doomed to fail"? Because right now, I tend to heavily agree with you...

I didn't say they were doomed to fail - what I said was I'm not sure Flores will be able to succeed in Miami's organization with Chris Grier at the GM.

I'm a firm believer in the coaches Miami has and their ability to coach football. Trust me.

What Flores is trying to do is make sure Miami doesn't waste a 2nd round pick on Rosen.

At this point, Im just going to lay off on the absolutely start Rosen narrative. When the line moves against you, its usually not an opportunity to double up, its just flat out telling you you're wrong... In this case, kdawg, CK, Slimm and J-off all agree rosen shouldnt start... So Im just going to shut my mouth on that particular subject and move on...
giphy.gif

You think it was a good thing to keep a painful injury inhibiting mobility and throwing motion to himself? Brave maybe, but imprudent if you ask me.
He didn’t keep it to himself. There are sooo many nfl players who play through pain and take **** for not playing well

If Fitzpatrick doesn't have a good first half tomorrow night this Rosen/Fitzpatrick QB competition will get out of hand, if it's not already.

Fitzpatrick is the starter... Rosen is not ready. Deal with it. Rosen has admitted that he does not see the game yet like Fitzpatrick can and is learning from him.

Rosen needs to sit until RFP gets injured... and with this oline it may be in the first few weeks... hell... we may say Rudock out there by week 8.

If we're not going to make the playoffs then why not go with the young guy who could turn out to be very good instead of going with a guy that has never and will never be more than what he is now? What the purpose of winning 5 or 6 games with RF?
there is so much gray between the black and white here. If he isn’t Alpha enough to win the job then sit him and draft a QB next year. I think he should be shooting less for likeable and more for salty

but i see where flores is coming from. and the players as well. they don't care about 2020 they want to win now

The players have a limited time to play and are one injury from being out of the game forever AND (most/all?) have contractual bonuses tied to on field performance.

Of *****ing* course the players are doing their best to win now.

This is news how?

Let Rosen sit until at least the bye week. Gives the OL a chance to work together developing chemistry and Rosen 6 extra weeks of practice. If the team is 0-4 or 1-3 then you make the change. 12 games is plenty of playing time to evaluate him.

Back
Top Bottom