Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

Flores seems to be making all kinds of excuses for not to start Josh Rosen at QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick has not outplayed Josh Rosen once since the pads have been on. First he used the leadership excuse. Then it was holding the ball too long, then it was not getting the team out of the huddle fast enough. Then it was his body language. Now it's because Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady all sat behind their starters before they themselves became starters. Someone please give me the name of that future Hall of Famer or Pro-Bowler Josh Rosen is playing behind right now. Last time I checked, there are no Brett Favre, Alex Smith or Drew Bledsoe in Miami. It appears to me that he just doesn't like Rosen for some reason. if that's the case, why didn't he and Chris Grier sit down and discuss this before Grier traded a second round pick on this guy? If he wants to use the pass blocking as an excuse, forget it. He himself said the Offensive line is playing better, so if he uses that excuse he will lose a lot of credibility with me. Josh Rosen is not a rookie. He needs to play and he needs to play now. This team has some very good skill position players and we have a QB that can make good use of them. so Coach Flores, cut out the B.S. and give us the real reason you don't want to start Rosen.

Hey man, slow down...and take a deep breath. The season hasn't even started yet. Settle down a bit and drink a soda pop.

The players have a limited time to play and are one injury from being out of the game forever AND (most/all?) have contractual bonuses tied to on field performance.

Of *****ing* course the players are doing their best to win now.

This is news how?
Also Flores is trying to build a system and culture in Miami. He just has to wait a year for grier to clear out the dead and wasted money on the team. Then they can star t grabbing a key piece here and there. If Flores were to screw around and not care he would lose the team because the nfl has a short window to prove you can make it and even shorter one for the second and third contract.

The players have a limited time to play and are one injury from being out of the game forever AND (most/all?) have contractual bonuses tied to on field performance.

This is news how?

No player or coach in there right mind is going to admit they know they can't win anything in week 1.

This is news how?

Of *****ing* course the players have a limited time to play and are one injury away from being out of the game forever.

This is news how?

I think Flores is protecting Rosen because he doesn't want to get him hammered because the o-line is still a work in progress. He wants to see this line come together a bit more. I put the over under on Rosen starting by week 4. The under is a lock!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This is a mind game, everyone knows Fitz isnt the long term answer and everyone knows we need to KNOW what Rosen is by the draft next year. Flores is giving Rosen every reason in the book as to why he isnt ready, he wants Rosen to go out there and TAKE it. He wants Rosen to make this team HIS, look at what Flores came from... Brady picked in the late 5th, didnt even start full time his senior season at Michigan but came in his first month and walked up to Kraft and said im the best pick you ever made.... and look at him now. Flores is gonna tell Rosen every reason why he isnt good enough to start to see if he responds and comes out like a man possessed. We will find out how much we wants it or if he will shudder under pressure.

Flores seems to be making all kinds of excuses for not to start Josh Rosen at QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick has not outplayed Josh Rosen once since the pads have been on. First he used the leadership excuse. Then it was holding the ball too long, then it was not getting the team out of the huddle fast enough. Then it was his body language. Now it's because Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady all sat behind their starters before they themselves became starters. Someone please give me the name of that future Hall of Famer or Pro-Bowler Josh Rosen is playing behind right now. Last time I checked, there are no Brett Favre, Alex Smith or Drew Bledsoe in Miami. It appears to me that he just doesn't like Rosen for some reason. if that's the case, why didn't he and Chris Grier sit down and discuss this before Grier traded a second round pick on this guy? If he wants to use the pass blocking as an excuse, forget it. He himself said the Offensive line is playing better, so if he uses that excuse he will lose a lot of credibility with me. Josh Rosen is not a rookie. He needs to play and he needs to play now. This team has some very good skill position players and we have a QB that can make good use of them. so Coach Flores, cut out the B.S. and give us the real reason you don't want to start Rosen.

Alex Smith and Drew Bledsoe are Hall of fame QB's? LOL. He gave plenty of reasons but you, because of your cognitive bias, fail to properly assess the situation. His film shows the same thing you can see if you watch Arizona's tape, hesitation and hitching his throws. I don't mind them spending a second on Rosen and he doesn't work out! Spend a second every year, or a third, or a first, until you get one that sticks. Rosen has ample opportunity to unseat the journeyman Fitz, the evidence that he hasn't done so is plain to all, and not just 10 snaps in a preseason game. That's fools gold, son.

When Brett Farve went to Green bay he sat behind Majkowski who was a vet at that point & was playing well.

Farve didn't replace Majkowski in training camp and as the starter...

simply

because

at that point he was NOT BETTER than him.

It's very similar to Rosen's situation.

Flores is doing exactly what I would do.

I think what we see on this forum is a whole lotta folks that have let the m0r0ns in the media make up their minds for them

and GIVE them their opinions.

Those guys are writers for a reason...

they don't know enough about football to actually work in the NFL...

in ANY CAPACITY.
Not only that but Favre sat in Atlanta behind a guy named Chris Miller before he was send to the Packers.

Favre could not beat out Chris Miller and Majkowski. Oh my. :lol:

This is so easy to see through....we have a brutal first 4 games...let Fitz take those.... bring in Rosen to take over after the bye against the beatable Redskins.

Makes tons of sense... let’s Rosen watch and learn a bit more and get comfortable. Avoid having to potentially replace Rosen with Fitz if those first 4 get ugly.

Fits in with the “not ready” narrative.

Did the Patriots "waste" a second round pick on Jimmy Garoppolo? Everybody knew Brady would never let him start. Seemed to work okay for them to keep him on the cheap for three years and they deal him. Remember, we didn't have to pay the big bucks in the first year and we got a second round pick in 2020 also.

Backups of Rosen's ceiling aren't cheap and easily had.

As Slim said, Flores didn't make the trade. His job is to try and make the trade worthwhile. I'm betting he will. All Rosen has to accomplish to make this so is to be a good backup, be traded for assets later on, or eventually become the starter. I'd say the odds of one of the three happening are quite good.

Remember, if Jimmy G had stayed with the Patriots he would have been nothing but a backup that cost a second round pick. Nobody would have found fault with that.

Not only that but Favre sat in Atlanta behind a guy named Chris Miller before he was send to the Packers.

In fact I think the falcons coach disliked him so much he played him so he would fail. I can't remember the entire detail, I think it was on A Football Life?

Oh my friend, what you are failing to mention though is.......

Miller and Majik Man both had killer mullets that Favre did not contend with.... THAT is probably why he didnt beat them out. Much like Rosens inferior beard to RF

I think this staff holds being assignment sound at the absolute top of it’s list. Even over talent. It should be no surprise Fitz is more assignment sound at this point. The end goal will be to go from assignment sounds football players to talented assignment sound football players. It will work if they can do it.

The are a couple of simple facts fans need to get straight.

1) Rosen doesn't need to ever take a snap in an NFL game for the coaches to "evaluate" him. He only needs to play in a televised game for casual fans to evaluate him.

2) This coaching staff doesn't care about the casual fan's evaluation of one of their quarterbacks. They trust their own eyes more.

This decision was made long before training camp started.

Rosen was never going to start opening day.

Flores is already a fail.

Back
Top Bottom