Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

So, let’s agree that the starting QB position “must be earned”. What exactly has Ryan Fitzpatrick done to EARN the starting QB job for the Miami Dolphins?

Previously played for 7 other NFL teams? Lost 25 more games than he has won? Thrown 148 interceptions in 141 games (126 starts)?

Or are we claiming that he earned the starting job by playing well in practice, when he’s facing his own teammates and barely being hit?

Just wondering.

I am not sure why people are so fuzzed up about this QB issue. We are installing a highly complex system. Fitzpatrick is a 15-year vet who has seen a multitude of offenses. We are deploying a version of the E/P offense (like the Pats sort of do). It does require the QB to make a lot of pre snap decisions. Fitzpatrick has that experience.

Some of us have said from the beginning that Fitzpatrick will probably get the nod over Rosen when the season starts - 3 to 4 games until all the parts are moving. That gives Rosen enough time to observe and learn from the outside.
Fitzpatrick starting would not be so much a lack of confidence in Rosen but rather a coaching decision the right way.

There is no need to just throw a young QB out there because some fans or the media think you have to have 16 games to evaluate a QB. What Flores does is nurturing a young QB in order to be successful. It is twice as hard with Rosen because the Cardinals did some major damage last year with him. They made the mistake of throwing him to the wolves behind a makeshift OL, two OCs who should not be in the business of being OCs.

I am always fascinated by the myth that a top draft pick at QB or future franchise QB has to start immediately. As a matter of fact most QBs become successful after riding a bench for a period of time. Someone mentioned Favre who rode the bench on two teams. Favre's successor (Rodgers) rode the bench while they worked out mechanical flaws. Brady was a 3rd string QB on the Pats even in his first Superbowl year in 2001 (backup was Huard). Our very own Dan Marino sat for a few games. Last year Mayfield and Allen stayed on the bench.

The only time you want to put a rookie QB out there if you are desperate and have no veteran leadership on the roster. There are not many QBs who can take a horrific beating in their first year like Peyton Manning. I always maintain that Tannehill might would have grown into a franchise QB if he would have watched the game from the sideline in the beginning. That was the plan initially but Garrard (the projected starter) got hurt and instead of letting veteran QB Moore take the reign they handed the job to Tannehill. Expectation that year were low, just like this year, and sitting behind Moore might have done wonders for Tannehill.

Flores does the right thing. The only reason he would or should put Rosen in as a starter against the Ravens is if Flores feels that Rosen is 100% ready - not only physically but also mentally.

I could be selfish. I want Rosen to succeed. I am hoping that he might be our potential future QB. Having your possible future franchise QB start in game 1 at home is twice as exciting and probably would fill the stadium a little more. But I am playing the long game. Let's not make the same mistake we did in the past and let Rosen play just because the fans or the media wants it. 12 or 13 games is plentiful to determine if Rosen is a potential franchise QB.

Flores learned to keep quiet from BB, he's not telling the press who's starting game 1

I find it either disingenuous or naïve for anyone to imply Flores was NOT
involved in the Rosen trade decision. Really? So were supposed to believe
Mister Grier is a dictator and just shoves players down Flores throat?

Come on. That's just ridiculous "thinking" IMO.

They have stated, and restated, it's a COLLABORATIVE effort.

And for sure, Flores was involved in the decision on landing a QB
to be brought in for him to to develop.

He's still late on his throws. He's 22. He's dirt cheap.

I don't care if he has to take a year hiatus in Hawaii to go on an epic mushroom bender, in order to connect his synaptic gaps; so he finally can anticipate an out route...

If the kid can’t even beat a journeyman qb outright and claim the starting spot, he doesn’t deserve to start. I honestly don’t care if he ever starts for this team. He can be a career backup for all I care.

Even if he was ready why would we want Rosen starting right away? The o-line is going to be a massive work in progress. He was sacked enough last year and we just got through waiting on a QB who spent the beginning of his career on his back.

In preseason he has not missed many out routes and in fact he has looked way better then Fitzpatrick during real games.

Is Rosen lighting it up, by know means but what does that say about Fitzpatrick's lack of production in preseason.

Rosen has been the better QB in preseason no matter how you try and spin it.

We'll see tomorrow if Fitz can pull out some magic once again cuz I haven't seen it yet this year against other competition!!

I still say sit Rosen until after the bye but let's not act like Fitz has earned anything over the second year rook....

He's still late on his throws. He's 22. He's dirt cheap.

I don't care if he has to take a year hiatus in Hawaii to go on an epic mushroom bender, in order to connect his synaptic gaps; so he finally can anticipate an out route...

You dont extend Grant if you are thinking you are losing many games, you dont pay for Fitz unless you think you can somehow compete. We are going to compete this year, as we should be. Flores and his coaching staff are going to try to win every game. Talent may be the greatest obstacle, but if we were in a lot of games with a bottom 10 QB or a backup like Osweiler, I dont see a reason we cant do it with an improved coaching staff and some quality young players like Howard, Fitz, Baker, Godchaux, Tunsil, Ballage, Drake, Wilson, Grant, Smythe, Davis and others that will only get better. I have faith in Flores, until he fails. We gave a bottom of the pack QB 7 frigging years!!! Lets give Flores, Rosen and the rest of the youngsters at least two seasons before we judge them.

If the kid can’t even beat a journeyman qb outright and claim the starting spot, he doesn’t deserve to start. I honestly don’t care if he ever starts for this team. He can be a career backup for all I care.
Last year 20 something starting NFL QBs didnt beat Fitzpatrick play, including ours. So it Is not like Rosen Is not beating Osweiler or Tannehill. Fitz last year was a top 15 QB. Let him play and then when its time to showcase Rosen ( if Flores thinks he is ready ) then so be it. The only team that tanked a season were the Colts and it seems Karma Is all over them.

In preseason he has not missed many out routes and in fact he has looked way better then Fitzpatrick during real games.

Is Rosen lighting it up, by know means but what does that say about Fitzpatrick's lack of production in preseason.

We'll see tomorrow if Fitz can pull out some magic once again cuz I haven't seen it yet this year against other competition!!

I still say sit Rosen until after the bye but let's not act like Fitz has earned anything over the second year rook....

Yeah, I liked the way out route sounded.

I've heard he's sluggishly going through his progressions and is late on crossing routes and curl routes per 3 yards per carry. I trust their analysis over anyone.

If we're not going to make the playoffs then why not go with the young guy who could turn out to be very good instead of going with a guy that has never and will never be more than what he is now? What the purpose of winning 5 or 6 games with RF?

Why would you put the young guy out there to get killed behind this offensive (pun intended) line???

Fitzpatrick isn't bad enough to give you the first overpick.

Ravens. Pats. Cowboys. Chargers. How many wins do you see there with our Oline and QB situation? I see zero. The rest of the season? I don’t see more than 4 wins. We will get a top 3 pick with Fitz or Rosen IMHO, especially behind this Oline.

Last year 20 something starting NFL QBs didnt beat Fitzpatrick play, including ours. So it Is not like Rosen Is not beating Osweiler or Tannehill. Fitz last year was a top 15 QB. Let him play and then when its time to showcase Rosen ( if Flores thinks he is ready ) then so be it. The only team that tanked a season were the Colts and it seems Karma Is all over them.

No this fan base thinks that Fitzpatrick throws an interception every other pass. Not that he is a qb that had an 8.04 Any/a last year and 6.56 over the last 5 years. They are also a fan base who thinks that a qb that had a 5.56 Any/a is “top 10 qb”.

Why would you put the young guy out there to get killed behind this offensive (pun intended) line???
If they think playing him behind this O-line is not a good idea then why didn't they do more about the O-line on draft day? They can't have it both ways.

Back
Top Bottom