Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

Ravens. Pats. Cowboys. Chargers. How many wins do you see there with our Oline and QB situation? I see zero. The rest of the season? I don’t see more than 4 wins. We will get a top 3 pick with Fitz or Rosen IMHO, especially behind this Oline.

The O-line is atrocious, but they'll scheme some blocks with 2 TE or TE/FB sets. To be honest, they'll probably draft another FB next year.

I could easily see them lose all 4 of their first games but I could also see them start 3-1. That's 3 September home games, hot weather. Only one team has been practicing in that.

They're probably more talented as a team than they were a year ago, then again 7-9 was a mirage.

I just don't see how Flores can not start Rosen week 1.

I mean the kid was on fire at end of last season. In his last 5 games Rosen accounted for 1 TD (pass + rush) and 6 turnovers (interception + lost fumbles).

If Flores doesn't start Rosen week 1 he might cool the kid off. It might take 10 games to get that 1 TD.

How dare Flores think he knows better than Finheaven fans what is best for the Dolphins and Rosen. Such arrogance!

The O-line is atrocious, but they'll scheme some blocks with 2 TE or TE/FB sets. To be honest, they'll probably draft another FB next year.

I could easily see them lose all 4 of their first games but I could also see them start 3-1. That's 3 September home games, hot weather. Only one team has been practicing in that.

They're probably more talented as a team than they were a year ago, then again 7-9 was a mirage.
You really believe that? What positions are we clearly better at?

I would start Rosen because that's the best way to develop a QB.

Adversity is the path way to improve. If you can't handle the moment as a QB, it's not going to randomly happen later.

You struggle, you learn, you get better or you don't.

Miami desperately needs to develop a young QB.

I'm not a huge fan of Rosen but compared to the other young QB's in the league, he deserves to be on the field.

You can make all the Fitz, o-line, sit the bench arguments all you want. Truth is, the kid needs to play.

Let him have a shot at the franchise. Time is precious, don't waste it on a 37 year old career back up.

You really believe that? What positions are we clearly better at?
QB, for 1. LT, CB1, RB, TE, LB. We lost James, Wake, Quinn.

I think the way we play D moving forward neither Wake nor Quinn was much of a fit. I expect 3 big guys up front on almost all downs.

Adversity is the path way to improve. If you can't handle the moment as a QB, it's not going to randomly happen later.

You struggle, you learn, you get better or you don't.

Miami desperately needs to develop a young QB.

I'm not a huge fan of Rosen but compared to the other young QB's in the league, he deserves to be on the field.

You can make all the Fitz, o-line, sit the bench arguments all you want. Truth is, the kid needs to play.

Let him have a shot at the franchise. Time is precious, don't waste it on a 37 year old career back up.
I agree.
I just don't want to send him out there with that O-line to start the season.

That’s good analysis about what they will probably do with the tight ends to offset the oline but come on man 3 and 1 start?

No way player and no way more talented. Can’t see it. This is scheme offset if there is one til the cows come home

TED SLIMM jr SAID....

"That didn't come from a sportswriter or an article. I just know what's going on."

------------

Unless you work for the dolphins and coach flores told you everything than NO, you don't KNOW whats going on. You might land a great guess, like EVERY other arm chair expert but KNOWING? Uh-uh. I hope you just forgot to add the smily face at the end.

What in the world gets folks heads on these sports boards sometimes is bewildering.

I'm disappointed as there is little value in starting RF, but if Rosen is not ready and we are facing 4 difficult defenses, then sit Rosen until the off week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...sen-sometimes-guys-just-arent-ready-to-start/

I believe it has more to do with letting Rosen avoid getting killed against those 4 teams with an O-line full of holes...than it is about him not being ready. I’m not saying he’s as good as he will be...but he has outplayed Fitz thru two preseason games.

Let’s face it...Rosen is an asset to be protected and handled properly... Fitz has no real value to this this team if he takes a beating.

If I was running this team... I would let’s Fitz face these four teams...and during the bye week insert Rosen and give him his first start against the beatable Redskins.

By then...hopefully we have the best version of what our O-line will be this year.

That’s good analysis about what they will probably do with the tight ends to offset the oline but come on man 3 and 1 start?

No way player and no way more talented. Can’t see it. This is scheme offset if there is one til the cows come home
Conditioning is a bitch, and it you're playing a conditioned team that's coached to 15-16 deep ( especially on D ) then you're at a huge disadvantage.

The team has a serious lack of talent along both lines but playing in 100 degree weather that you've practised in for months is an advantage like no other, even frigid temperatures in January. It levels the playing field in regards to defensive talent, the motors that normally don't stop need a breather.

I personally see them going 2-2, picking up another 3-6 wins afterwards. They'll pick edge 1st round.

So you think Marino, Brady, Young, Farve, Rodgers (and I could go on) where miss handled by their coaches, you know, the ones with a collective bazillion super bowl wins between them?

Just getting me to the offseason with the first overall pick. If it takes Rosen or Fitz or a combination of both I don't care. Rosen is destined for a backup,role whether here or somewhere else.

This is so easy to see through....we have a brutal first 4 games...let Fitz take those.... bring in Rosen to take over after the bye against the beatable Redskins.

Makes tons of sense... let’s Rosen watch and learn a bit more and get comfortable. Avoid having to potentially replace Rosen with Fitz if those first 4 get ugly.

Fits in with the “not ready” narrative.

I like it. Play the better QB against the better teams. Let him take an ass whooping then bring in Rosen to close the deal on our 2-14 season.

Just getting me to the offseason with the first overall pick. If it takes Rosen or Fitz or a combination of both I don't care. Rosen is destined for a backup,role whether here or somewhere else.
If I had to pick 1 QB right now it would be TL in 2021. I think this coaching staff plays Fitz (he's gonna get hurt) then goes DE,C with their first two picks. I highly doubt they take a QB, far more likely they trade down.

Back
Top Bottom