Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

"If we trade him i'll never understand it?"

Player missed more games than i can count in the past 2-4 seasons. Yet! Teams still takes chance on player and make him highest paid at at his positions. Player proceeds to miss even more time...Yet! Teams still pays him the full weight of his contract for that season.

Player FINALLY plays a full season in forever and has a very good year...Now player wants to hold out and ask for more money?

And your commen is "If we trade him i'll never understand it?"

Unreal!
Trade him.

"If we trade him i'll never understand it?"

Player missed more games than i can count in the past 2-4 seasons. Yet! Teams still takes chance on player and make him highest paid at at his positions. Player proceeds to miss even more time...Yet! Teams still pays him the full weight of his contract for that season.

Player FINALLY plays a full season in forever and has a very good year...Now player wants to hold out and ask for more money?

And your commen is "If we trade him i'll never understand it?"

Unreal!
Even with all of that missed time, player leads league in picks since 2017. That tells me he’s better than almost every CB who plays all 16 games for other teams. And what’s this “finally has a very good year” nonsense?

“Very good”? Really? As in had more picks than anyone since 2007? Has more picks than completed passes against deep? Very good? By the way, this is the 2nd time he’s led the league in picks. If that means he averages 13 games played per year or whatever AND can be this productive I’ll take it.

I understand X wanting to be paid more than Jones. But he's 1 year into his deal. Come on X. Give us another year of 10 INTs then come back to that FO and say lets talk.

All this said, I absolutely do NOT want to trade him. To me he is best in the business right now.

It’s a very tough decision to make. We won’t be stronger without him.
Agree w your 2nd statement. We most definitely will not be stronger without him. The entire reason our defense was good last year was because we finally had a good corner opposite him and we didn’t give up explosive over the top plays + it allowed the coordinator to dial up creative things for the other 9 guys to do. Normally we have a JAG at the other CB spot and then you are trying to give him help as he gets beaten like a drum all game and thus you have only 8 other guys to utilize. This team’s defense can win a SB. Is the goal to win a championship or not? If yes, then restructure his contract because without him we go right back to not being able to get off of the field.

I understand X wanting to be paid more than Jones. But he's 1 year into his deal. Come on X. Give us another year of 10 INTs then come back to that FO and say lets talk.

All this said, I absolutely do NOT want to trade him. To me he is best in the business right now.
He’s led the league w 7 and 10 picks in 2 of the last 3 seasons. He doesn’t have to do it again to prove he’s worth every penny.

And what would be compensation you believe to be fair for a player who led the league in INTs 2 of the last 3 seasons?
That's a tough question, because you have to factor in the salary dump part of the equation. The new team is probably going to have to pay him north of 16M/year PLUS the picks.

Getting an over-priced player in return might soften the blow for whoever we were dealing with... and then there is the question of how good is the team you are dealing with... and since they are probably going to be a good team, then it's a late pick.

That's a tough question, because you have to factor in the salary dump part of the equation. The new team is probably going to have to pay him north of 16M/year PLUS the picks.

Getting an over-priced player in return might soften the blow for whoever we were dealing with... and then there is the question of how good is the team you are dealing with... and since they are probably going to be a good team, then it's a late pick.
This is a great response / take. It seems if we move him we likely won’t get a haul like we would if he were on his first contract. I really don’t want to trade the guy.

This is a great response / take. It seems if we move him we likely won’t get a haul like we would if he were on his first contract. I really don’t want to trade the guy.
We won't get his value in return.

I am positive of that, but the cost of keeping him may be even higher.

This is a very tough call, unless we get a team that offers too much... two #1s would be too much and I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Even with all of that missed time, player leads league in picks since 2017. That tells me he’s better than almost every CB who plays all 16 games for other teams. And what’s this “finally has a very good year” nonsense?

“Very good”? Really? As in had more picks than anyone since 2007? Has more picks than completed passes against deep? Very good? By the way, this is the 2nd time he’s led the league in picks. If that means he averages 13 games played per year or whatever AND can be this productive I’ll take it.
Yawn!

I saw an article about Chandler Jones for Xavien Howard straight up.

Would you do it?

Anybody think Howard will put up #1 CB stats this coming season? Honest question. No? Me neither.

I saw an article about Chandler Jones for Xavien Howard straight up.

Would you do it?
No... for a couple of reasons.

Jones' contract only runs through this year and on top of that, he'll make 15.5M in salary this year. From a cap perspective, both are very bad... we'd lose money on the deal AND inherit an older player on an expiring contract.

Anybody think Howard will put up #1 CB stats this coming season? Honest question. No? Me neither.

we’d be lucky, assuming his still on the team, that he plays a full season. It’s more likely than not he misses time due to injury based on his history. You better believe he and his agent are well aware of that and part of why he’s holding out for more money.

Back
Top Bottom