Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

So... just to be clear... anytime a player has a career year, we should tear up his contract?
Any team can do it anytime they want. NONE of these contracts are guaranteed. Why shouldn’t a player expect a raise under those circumstances when they outplay their deal?

Howard is NOT the Miami Dolphins and he’s not bigger than the franchise!
And, I didn’t say he was. That’s YOU putting those words in my mouth.

If you’d like to provide two sides of an argument, go ahead and keep my name out of the middle of your delusion.

Any team can do it anytime they want. Why shouldn’t a player expect a raise under those circumstances when they outplay their deal?
Because they got a lot of upfront money and then promptly were injured?

But ok... how much should these players be expected to get, and would it be okay if other players had to be cut in order to come up with the money?

Because they got a lot of upfront money and then promptly were injured?

But ok... how much should these players be expected to get, and would it be okay if other players had to be cut in order to come up with the money?
Talent like Howard needs to be kept.

Period.

How long would you like to keep rebuilding? Because if we keep jettisoning superior talent, we WILL remain mired in mediocrity. If we have to drop a mid-level starter to keep him, then we do it. The difference between an easily replaced guy and his backup IS NOT worth losing our elite cornerback.

He’s not asking for an extra 10mil/year for ****’s sake.

Consider this:

You go into work every day with a guy that isn’t nearly as good as you at your job. Except he gets paid significantly more than you. How happy are you there?

88D706F7-F6DD-4BB8-92DC-6902339600D4.png

And, some of y’all are pissed that another is attempting to be paid his worth.

Does he have to be clear cut #1 again? Can he be in the conversation?
Its required reading when he wants #1 money at his position. Best CBs usually don't get thrown against. All I know is that Howard has great hands. What does that say? Ramsey takes the day off usually on game day. Im just flipping it and asking.

And, I didn’t say he was. That’s YOU putting those words in my mouth.

If you’d like to provide two sides of an argument, go ahead and keep my name out of the middle of your delusion.

Lol, Clearly that was your premise. If Howard wants more just give it to him.

Consider this:

You go into work every day with a guy that isn’t nearly as good as you at your job. Except he gets paid significantly more than you. How happy are you there?

View attachment 79076

And, some of y’all are pissed that another is attempting to be paid his worth.

He signed his contract! PERIOD!

He's free to ask for more and the Dolphins are free to show him where he signed!

They are not obligated to make him the highest paid DB(AGAIN like they did previously).

Its required reading when he wants #1 money at his position. Best CBs usually don't get thrown against. All I know is that Howard has great hands. What does that say? Ramsey takes the day off usually on game day. Im just flipping it and asking.
just wondering if he needed to be #1.

if you are one of the top few shutdown CBs in the league, you aren't going to be thrown against.

especially if you are adept at picking off passes.

as X is.

that's what we need.

we don't need him to be #1 again, we just need X to be X.

i'm not saying he won't be #1 again, i'm just saying we need him to keep doing what he's been doing.

Again, you’re seeing what you want to see. I didn’t mention a damn thing about him being bigger than the franchise.

I do think we should give him a raise.

you know his agent isn't waltzing in there asking for $30 million a year.

it isn't as simple as "x asks for more, so give it to him."

let's hope cooler heads prevail, and a deal can be struck that everyone is satisfied with.

we need our best player.

period.

and no, he can't just ask for whatever he wants and get it.

obviously.

He signed his contract! PERIOD!

He's free to ask for more and the Dolphins are free to show him where he signed!

They are not obligated to make him the highest paid DB(AGAIN like they did previously).
And, he’s not obligated to be the stud in our secondary.

Once again, in the NFL nobody’s contract is guaranteed. Smart teams keep their elite players happy and performing.

Talent like Howard needs to be kept.

Period.

How long would you like to keep rebuilding? Because if we keep jettisoning superior talent, we WILL remain mired in mediocrity. If we have to drop a mid-level starter to keep him, then we do it. The difference between an easily replaced guy and his backup IS NOT worth losing our elite cornerback.

He’s not asking for an extra 10mil/year for ****’s sake.
How many players get cut to pay for his raise? And how much should it be?

Back
Top Bottom