Super Duper Club
- Aug 10, 2008
- Reaction score
- Pattaya, Thailand
These were my first impressions:If I were to rank the candidates solely based on my first impressions, I'd rank them as follows:
- Kris Richard (Has the potential to be truly special IMO)
- Mike Munchak (A steady veteran that could compete for the playoffs, but never dominate. Think Wannstedt)
- Darren Rizzi (Sparano type, would need very good coordinators to be successful. Already has relationships and respect from players on the team)
- Vic Fangio (Seems to be a very good teacher and defensive mind, but doesn't come across as a commanding figure you'd want in a HC)
- Eric Bienemy (Reminds me too much of a candidate that is getting looks simply for his role in a prolific offense, but isn't really responsible for it. Not ready yet IMO)
- Brian Flores (Doesn't seem to have what it takes to lead an entire team at this point. Way too timid to lead a team. Todd Bowles 2.0)
He got a 5 year guaranteed contract for precisely this reason. He knew exactly how rough this year would be and wanted the security if he would take the job.He is an LB coach, bottomline. He was on the bottom of my list of the people the Dolphins reached out to for the position.
These were my first impressions:
So far, the Miami Dolphins have expressed interest in interviewing the following candidates: Brian Flores (Linebacker Coach / Functioning DC for Patriots) Kris Richard (Passing Game Defensive Coordinator for Cowboys) Vic Fangio (DC for the Bears) Mike Munchak (OL Coach for Steelers) Eric...finheaven.com
- Too timid to be a successful HC. Gives me a Todd Bowles vibe.
- In the 3rd video at the 1:55 mark says that because of his less boisterous nature he didn't always view himself as a leader. That changed when Belichick told him 10 years ago that "if you work hard and put the team first you are a leader." While that may cut it to lead a unit, I don't think that cuts it to lead an entire team. He just seems to lack confidence to me, which is always a bad sign for a HC candidate
- Does appear to have a strong work ethic, but IMO does not appear to have the command to lead an entire team. Seems like a career coordinator type to me.
I warmed up to him a bit once the hire was made because of his story, and seeing the NE performance in the super bowl, but I just can't shake the feeling that he is in over his head. I got the same sense for Philbin early.
I kind of feel bad for him. This will be brutal season for him and I'm not sure his rep recovers unfortunately.
I know, I know. He WILL be here for at least 2 more years IMO. But I just don't see him panning out longterm. Same sense I got from Philbin.He got a 5 year guaranteed contract for precisely this reason. He knew exactly how rough this year would be and wanted the security if he would take the job.
People need to CHILL out a bit. A tank job sounds great until the season actually starts, then everyone loses their damn minds. Just chill
Just look at it differently. 25% of our roster wasnt on the team a week ago even and 34% of our roster is comprised of undrafted free agents. Our team showed all of that yesterday. The important part I am looking at is how much improving is happening on a week to week basis.I know, I know. He WILL be here for at least 2 more years IMO. But I just don't see him panning out longterm. Same sense I got from Philbin.
It will be evident after Year 2, but Ross will probably hang on longer than he needs to. In a way, Flo deserves at least 3 years for signing up for this garbage, but it still holds us back IMO.
Hey, I hope he turns it around and shows some progress, I really do. He seems like a good dude and I'd love for him to be successful. I mean, he HAS to show some improvement on this performance or he will go down as the HC with the lowest point differential in NFL history and be out after the year.Just look at it differently. 25% of our roster wasnt on the team a week ago even and 34% of our roster is comprised of undrafted free agents. Our team showed all of that yesterday. The important part I am looking at is how much improving is happening on a week to week basis.