Flores: Tua is Our Quarterback | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores: Tua is Our Quarterback

Watson, is awesome but we aren't in position to trade 3 firsts, 3 seconds and 3rds (going off rumours). We need our draft picks. I do not want to mortgage our entire future on Watson.
This. If Tua continues to develop, his spot is solidified and this team can start building in the trenches. It’s the best possible outcome because Watson isn’t coming to Miami and outperforming his 1-2 playoff record with that line.

I guess I am going to have to say it. I am not going to be the Alabama coach. ;-)
exactly. It's funny how some people want Flo/the team to outright say "we're not trading for Watson" as if that would mean anything.

Nobody is going to tell you what they are or aren't going to do personnel-wise, and even if they do, it doesn't mean anything.

Has there ever been a Coach or GM that has?
I mean I don't have easy access to fact-finding results on the entire history of NFL coaches but yes, I am 100% certain there have been HCs that have pigeonholed themselves to blanket statements they then undid by their own actions. A perfect example is Saban the foul and his I'm not taking the Bama job and then on the following day, taking the Bama job.

Flores handled him horrribly last year. He shouldn’t have put him Until he was ready, and then once he did, he should’ve stuck with him and let him learn from his adversity. And this year it continues.
I disagree. He needs enough experience to improve. He needed every start from last year, and we can see the improvement from last year. Some of that improvement is the hip has healed, but there are other reasons for improvement.

exactly. It's funny how some people want Flo/the team to outright say "we're not trading for Watson" as if that would mean anything.

Nobody is going to tell you what they are or aren't going to do personnel-wise, and even if they do, it doesn't mean anything.
Correct. It's called strategy......which is an unknown element to many posters it sadly seems...

This is what was said about Tua per Flores.

“I think the kid is smart. I think he is tough. I think he’s talented. I think he’s accurate. I think he definitely has the opportunity to be a very good player. But there is a lot that goes into that, a lot of work from him, a lot of work from us. It doesn’t just happen over night. He knows that. We know that. There is always bumps in the road for anyone in any career, and any profession. You have to work through that adversity and become better for it. He’s already dealt with adversity with the hip, and he’s overcome it. I think he definitely has a chance to be a very good NFL player.”

“His preparation, the way he practices, the way he performs has been good. I thought he played very well last week. I think his psyche is in a good place. He’s a confident kid. He’s a tough kid. He’s really played in two games this year so we should have a lot of confidence in the way he’s played. We have a lot of confidence in him because of the way he’s played.”

Last edited:
I hear you Adam. But the words "We are Not Trading for a QB" never seemed to leave his lips...
He also didn’t say that they weren’t trading for Aaron Donald, Aaron Rogers, Derrick Henry, or any other all pro players. So I guess that means after the trade dead line the Dolphins will be loaded with all pro players.

Watson, is awesome but we aren't in position to trade 3 firsts, 3 seconds and 3rds (going off rumours). We need our draft picks. I do not want to mortgage our entire future on Watson.
They’ll never get that kind of compensation, they’re going to end up paying him to sit. We can sit and wait it out our season is over, they’re on the hook for his salary. That balloon payment is due, what do you do. Sell low…..

Hope to God this is not true. We need Deshaun Watson. This is a rare occurrence, when a pro bowl, top 5 QB in the NFL @ 25 years of age, is available in a trade.

Ya just over look the reality of the consequences he'd most likely would get from a legal stand point to a NFL stand point in which there is just as realistic possiblity that we sign him, Blow our 3 future drafts and also not even see the guy on the field for months ( possibly season) because of these penalties just as rare occurring in this deal. Think the NFL is going to just sit on its azz over this........well they are NOT ! (felt the need to help you get that question)

Tua's our guy and the sooner we truly get behind him with a coach and system that Flores is not even aware of the sooner we will see the gem we stumbled on to. Christ the guy hasn't even had one total season and people are gripping. Its like another team drafted Marino and we got stuck with an Elway or Kelly..... But here we have the advanced Football evaluators who already know what none of the professionals even know. Or just create their own reality.
Folks opportunity wise we finally scored some hope after 20 years and people want to blow it up already...
Like the guy has to be the best (and he might turn out to be) but we just need a good QB not Marino or the best in the NFL to be successful. Give him proper weapons OL RB, maybe a couple WR's that actually go out on the field on Sundays...

Oh Tua wasn't the number one very top pick QB. Yet we should throw away the 3 first rds and 2 second rds, which might be of some value to a team needing to develop. I mean THINK people....You don't have to be a rocket scientist just basic common sense and a clue to how Football works.

Grier and Flore are the one's you better hope Ross has a clue about, because if you've had your eyes open you'd see us in one of the worst situation I can remember and these two just digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Last edited:
He also didn’t say that they weren’t trading for Aaron Donald, Aaron Rogers, Derrick Henry, or any other all pro players. So I guess that means after the trade dead line the Dolphins will be loaded with all pro players.
Um sure. That's it, everyone. We're out of hyperbole tacos at Fin-Loco's taco truck. 1972 just used it all up LOL.

Are all those players on the trading block

Back
Top Bottom