Flores: Tua is Our Quarterback | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores: Tua is Our Quarterback

The average stat line for QB play against the Bills this year:

20-34 (58.3%), 180.5 yds, 5.7 YPA, .83 TD, 1.67 INT, 62.1 QB rating…2.33 sacks, 12.3 TDs lost.

When people compare Tua to Burrow and Herbert they also need to realize that the latter 2 QBs I mentioned were seniors and had an extra year in college while Tua was a junior when he came into the draft.
Burrow was a 5th year senior as well.

There was a major difference in readiness between Herbert and Burrow over Tua coming out of college.

Obviously Herbert and Burrow were not dealing with a major injury like Tua.

Herbert and Burrow also were getting 1st reps from the get go as rookies. Tua didn’t until game 7 last year.

There was a big gap between pass attempts in college between Tua and the others in college:

Herbert = 1293 pass attempts
Burrow = 945
Tua = 684

Also, a lot of Tua’s pass attempts were not under stress with the talent around him. But Miami’s OL and WR play are making up for that in the NFL.

Adding Tua’s college and NFL pass attempts = 1092 (408 NFL). That is still 201 fewer pass attempts than Herbert had in college alone.

Last edited:
Tua is definitely not the one. All the Tua supporters will regret not wanting Watson in due time. 5 years from now you all will be saying "we could of had Watson" while pro bowler Watson will be taking a team to the Super Bowl.

Tua is definitely not the one. All the Tua supporters will regret not wanting Watson in due time. 5 years from now you all will be saying "we could of had Watson" while pro bowler Watson will be taking a team to the Super Bowl.
Possibly, but also possible we all breath a sigh of relief that we didn’t waste resources on a guy who’s making license plates in prison. Regardless of Tua being successful or not.

I just don’t know how you proceed with Tua after all of this.

I just don’t know how you proceed with Tua after all of this.
We focus on:
1. Draft/trade/sign 2 quality top tier OL starters.
2. draft/sign a violent enforcer MLB
3. Draft a physical RB
4. Draft or sign (minshew) competition for Tua.
all of these things are doable and help Tua and the team.

I will never regret spending 3 1st rounders for a dude like that.

Nice to see some penetrative questions aim at Flores eventually by the press. Seems they may know something that's allowed them to grow some balls ?

No. It's not. The media are trying to pry a narrative to run with it. Flo has been consistent with what he says all the time since this *hit has been going on. Now he clarifies to the media "When I say Tua is our Quarterback I mean I am committed to him no one else barring injury." What more do they need to understand? Media likes to grab *hit and twist it to get their clicks with their lies (Mike Florio is a prick and John McClain is a prick and our beat writers are pricks). Capisci. Plus, the HC actually is not the person they should be questioning, they should be asking personnel questions to the GM who is Grier. When I was a Defensive Coordinator my HC and very good friend at my Alma Mater told me never to discuss personnel good or bad. They need to ask questions to the Dean or the NCAA of the school for allegations or misconduct regarding transfers or players who do despicable things. So, why do they keep asking questions to Flo? They want him to crack say something they can run with it and twist it to their liking. He is not cracking he knows exactly what he needs to say. He tells them since the start of the season Tua is our QB over and over. He never waivered from that. But, this time he got angry at them and explained even further. Media wants definitive and he gave them that from the start. Now to all these *ucking idiot media *ssholes who writing bull*hit and lies its because they know they got nothing. Ask *ucking Grier ask the Dumbo ears Ross. But, its tampering and they will say nothing. DICKHEAD WATSON IS NOT COMING EVER BANK IT!!!!!! I can absolutely guarantee it! If they do a stupid thing like that they know they will be in serious backlash from fans, other teams, and the media to get their clicks plus, so many will turn on them for bringing in a player with 22 allegations and 10 criminal charges against him. Watson is mediocre 28-26 in his career and we go after a prick like him what the *uck is wrong with this franchise!. Makes *ucking no sense. Fix the GOD*AMN OL!!! Fix what needs to be fixed and roll with Tua as the face of the franchise as you stated. I am not a fan of 1 player on my favorite team I am a fan of the whole entire team and the logo it represents for almost 40 years. We are fanatics of the greatest football team in sports history ever created. We should support it like we've always done WIN or LOSE from day 1. We also should petition for a new owner or kill the S.O.B. out right because he is the Mother*ucker who has *ucked this franchise over and over with his DUMBO ears and he is a former JETS fan go figure. Maybe there is a curse on us with building HRS stadium on a Native American Tribal Ground. I want success like all of you and someday we will get there but, we always have to say MAYBE NEXT YEAR is our year. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

Last edited:
You're making the same uneducated assumpsion that a good portion of Tua haters make. All Tua supporters are leg huggers.

We went through the same crap when Tannehill was drafted and listened to the Tannehill haters for his first few years.And guess who won the Tannehil debate???

Did you ever consider that a good portion of Tua fans generally haven't seen enough evidence and to decide what you " The quaterback whisperers "
the all knowing facebook experts have???

So not only have I not seen enough of Tua like many of the fans, I've seen enough of Watson to know I dont want him on my favorite team.

And while you're thinking, think about if we get Watson, and he has another slip up and gets suspened????

Watson case has to go through the legal process then the NFL decision process.The legal process due to so many
cases will drag out through this year and next. This IMO has 2021,2022 and go into possibly 2023.

So start holding your breath now for your QB Watson

The average stat line for QB play against the Bills this year:

20-34 (58.3%), 180.5 yds, 5.7 YPA, .83 TD, 1.67 INT, 62.1 QB rating…2.33 sacks, 12.3 TDs lost.
And people will **** on Tua on monday if he has a **** outing surrounded by a bottom of the league cast... No win situation.

And people will **** on Tua on monday if he has a **** outing surrounded by a bottom of the league cast... No win situation.
Maybe it's because he won't have the cushion of playing two of the lower ranked teams to get 300 yards or 4 TDs.

300 yards and 4 TDs would go a long way to quieting voices on Finheaven...but even YOU don't see that happening....do you?

Maybe it's because he won't have the cushion of playing two of the lower ranked teams to get 300 yards or 4 TDs.

300 yards and 4 TDs would go a long way to quieting voices on Finheaven...but even YOU don't see that happening....do you?
Fins QBs dont get to decide what team they play for... They play with the worst ranked OL in the NFL and a bottom 5 receiving unit at getting YAC and top 3 at drop%... Given this, the Fins offense playing against a bottom defense is about as fair as you get for a QB. When they face a top D, they just have no shot... Look at the stats @AdamD13 posted which is the average stat for a QB facing them... This is the average QB under an average offense, if you believe the Fins have an average offense outside of the QB, I simply have to assume you're either clueless or have an agenda.

Anwser this.
Do you believe the Fins have an average NFL OL?
Do you believe Waddle, Gesicki, Albert Wilson, Preston Williams, Isiah Ford, Durham Smythe makeup for an average NFL skill group?

Last edited:
Watson has been injury-prone as well that is why they traded for Tunsil as his Offensive lines have been terrible. How many plays has he had to extend over the years is what puts him on the radar for making spectacular plays out of a mess of an offense.

actually, it is possible if they would coach better and would mix in the run and execute RB screens better. Bills play fast D so roll Tua out so he can avoid a beating and run the 2-minute drill sporadically throughout the game.
Tricks plays should be considered as well. Also please punt on 4th down.

Back
Top Bottom