****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

I hate things....many things.

Each week some of the goodwill that was built over the last 9 months is slowly being chipped away. I firmly believe every college coach should be given at least 3 years as long as they are running a clean program. So I am in this for the long run, but they need to get things headed in the right direction. Leave the turnover chain/backpack crap to lesser teams down south.

I think it is more and more clear that Jimbo loved the shiny recruits and neglected too many other areas.

Each week some of the goodwill that was built over the last 9 months is slowly being chipped away. I firmly believe every college coach should be given at least 3 years as long as they are running a clean program. So I am in this for the long run, but they need to get things headed in the right direction. Leave the turnover chain/backpack crap to lesser teams down south.

I think it is more and more clear that Jimbo loved the shiny recruits and neglected too many other areas.

My biggest concern is that the offensive players look clueless and are making very sophomoric mistakes. The talent is there but the fundamentals are not. I do not like the offensive play calling either, if a handful of plays don't work then we are screwed. Also, the offensive line is a complete mess.

The defense is a work in progress. They have started slowly but adjusted well both weeks. That gives me optimism far more than Kelly ever did.

Altogether, I think Willy is far better with recruiting and relationships than tactics and game planning. He needs to get with the offensive coordinator and get things right or our ship is sunk. I'm not bailing yet but I'm not happy at all about the product on the field.

:lol:

Don't like UF or UCF?
How about surviving Syracuse before you face another powerhouse in Northern Illinois. :lol:

What is wrong with your coaching staff? I am flipping over to the FSU game when the Canes have a break and I caught a punt sequence in the 1st quarter which makes me wonder. FSU punts, a bad punt plus a decent return puts the ball on the Cuse 44 yard line. The penalty is running into the kicker which would not be enough for a 1st down but considering field position why would you not accept the penalty, take the 5 yards and try to punt it deeper?

Late hits all over the place. Horrible coaching. Your coach might not make it to year 2

What is wrong with your coaching staff? I am flipping over to the FSU game when the Canes have a break and I caught a punt sequence in the 1st quarter which makes me wonder. FSU punts, a bad punt plus a decent return puts the ball on the Cuse 44 yard line. The penalty is running into the kicker which would not be enough for a 1st down but considering field position why would you not accept the penalty, take the 5 yards and try to punt it deeper?

Late hits all over the place. Horrible coaching. Your coach might not make it to year 2

I was screaming at the TV when they declined the penalty on the punt. I've seen several horrible coaching decisions in each game so far and a complete inability to game plan or make any offensive adjustments. I was all in on Willy but I'd be totally comfortable with them firing him immediately. The defense looks decent but wears down when the offense can't hold onto the ball or score at all. Miami is going to kill FSU and Clemson will destroy us 70-0. Jimbo and Willy have destroyed this proud team in less than two years. This is pitiful.

I was screaming at the TV when they declined the penalty on the punt. I've seen several horrible coaching decisions in each game so far and a complete inability to game plan or make any offensive adjustments. I was all in on Willy but I'd be totally comfortable with them firing him immediately. The defense looks decent but wears down when the offense can't hold onto the ball or score at all. Miami is going to kill FSU and Clemson will destroy us 70-0. Jimbo and Willy have destroyed this proud team in less than two years. This is pitiful.
I could understand declining that penalty if you guys would have pinned them down inside the 10 or even if it would have gone into the endzone for a touchback but in that case....all I could say is "WTF". That is coaching 101 and that was just awful.

I watched that entire game. Taggart is awful. Almost as bad as the oline. There is no reason for all that talent to look so bad unless they aren't being put in position to succeed.

Coaches that can't adjust in-game are lame ducks. I hear some quackin.

I could understand declining that penalty if you guys would have pinned them down inside the 10 or even if it would have gone into the endzone for a touchback but in that case....all I could say is "WTF". That is coaching 101 and that was just awful.

I couldn't agree more. The punt was bad and they got a decent return, it was a textbook opportunity to re-kick. I was completely befuddled at what he was thinking.

Apparently I'm not the only one thinking Willy needs to go sooner rather than later.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...first-since-1966/ via http://cbssportsapp.com

I couldn't agree more. The punt was bad and they got a decent return, it was a textbook opportunity to re-kick. I was completely befuddled at what he was thinking.

Apparently I'm not the only one thinking Willy needs to go sooner rather than later.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...first-since-1966/ via http://cbssportsapp.com
Dam. I remember that you guys were so excited to have Taggart.

Normally I would say that FSU will rebound but after today and especially after last week Northern Illinois looks like a mighty mountain to climb. :lol:

Dam. I remember that you guys were so excited to have Taggart.

Normally I would say that FSU will rebound but after today and especially after last week Northern Illinois looks like a mighty mountain to climb. :lol:

So sad but I fully expect FSU to struggle and possibly lose to Northern Illinois.

Nah. Honestly I doubt that would happen. And if it does then your coach needs to be fired the same day. FSU should have enough talent to beat Northern Illinois.

I've seen pick up teams more organized than our offense. It's truly embarrassing.

FSU fans, is this a similar situation to when Michigan hired Rich Rod/Texas hiring Charlie Strong where the leaving coach stayed on a year or 2 too long and you have a coach coming in with such a different style that it causes issues or is this Willie being in over his head? I've said my piece on Greg Frey, and I feel like Walt Bell is a young coach that gets a lot of hype but just isn't ready yet for the big leagues.

FSU fans, is this a similar situation to when Michigan hired Rich Rod/Texas hiring Charlie Strong where the leaving coach stayed on a year or 2 too long and you have a coach coming in with such a different style that it causes issues or is this Willie being in over his head? I've said my piece on Greg Frey, and I feel like Walt Bell is a young coach that gets a lot of hype but just isn't ready yet for the big leagues.

I've never seen anything like this. It isn't a little disconnect or difference in styles, it's a complete failure of a system. FSU isn't just struggling, they are completely inept. The talent is there, maybe not for a title run, but for a strong bowl team. However, they can't even mount an effective drive. In two FBS games, they've scored 10 points and 7 were junk time once they were getting blown out. They run the same half dozen plays that are completely ineffective. To say he's in over his head is a total understatement.

Back
Top Bottom