****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

They wont, no reason other than pride for them to. You have a lot of guys going in the top 3 rounds. I am a huge fan, but I would advise them not to play. Just not worth it.

This is going to hurt recruiting and wouldn't be shocked to see MN leave in a year or two if a SEC or BIG team comes knocking.

Disney/ABC/SEC-ESPN and just turned the ACC in the a G5 conference. I know it goes to 12 next year, but other than the conference champion there probably wont be another team. But a guarantee the SEC and BIG are putting 6-8 teams in it.

FSU got steamrolled by the corporate machine, no way in hell were they not putting and SEC team in there, and when UGA lost to Bama, TX was in.
ESPN owns the SEC and they own the selection committee. Everyone with any common sense realizes this as a fact but some posters try to justify leaving out FSU simply because they weren’t a good football team until Bobby Bowden took over the program in 1976.

Going back more than 43 years to try and justify why FSU was not selected over one of the other 4 teams has to be the most absurd reason I have ever read.

That would be like someone saying that the Dolphins didn’t belong in the Super Bowl in the early 1970’s because they had only joined the league in 1966. While there were a number of teams who had been in the league a lot longer.

I guess when you don’t really have a valid excuse for something happening , just make up some BS and hope the uneducated and uninformed will buy it. Unfortunately it seems to work on a lot of people in our country

The thing you guys are omitting is you don’t have a win against a top 10 team. I’m surprised you are not #6 and UGA #5

The thing you guys are omitting is you don’t have a win against a top 10 team. I’m surprised you are not #6 and UGA #5
Keep coming up with everything you can to try to convince yourself you are right.

Also, please try and explain why the college coaches voted FSU the third best team in the nation. ahead of both Texas and Alabama.

The only reason Alabama is in the final four is because ESPN controls the selection committee. It certainly isn’t because Alabama is better than FSU.

Alabama was fortunate to beat a bad Auburn team on a lucky pass at the end of the game. That alone should have disqualified Alabama from making the Final 4.

Georgia played from behind in the vast majority of the games they played this season. The only reason they were undefeated going into the SEC championship game was because of the overall weakness of the SEC this year.

It was a down year for the SEC and them getting in a team with one loss, while FSU was undefeated is a complete travesty. I think most years the SEC is the best football conference in college football. I just don’t think they were this season.

I happen to be defending FSU because I feel they were screwed by a corrupt system. I am not a FSU fan, nor have I ever been an FSU fan. I was at the MiamI VS FSU game in Tallahassee last month and I was rooting for Miami and against FSU the entire game.

So my views have nothing to do with being a fan of the Seminoles or a fan of the ACC. My view is based entirely on what I consider to be the 4 best teams in the nation and I do not view Alabama as one of those 4 best teams.
Neither did the college coaches who did not include Alabama in their 4 best teams in their final coaches poll for the regular season.

Of course it’s easier for ESPN to pay off the small number of committee members than to pay off all the coaches who vote for the real best 4 teams. The whole system is corrupt but unfortunately the vast majority of people would rather accept corruption if it works out in their favor instead of wanting a completely fair system.

That’s seems to be the American way today and in the past several decades.

Well, I disagree with you. I don’t think FSU is even one of the 5 best teams. I think Georgia will beat them. Vegas has Georgia as a 14 point favorite.

Well, I disagree with you. I don’t think FSU is even one of the 5 best teams. I think Georgia will beat them. Vegas has Georgia as a 14 point favorite.
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. That is certainly your right.

Vegas is smart enough to know that a lot of FSU’s best players will likely not play in the game because they will sit it out to prepare for the draft.

I also understand that FSU is not the same team it was before they lost their QB, who was one of the best QB’s in college football this season.

Maybe FSU wouldn’t have been able to beat any of the teams in the playoffs with a backup QB, but they certainly deserved the opportunity based on them going undefeated during the regular season.

I think FSU has a defense that is better than Alabama and Washington’s defense and comparable to Michigan’s defense. Not giving FSU the chance to play in the Final 4 because they lost their starting QB is ridiculous.

The committee had no problem putting Ohio State in the final 4 in 2014 when they were forced to play their 3rd string QB throughout the playoffs.

As I have stated numerous times, the selection system is totally corrupt and controlled by ESPN. Obviously as a fan of Georgia and the SEC, you are fine with this corruption because it benefits your conference.

It just makes me understand that money is more important in college football than what happens on the field and makes me as a long time college football fan see no reason to care about what happens during the regular season.

I already watch less college football than I did when I was younger. After seeing how much control ESPN has over college football now, I plan to just watch the Hurricanes play next season but I have zero interest in watching any other college games anymore.

I’ll just stick to the NFL. At least in the NFL, there is no corrupt system in place to vote out a team with a better record than another team.

Don’t Georgia and FSU have players in the draft? That seems like a mutual thing to me.

You act like the other teams ahead of FSU have these amazing schedules full of top 10 wins. That's crazy! Michigan beat Ohio State and a bunch of crap. Alabama played two legit games against Georgia and Texas and lost one of those. Washington beat Oregon twice and Texas beat Alabama and lost to Oklahoma. FSU beat LSU, Clemson, Miami, Florida...all powerhouse programs with fairly recent national championships that just happened to have down years. Let's not act like FSU played some joke schedule.

Don’t Georgia and FSU have players in the draft? That seems like a mutual thing to me.
I think with Travis at QB and all the players playing in a game against Georgia, FSU would win. I just don’t think the FSU players care at all about playing in a second tier bowl game after getting screwed by ESPN.

As I pointed out, I’m not an FSU fan and I will not be watching the game. So who wins or loses is irrelevant to me. It is nothing but another meaningless bowl game as far as I am concerned.

My whole argument has been that FSU deserved to be in the final four. You disagree which I already told you is your right and I respect that right.

Enjoy the Orange Bowl game and the playoffs. As I stated earlier, I will watch the bowl game in which the Hurricanes are in simply because they are the only college team I care about. The rest of the college Bowl games and the playoffs just aren’t worth my time anymore.

Last edited:
I think with Travis at QB and all the players playing in a game against Georgia, FSU would win. I just don’t think the FSU players care at all about playing in a second tier bowl game after getting screwed by ESPN.

As I pointed out, I’m not an FSU fan and I will not be watching the game. So who wins or loses is irrelevant to me. It is nothing but another meaningless bowl game as far as I am concerned.

My whole argument has been that FSU deserved to be in the final four. You disagree which I already told you is your right and I respect that right.

Enjoy the Orange Bowl game and the playoffs. As I stated earlier, I will watch the bowl game in which the Hurricanes are in simply because they are the only college team I care about. The rest of the college Bowl games and the playoffs just aren’t worth my time anymore.
The orange bowl ain't the same since they don't play in the actual orange bowl anymore

The orange bowl ain't the same since they don't play in the actual orange bowl anymore
The old Orange Bowl was in terrible shape. The bathrooms were no better than outhouses and the food was terrible. I can’t tell you how many times I left the stadium with fiberglass in my butt from sitting on fiberglass seats that were coming apart.

Parking around the stadium was terrible and I had my car broken into 3 times over all the years I attended games in the old and dilapidated stadium.

All that being stated, I have attended football games in over 30 stadium around the country along with Hard Rock stadium. I have never been in a stadium that could get as loud and as exciting as the the Orange Bowl when the Hurricanes and Dolphins were at the top of their games.

As bad as the Orange Bowl was structurally, I still miss that old stadium and it’s too bad today’s younger fans will never get the opportunity to feel the excitement of being in that stadium.

Last edited:
The old Orange Bowl was in terrible shape. The bathrooms were no better than outhouses and the food was terrible. I can’t tell you how many times I left the stadium with fiberglass in my butt from sitting on fiberglass seats that were coming apart.

Parking around the stadium was terrible and I had my car broken into 3 times over all the years I attended games in the old and dilapidated stadium.

All that being stated, I have attended football games in over 30 stadium around the country along with Hard Rock stadium. I have never been in a stadium that could get as loud and as exciting as the the Orange Bowl when the Hurricanes and Dolphins were at the top of their games.

As bad as the Orange Bowl was structurally, I still miss that old stadium and it’s too bad a lot of todays younger fans will never get the opportunity to feel the excitement of being in that stadium.
I envy you for being there , lots of memories for me .. God bless Don Shula

Also, FSU was a joke until Bowden arrived. The ACC is also the weakest conference this year.

I'm seem to recall FSU *itching about wanting out of the ACC.

Then, to further muddy the waters, there is this little tidbit....

You act like the other teams ahead of FSU have these amazing schedules full of top 10 wins. That's crazy! Michigan beat Ohio State and a bunch of crap. Alabama played two legit games against Georgia and Texas and lost one of those. Washington beat Oregon twice and Texas beat Alabama and lost to Oklahoma. FSU beat LSU, Clemson, Miami, Florida...all powerhouse programs with fairly recent national championships that just happened to have down years. Let's not act like FSU played some joke schedule.

Agree. Yr after yr ad naseaum, Tosu, Michigan, & Penn St run wild thru a bunch of detritus & like the Sec always have a seat at the table.

Going forward, I hope UW & Oregon terrorize this conference for yrs to come

And that’s right? lol

FSU since 1990 3 national championships
Texas since 1990 1
Michigan since 1990 1
But FSU has never beaten an elite UM and won a championship in the same season. All 3 FSU championships were in UM down seasons. How many times did UM beat an elite FSU back in the rivalry's hayday?

Back
Top Bottom