****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

When was it the case ever that a 1 loss power 5 conference champ does not deserve to be in the playoff or even in a National Championship game?

When was it the case ever that an undefeated power 5 conference champ does not deserve to be in the playoff or even in a National Championship game?

You had to be joking that post I hope…

Last edited:
Name brands matter a lot. Michigan, Texas, and Alabama have so much sway.
This is the most ridiculous argument for not picking FSU I have read. The fact is there is only one of the teams in the 4 team playoff which have won more National Championships than FSU in the last 30 years , Alabama.

FSU has won 3 national championships over that period of time, while none of the other three teams have won that many championships over that period of time.

If it’s about name brands, FSU should be in over Washington. I will assure you a lot more people know far more about FSU football than they know about Washington football.

Name brand shouldn’t factor into the selection at all. Alabama already played one of the final 4 teams this season and they lost on their home field to Texas. That should have been the only criteria and not name brand.

I used to love college football but politics like this selection has made me no longer care about the sport anymore.

I will watch the University of Miami play Rutgers in their bowl game because I have been a UM fan since moving to South Florida in 1961. Otherwise I have no interest in watching any other bowl game this year, including the final 4 games.

To me, the 4 best teams are not playing for the championship because Alabama was selected and FSU wasn’t. Also the fact the games are on ESPN gives me another reason to skip the games this year. I believe ESPN used their financial influence to convince the committee to select Alabama over FSU.

Enjoy watching the “brand name teams”. As for me, I have plenty of other things to do than watch this rigged 4 team BS.

Last edited:
So much anger, they were never going to exclude the SEC

Also, FSU was a joke until Bowden arrived. The ACC is also the weakest conference this year.

So much anger, they were never going to exclude the SEC
I am not a FSU fan. The fact they were never going to exclude the SEC is exactly what’s wrong with college football. As I pointed out earlier, Alabama played Texas on their home field and lost. That right there should have been enough to exclude Alabama from making the final 4.

It doesn’t matter one bit what kind of football history FSU had before Bobby Bowden. They have still won more national championships in the past 30 years than any of the rigged final 4 teams except for Alabama.

Bringing up what happened more than 30 years ago is just a weak argument for someone who obviously knows FSU deserves to be in the final 4 and Alabama doesn’t.

Neither Alabama or Texas deserve to be in over FSU and the college coaches recognized this fact when they voted after this past weekend to put FSU third in the coaches final regular season poll.

You keep defending the selection of an SEC team but you failed to state why Washington should have been selected over FSU. They both went undefeated in their conferences and the conference Washington played is was no stronger than the ACC this past season.

Two wins over Oregon means nothing when you consider the fact both Oregon and Washington played extremely weak schedules this past season.

The fact is FSU should be in the championship tournament and Alabama or Washington shouldn’t be

Your argument about what FSU was as a football school more than 30 years ago is no more than asinine reasoning from someone who knows he’s wrong but has no legitimate reason to exclude FSU from the finale 4.

Based on your logic that only teams with a long history in the sport should get preference in the final four. Yale and Princeton both should be in the final 4 every year. They have been playing football longer than any of the 4 schools in the final 4 and they both have more national championships in history than every team in the final 4 except maybe Alabama.

See how ridiculous it is to base this years selection on how long a college has been playing football?

Last edited:
I hope FSU beats Georgia, while Texas or Alabama win out.

This way, FSU ends up as the only undefeated team, and the CFP can look like a complete joke.

I hope FSU beats Georgia, while Texas or Alabama win out.

This way, FSU ends up as the only undefeated team, and the CFP can look like a complete joke.
Unfortunately I think a lot of the FSU players who are leaving to play in the NFL will not play in the game. They have nothing to gain by playing in a meaningless game but a lot to lose if they get a serious injury in the game.

Personally I think FSU should boycott the game but I know realistically that isn’t going to happen.

The PAC may have been the best conference this year with the SEC #2

The PAC may have been the best conference this year with the SEC #2
Your opinion but obviously not shared by the college coaches who voted FSU the third best team in the nation after the regular season was over.

You can keep arguing your foolishness if it makes you happy but I think the college coaches know a heck of a lot more about how to rank teams than some rigged committee and ESPN do.

Enjoy watching the rigged final 4. While I will not watch, I will be rooting for Michigan because they are really the only team that deserves to be rated above FSU, IMO.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the FSU players who are leaving to play in the NFL will not play in the game. They have nothing to gain by playing in a meaningless game but a lot to lose if they get a serious injury in the game.

Personally I think FSU should boycott the game but I know realistically that isn’t going to happen.
They wont, no reason other than pride for them to. You have a lot of guys going in the top 3 rounds. I am a huge fan, but I would advise them not to play. Just not worth it.

This is going to hurt recruiting and wouldn't be shocked to see MN leave in a year or two if a SEC or BIG team comes knocking.

Disney/ABC/SEC-ESPN and just turned the ACC in the a G5 conference. I know it goes to 12 next year, but other than the conference champion there probably wont be another team. But a guarantee the SEC and BIG are putting 6-8 teams in it.

FSU got steamrolled by the corporate machine, no way in hell were they not putting and SEC team in there, and when UGA lost to Bama, TX was in.

Back
Top Bottom