****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

Voters punished the Noles for losing the QB to injury. It was the right decision. It's not the same team.

Voters punished the Noles for losing the QB to injury. It was the right decision. It's not the same team.
OSU won with a third string QB, they should have had the chance.

So by this methodology JT should be the hands down Heisman winner correct? I mean if he carried an undefeated P5 conference champion on his shoulders, there's no question right?

OSU won with a third string QB, they should have had the chance.

So by this methodology JT should be the hands down Heisman winner correct? I mean if he carried an undefeated P5 conference champion on his shoulders, there's no question right?
True but OSU played their best game of the year in the B1G Championship that year with the 3rd string QB. It still sucks though.

If you live simply by the 4 “best teams” then yea. But that’s a slippery slope that cannot be the singular thought process because it makes the season irrelevant. Just say you’re going to judge the conference championship games only and that’s all that matters. Then this decision makes sense. College football doesn’t want that. They want every game to matter. Just make it like the nfl then.

If FSU is the best then they should beat Georgia in the Orange Bowl. Good luck to you.

If FSU is the best then they should beat Georgia in the Orange Bowl. Good luck to you.
Most of the best players on FSU who are draft eligible likely won’t play in the game and no one can blame them. The Bowl game means absolutely nothing to those players.

They did what they were expected to do during the regular season and ended up getting screwed over with the selection of two teams that lost games during the season.

I hope Michigan and Washington win against Alabama and Texas because they actually deserve to be in the playoffs while Alabama doesn’t after already losing to Texas earlier in the season.

FSU deserved to be in the final 4 but we all know that ESPN owns the selection committee and ESPN wanted Texas and Alabama and not FSU.

If you live simply by the 4 “best teams” then yea. But that’s a slippery slope that cannot be the singular thought process because it makes the season irrelevant. Just say you’re going to judge the conference championship games only and that’s all that matters. Then this decision makes sense. College football doesn’t want that. They want every game to matter. Just make it like the nfl then.

Noles won the conference. It's not about that.
It has always been the case that teams must impress the voters. Must impress the voters, it has been like that for decades.
Voters were not impressed, and I was not either. It sucks for all those players who put so much into this season and went 13-0. But, they lost their QB and voters were not impressed.

Noles won the conference. It's not about that.
It has always been the case that teams must impress the voters. Must impress the voters, it has been like that for decades.
Voters were not impressed, and I was not either. It sucks for all those players who put so much into this season and went 13-0. But, they lost their QB and voters were not impressed.

The voters were impressed enough to put them at 4. It was the committee that decided. Like I said, extremely flawed system. Has been forever. Luckily for them it’s going to 12 or we’d have to burn this bitch down.

Let’s say Alabama lost first two games, then all sudden Milroe figured it out and wins the rest of the games by 50, including beating Georgia. You got to put them in right as one of the 4 best? If you’re saying 4 best only, losses and wins early in the mean nothing. Slippery slope designed to let them put in who they want vs who played the season and deserves it.

Name brands matter a lot. Michigan, Texas, and Alabama have so much sway.

Normally the team with the biggest chip on their shoulder wins this type of game and who knows who actually plays. I would not bet against Florida State.

Normally the team with the biggest chip on their shoulder wins this type of game and who knows who actually plays. I would not bet against Florida State.

FSU will probably be playing their 2nd string QB, be without their top 2 wideouts and top RB on offense. And their best overall player on the team in Verse. This game is a sham and will mean nothing. But idiots will point to the final score and say “SEE!”

If UGA has same mass exodus, then FSU might have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom