****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

I'm a Cane fan but I'm rooting for FSU for the sake of chaos. After what happened in the SEC championship, if FSU and Michigan both win their games the playoff committee is ROYALLY ****ED.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ On one hand, there's no way they can leave any of the undefeated teams out, but on the other hand, how can you not put Georgia AND Alabama in? Michigan is gonna win and FSU is probably gonna win. Also, somehow Texas and one other team are in the mix. Texas because they beat Alabama. But there's too many teams ahead of them. The fairEST(with the emphasis on EST), but not completely fair thing to do is to put the 3 unbeaten teams in and Alabama because Alabama won the game against Georgia. It's far from fair, but its the closest you can get.T

The playoff comittee is on suicide watch if FSU wins.

Last edited:
I'm a Cane fan but I'm rooting for FSU for the sake of chaos. After what happened in the SEC championship, if FSU and Michigan both win their games the playoff committee is ROYALLY ****ED.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ On one hand, there's no way they can leave any of the undefeated teams out, but on the other hand, how can you not put Georgia AND Alabama in? Michigan is gonna win and FSU is probably gonna win. Also, somehow Texas and one other team are in the mix. The fairEST(with the emphasis on EST), but not completely fair thing to do is to put the 3 unbeaten teams in and Alabama because Alabama won the game against Georgia. It's far from fair, but its the closest you can get.

On top that you are forgetting that Bamas 1 lose was against Texas so how can you put Bama in over Texas?

I'm a Cane fan but I'm rooting for FSU for the sake of chaos. After what happened in the SEC championship, if FSU and Michigan both win their games the playoff committee is ROYALLY ****ED.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ On one hand, there's no way they can leave any of the undefeated teams out, but on the other hand, how can you not put Georgia AND Alabama in? Michigan is gonna win and FSU is probably gonna win. Also, somehow Texas and one other team are in the mix. Texas because they beat Alabama. But there's too many teams ahead of them. The fairEST(with the emphasis on EST), but not completely fair thing to do is to put the 3 unbeaten teams in and Alabama because Alabama won the game against Georgia. It's far from fair, but its the closest you can get.T

Hmm seems you edit your post since I pointed out the Texas beat Bama already so would you put Bama in over Texas?

If their is a team that's gonna be left out it will be FSU and the committee will use the excuse of FSU QB being injured. Which would not happen if it was a SEC team. If an SEC star player gets injured it would not effect the ranking of the team or it's playoffs standing. So should it not effect FSU. Routing for you FSU. Grats on the undeafted season. Routing for you to make the playoffs. If Bama gets in over you it would be WRONG! And this is coming from a SEC fan we took on the chin this year! But next year the playoffs expands!!

Hmm seems you edit your post since I pointed out the Texas beat Bama already so would you put Bama in over Texas?
I did that because originally I knew that Texas was still in the mix but wasn't sure why. After I knew why, I fixed the post. As for your question, I have no idea. There's probably no completely right answer.

If their is a team that's gonna be left out it will be FSU and the committee will use the excuse of FSU QB being injured. Which would not happen if it was a SEC team. If an SEC star player gets injured it would not effect the ranking of the team or it's playoffs standing. So should it not effect FSU. Routing for you FSU. Grats on the undeafted season. Routing for you to make the playoffs. If Bama gets in over you it would be WRONG! And this is coming from a SEC fan we took on the chin this year! But next year the playoffs expands!!
I think that's exactly what could happen. I just mentioned it in the Alabama thread. The committee will all but strangle itself while contorting rationale to include the SEC team. Texas has tremendous influence so they are safe. The committee won't fear Florida State. In fact, the Florida State coach did a very poor job tonight by speaking on the defensive after the game. It screamed of vulnerability. That would never happen with a more veteran head coach at someplace like Ohio State. That coach would all but threaten the committee to stick to its stated criteria, and shun subjectivity.

If I'm being honest there were two other occasions in which Florida State suffered late season quarterback injuries but played in the championship game. Neither example worked out well for the Seminoles. They were trounced by Florida in 1996 and lost a close game to Tennessee in 1998.

It would likely play out the same way this time, albeit in the semifinal. Many of those committee members are likely same age range as myself and remember those examples.

Regardless, I hope they do the right thing and take the three unbeaten plus Texas.

Total BS...that should be ashamed to look at themselves in the mirror Wonder how much the pocketed from the SEC to make that call?
Its not even just bama though, no one is talking about Texas getting in with a loss.

We arent talking about Boise fing State going undefeated here.

Undefeated ACC champ getting snubbed is a ****ing travesty.

Back
Top Bottom