Flynn to Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flynn to Miami

For all the people hating on the potential acquisition of Flynn, it's not like we have much choice at this point. Either you roll with Flynn or draft a QB or both. Either way, no one is a guaranteed stud like Manning so we have to give the guy a shot. Moore is a solid back-up so I hope Flynn can get here. Him knowing the offense means that we can at least come out of the gate and score points. We don't have to wait until week 5 until he gets comfortable.

Now can we please bring in at least two 6'2 210 WRs to catch the ball?

Sorry, but you are way off base here. Most of us have been huge fans of the Dolphins for many years, just like you. That doesn't make you special and it sure as hell doesn't make your opinion more valid than the next guy.

arr yuu strykknn frrm the theetrrr tuudeyy chssnn sneekss?...lol

For all the people hating on the potential acquisition of Flynn, it's not like we have much choice at this point. Either you roll with Flynn or draft a QB or both. Either way, no one is a guaranteed stud like Manning so we have to give the guy a shot. Moore is a solid back-up so I hope Flynn can get here. Him knowing the offense means that we can at least come out of the gate and score points. We don't have to wait until week 5 until he gets comfortable.

Now can we please bring in at least two 6'2 210 WR to catch the ball?

If we go under the assumption that Miami will bring in receivers similar to what Green Bay's got to run that offense, then my guess is that we're not going to be going after the athletic freaks.

Please tell me we DON'T sign him!!

Please give me the name of 1 other QB we can get this year who already knows the system, the terminology, and can step in and start immediately.

Please do not say Tannehill (he is at least 2 years away from NFL starting material)

If we go under the assumption that Miami will bring in receivers similar to what Green Bay's got to run that offense, then my guess is that we're not going to be going after the athletic freaks.
Most were around 6 ft 190 lb Donald Driver size with speed and great route runners. Bess and Harline might suprise in the WC offense.

As long as we draft smart we will be ok. There are a lot of solid WRs in this draft. I honestly don't follow college football all that much, but who would be better for our new system, Floyd or Blackmon?

Please give me the name of 1 other QB we can get this year who already knows the system, the terminology, and can step in and start immediately.

Please do not say Tannehill (he is at least 2 years away from NFL starting material)

Good points, all!! No brainer!!

And we can take a crap shoot on a QB Prospect for no draft picks & only some salary cap ... which is no big deal as we aren't going to the SB, thus our mission is looking for a QB & play makers for the future.

I have no idea how Flynn will do, but he's a 'free' Prospect & we won't find a QB without looking.

Philbin may have a hunch, but NFL experts are commonly wrong pro & con. Thus, Miami, Philbin, the fans, & even Flynn ... have no idea HOW FAR he can CLIMB the QB Learning Curve. Every QB has long odds. Watching football for years ... that's just the way it is!! Marino was the 5th & Last QB drafted in the 1st round!!

you mean Philbin was only giving Manning a "courtesy" meeting? Weren't people saying it was the other way around? lol

If Philbin thought that highly of Flynn, Flynn would have never been a fall back option...

You know, no body is mentioning the obvious. Only Ross wanted Manning. He told Ireland and Philbin, "get me that guy". I don't think Ireland and Philbin wanted him.

That's the problem... There is none! We're screwed at QB this year. Flynn's not the answer, just another mediocre QB that might get us a 8-8 record, like we've had so many in the last 10 years!

I would like a Manningham signing after this one. High pick/Manningham/Bess/Hartline/Gates should give Flynn enough to succeed. And, if we still have any money, sign Winston.

That's the problem... There is none! We're screwed at QB this year. Flynn's not the answer, just another mediocre QB that might get us a 8-8 record, like we've had so many in the last 10 years!

All assumption on your part. Nobody really know how he will turn out. Your stating your opinion as fact. Just as the bandwagogners. Then there are us more even keeled folks that take a wait and see approach. Your entitled to go negative though.

All assumption on your part. Nobody really know how he will turn out. Your stating your opinion as fact. Just as the bandwagogners. Then there are us more even keeled folks that take a wait and see approach. Your entitled to go negative though.

I know... Of course I am just stating my opinion here... Only time will tell if he IS a decent QB in the NFL or not, I just don't think he is. If we pick him up, I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom