Football is not life | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football is not life

To add fuel to the fire.... she hates Miami and is a Giants fan ( follows loosely ), only time she roots for Miami is if they play the Jets.

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.

Tell her you don't have anything in your closet that makes you feel sexy and confident when you go out. If she doesn't immediately acquiesce, accuse her of not caring and never listening. Finish by saying "do what you want" and then slam the bedroom door. Proceed to not leave the bed and then when she comes in and has a look of "why aren't you dressed" on your her face, give her the most evil, vile, hate-filled stink eye you can muster.

You are welcome.

Tell her you don't have anything in your closet that makes you feel sexy and confident when you go out. If she doesn't immediately acquiesce, accuse her of not caring and never listening. Finish by saying "do what you want" and then slam the bedroom door. Proceed to not leave the bed and then when she comes in and has a look of "why aren't you dressed" on your her face, give her the most evil, vile, hate-filled stink eye you can muster.

You are welcome

Sounds like all my Sundays will be free and I will save a lot of money by not getting married.....BRILLIANT !!

Gf comes and goes. Tua first game will never happens again. Your choice bro.

I hear ya man. My wife and I are taking a weekend trip to Gettysburgh. I said we needed to get up early Sunday to be back for 1:00 because of Tua and the game. She wants to have a relaxing morning back with some shopping. I just can't have that. No sure how this is going to go. lol

My woman would not dare do this without providing a very looooooooong list of things she plan to do to make me get over it. I'm talking a 'get out of jail' book of coupons that is thick as a bible.

I'm only married 6 years now but I made it clear from day 1 how important football was. Doesn't matter, she still gets mad when I bypass a "family sunday" for football. I'm always sorry but I never cave.

Ironically when we first met she knew I was a football nut so she told me she loved football too, more specifically the NYG as she's originally from North Jersey. I was stoked, the Giants helped preserve our undefeated season and beat New England twice in super bowls, wonderful I thought. She doesn't actually want to watch the Giants games though, whenever I put on a Giants game she tells me to change it, I'm like WTF you lied to me? No, she didn't lie, she is a Giants fan, she's just not a fan of football. WTF.

She already knows not to bother me during draft time. Everyone knows not to bother me during draft season.

My reinforcements are coming though, my boys are almost 4 and almost 1. I need their help desperately.

I hear you. My wife's bday is Sunday. I have a similar issue. Already told her we need to do a blowout on Sat so I can be free for the game on Sun. I might DVR it if I absolutely cannot wiggle free without being a dick.

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.
Tell her you were exposed to Covid and self-quarantine for two weeks. Buy lots of beer (in your case soft drinks, you sir and I will agree to disagree here lol) and snacks first however, two weeks off, all the football you can watch and you are being socially responsible so there is no way she can throw that back at you :up:

I'm here all day folks. Let me fix it for ya!

Dude, I feel your pain. Gonna have to DVR and not look at your cell phone. I'm sure I'm a lot older than you. Have grandchildren coming over Saturday night for Halloween. Some will probably spend the night. I'm telling their parents they need to come get them on Sunday morning no questions asked. It's the Tua time. I will tell you, it doesn't get better after 20+ years of marriage, the wife still complains about football. Whatever, Sunday (and Canes on Sat) is my time. Good luck.
Make some bourbon balls, give them a snoot full and they should be to sleep by 9pm. You get your rest, they sleep in and Sunday is Tua time.

I hear you. My wife's bday is Sunday. I have a similar issue. Already told her we need to do a blowout on Sat so I can be free for the game on Sun. I might DVR it if I absolutely cannot wiggle free without being a dick.
No need to be a dick but it might cost ya! Find a nice restaurant she likes, make the reservation for Saturday night and tell her, "I want you to be able to enjoy the night and have a day to relax". Go right now and buy her a massage on Sunday for 1pm (make it a 90min). Saturday is dinner and "us time" then Sunday morning make her some breakfast (in bed if you really want to kiss-ass) and maybe some mimosas and send her on her way to the spa for some "her time".

Watch your game.

No need to be a dick but it might cost ya! Find a nice restaurant she likes, make the reservation for Saturday night and tell her, "I want you to be able to enjoy the night and have a day to relax". Go right now and buy here a massage on Sunday for 1pm (make it a 90min). Saturday is dinner and "us time" then Sunday morning make her some breakfast (in bed if you really want to kiss-***) and maybe some mimosas and send her on her way to the spa for some "her time".

Watch your game.
Yeah, it's more like have Grouper sandwiches for lunch on Saturday at the Island Gipsy on the water in Isle of Capri then Indian food for dinner from a great nearby place Lamb Rogen Josh and then a super brunch before the game.

Back
Top Bottom