Football is not life | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football is not life

Communication...
A couple needs to speak with one another (in private) before scheduling events.
Some people need some practice in doing this.

Good luck from Reverend Feverdream.

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.
Tell her to **** off and die. I would

Like a few others here, I was married 17 years ago I made it clear DO NOT MAKE PLANS FOR ME ON NFL SUNDAYS. And I never cave in. I got my way and my wife knows better. You just need to train them and they will abide.

Your problem is that your wife should know about your Dolphins addiction and support it. My wife knows never to plan anything with me involved when the Dolphins are playing. But, I do have to compromise later of course.....which could involve me entertaining my 3 kids solo for an entire day.

Ya bro, you gotta put your foot down or she will walk all over you.

Let her do a "Girls day" or just get them roaring drunk Saturday night and you'll be fine.

She's already made changes to the plans..... she " seemed " to be OK with it. I'll deal with the consequences later. Although, these stories and the plethora of advice is good and bad is hilarious.

Yeah, like you it's been 16 years for me. I choose not to fight many battles so I win the 16 or more on Sunday's in the fall and winter...LOL
yes sir, I set those Sunday ground rules a long time ago...now she doesn't even ask it's "are the Dolphins playing on Sunday"?

My wife of 47 years has never been a football fan. In all those years I have never seen her sit in front of a TV and watch a game. Yet she has attended over 300 Dolphin games, home and away over those 47 plus years. She also has gone to over 200 University of Miami games during that time.

Even though she really has no interest in football on TV, she has always enjoyed going to the games and traveling to the different stadiums around the country and to London when we went there for a Dolphin game. She has never made plans for us during a Dolphin or Hurricane football game which would have meant I was unable to watch the games on TV if it was a game which was away and we weren’t traveling to the game.

The only game in the last 47 years that my wife caused me to miss is when she went into labor and had our daughter on a Sunday afternoon and I was at the hospital instead of at the stadium to watch the Dolphins play the Chargers 43 years ago. Since I was responsible for putting her into that situation I certainly understood having our daughter was far more important than missing a football game.

OP, it's her friend flying in Thu, not yours. Suggest that the two of them do something on Sunday without you. You'll have had three days with them.
Oh my dear FinFriend. If only it made that much sense in woman's mind. I tried to play that card already and it was shot down. I will say, over the last 3 year I have not missed a games unless I was driving back from Florida and even then it was streaming on my phone. So it was dumb luck or she just left me alone, who knows which.

My wife of 47 years has never been a football fan. In all those years I have never seen her sit in front of a TV and watch a game. Yet she has attended over 300 Dolphin games, home and away over those 47 plus years. She also has gone to over 200 University of Miami games during that time.

Even though she really has no interest in football on TV, she has always enjoyed going to the games and traveling to the different stadiums around the country and to London when we went there for a Dolphin game. She has never made plans for us during a Dolphin or Hurricane football game which would have meant I was unable to watch the games on TV if it was a game which was away and we weren’t traveling to the game.

The only game in the last 47 years that my wife caused me to miss is when she went into labor and had our daughter on a Sunday afternoon and I was at the hospital instead of at the stadium to watch the Dolphins play the Chargers 43 years ago. Since I was responsible for putting her into that situation I certainly understood having our daughter was far more important than missing a football game.
No TV at the hospital ?

Dude, I feel your pain. Gonna have to DVR and not look at your cell phone. I'm sure I'm a lot older than you. Have grandchildren coming over Saturday night for Halloween. Some will probably spend the night. I'm telling their parents they need to come get them on Sunday morning no questions asked. It's the Tua time. I will tell you, it doesn't get better after 20+ years of marriage, the wife still complains about football. Whatever, Sunday (and Canes on Sat) is my time. Good luck.
Lol, my daughter has 2 kids and I told her one time when I picked them up on a Saturday during football season "I am dropping them off at 12 tomorrow whether you are home or not." What do you mean she asked, and I said... "Football starts at 1, I will be there at 12. If you are home I will gladly bring them in, give you a hug and tell you bye. If you are not home they will be waiting on the porch when you get there." She was home when I got there the next day...

Back
Top Bottom