Football is not life | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football is not life

They keep score , trust me you will be penalized more than an Adam Gase coached team at a later date for this infraction. I suspect you already know that. My chick left me two years ago because of my Dolphin sickness. I'd miss Tua's first start in a heartbeat if I could those big, beautiful b ( . ) ( . ) bs one more time

These stories are so great...
My ex wife professed to be a football fan(Cowboys...) but never once in 21 years actually sat and watched a game with me. My son plays football, and she goes to those. Sometimes.
My current GF buys me Dolphins apparel, asks about the draft, and follows things on facebook and news outlets, and when I met her she didn't know what a first down was.
And when she saw that pic of Tua sitting alone at midfield she instantly wanted to adopt him.

I've been married 20 years, I lose many battles but Football on SUNDAYS isn't one of them...especially a day like this one. GL
Yeah, like you it's been 16 years for me. I choose not to fight many battles so I win the 16 or more on Sunday's in the fall and winter...LOL

How bout this....give her a good fukk Saturday night. Wake up Sunday morning with major back pain.

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.
There will be other women. Only one Miami Dolphin team.

Dude, I feel your pain. Gonna have to DVR and not look at your cell phone. I'm sure I'm a lot older than you. Have grandchildren coming over Saturday night for Halloween. Some will probably spend the night. I'm telling their parents they need to come get them on Sunday morning no questions asked. It's the Tua time. I will tell you, it doesn't get better after 20+ years of marriage, the wife still complains about football. Whatever, Sunday (and Canes on Sat) is my time. Good luck.
My wife complains. Now, just does it to her new husband.

I do this very same thing quite a bit. Works out really nice and allows me to do other things.
I've had to do it a couple times.

Nerve wracking not to hear spoilers by accident right up until you press "play."

(And I hate not being able to keep up with my fantasy league all day).

I am really enjoying this thread! I am not only a huge Fins fan but also a Georgia alumni so I was very transparent at the beginning of my relationship with my wife that I need the weekends in the fall for football. The occasional fights occur but hell, even her mom now asks about game times when scheduling things to make sure I will be there.

If I had to give a serious suggestion, I would say compromise. So maybe do everything they want Thursday-Saturday and even get brunch before the game on Sunday so they can let you watch the game. Hell, buy some flowers too.

I'm only married 6 years now but I made it clear from day 1 how important football was. Doesn't matter, she still gets mad when I bypass a "family sunday" for football. I'm always sorry but I never cave.

Ironically when we first met she knew I was a football nut so she told me she loved football too, more specifically the NYG as she's originally from North Jersey. I was stoked, the Giants helped preserve our undefeated season and beat New England twice in super bowls, wonderful I thought. She doesn't actually want to watch the Giants games though, whenever I put on a Giants game she tells me to change it, I'm like WTF you lied to me? No, she didn't lie, she is a Giants fan, she's just not a fan of football. WTF.

She already knows not to bother me during draft time. Everyone knows not to bother me during draft season.

My reinforcements are coming though, my boys are almost 4 and almost 1. I need their help desperately.
Been married 20 years, took a little while but my wife understands how much watching the game means. Asks most weeks what time they’re on. It also helps my oldest son is into the games also now.
Wasn’t always that way though. My family planned a surprise 1 year anniversary party for us in September 2001. My wife was pissed I spent 3/4 of the party watching the Phins vs Raiders. It was the first game after 9/11 when Fieldler dove in for the win. See I remember that more than the party ;)
As most have said, she will probably be a little mad, but I am sure she understands it’s Tua’s debut and if not, there will be other women :chuckle:

Been married a little over 16 months, and the good news is my wife loves the NFL and Sundays on the couch are just as important to her as they are to me. The bad news for me though is she is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. ? Living in Pennsylvania every Steelers game is on TV and I am lucky if I get the Fins locally here ever. My parents have DirecTV and got Sunday Ticket for free this year so they gave me their mobile login so I do get to watch every game this season which I feel blessed to have. The cool thing is since I have a Samsung phone and TV, I can mirror my screen and it is like watching a regular TV broadcast. Of course, if the Steelers are playing at the same time, I have to watch on my phone lol. Better to lose these battles as long as I can still see my Fins on Sundays.

Last week my wife texted me, "Mom wants us to go over for a family dinner at 2pm on Sunday Nov 1st. Also it's my sisters bday the 28th so a combo dinner".... I responded, "Not ****in happening, Tua's 1st game. Sorry."

I figured I'd get a ton of backlash but I did not care... In the end, she didn't care and apparently didn't want to go either lol.

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.
Footbal isn’t life, but it’s the most important of life’s non important things.
Pony up and pay for her and her friend to go to a spa or something for the day, on strict instructions they don’t return until after the game finishes.

Back
Top Bottom