Football is not life | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football is not life

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.
Good post bro but unless you’re punching well above your weight ;-) stand your ground.

ps Football is not a matter of life or death, it is more important than that. Bill Shankly

Can't DVR it, I live in NC and have to watch by ahem....alternative means.

Im ****ing torn too, i live near Charlotte and was hoping we'd luck up and get the game since panthers play tonight. nope stupide ass GB vs Minn. Unsure if i want to go my traditional route of viewing, or go to a bar so i know i have a great live feed, but will have to deal with the wife complaining cause i drank $100 in beer and spent about $30 on grub. Used to, the only thing that put any kind of pause in my drinking at bars was smoking, but since you cant do that indoors, i wouldnt risk missing a series to go outside to smoke

Im ****ing torn too, i live near Charlotte and was hoping we'd luck up and get the game since panthers play tonight. nope stupide *** GB vs Minn. Unsure if i want to go my traditional route of viewing, or go to a bar so i know i have a great live feed, but will have to deal with the wife complaining cause i drank $100 in beer and spent about $30 on grub. Used to, the only thing that put any kind of pause in my drinking at bars was smoking, but since you cant do that indoors, i wouldnt risk missing a series to go outside to smoke

I live up in the Greensboro area here, not any good Sports bars to watch near me. Now get this, I was watching some Tua stuff on Youtube and the woman sees it and asks who that is.... I tell her and she is like, wow...he's cute. Well, a few hours later she tells me......maybe me and Nicole will stay in Sunday and we can all go out to dinner Sunday night. WTH..... I guess it's worth her getting a little crush on Tua so we both get what we want.

You have the frame Sunday’s as an opportunity for your wife to do her thing. Been married 7 years and it’s never been an issue since she realized she can go to the stores I don’t like or go eat lunch with her girlfriends....stuff like that. It’s an opportunity for her, not a loss of you.

I just get the eye roll and "Dios...." now. And the occasional "You've brainwashed our sons...."

I live up in the Greensboro area here, not any good Sports bars to watch near me. Now get this, I was watching some Tua stuff on Youtube and the woman sees it and asks who that is.... I tell her and she is like, wow...he's cute. Well, a few hours later she tells me......maybe me and Nicole will stay in Sunday and we can all go out to dinner Sunday night. WTH..... I guess it's worth her getting a little crush on Tua so we both get what we want.

meh that brought up bad memories. My mom always talking about how fine Marino was and how she liked when the white pants were wet and just had the jock strap under neath

Sometimes You Gotta Do, Whatcha Gotta Do.....and by that, I Mean Watchin Tua. Hopefully, He’s the Deal. Been Waiting 4ever for THIS!!! Praying Our Boys Keep Him Upright, and that He Makes Us Proud. Im even OK with an “L” if He makes it out of this Healthy, and the Salivating Rumors are True. FIN4LIFE!!!

My first wife was as big a Dolphin as I am. (Orange Bowl days)
My second wife...well lets say she is ****ing gone! (Joe Robbie stadium days)

My third wife of 28 years understands how important the Dolphin games are to me.
I told her even before we married to never, ever make and plans on Sundays during football season.
I told my family to never die and have funeral services on game day or game night.

Up to this point, I have not missed a Dolphin game since their inception.

OP. Women come and go. Dolphins football will always be.

I'll never forget that sports illustrated shot of him with his arm raised.
I have that SI cover framed in my mancave- which my son has taken over.
But I will re-take as soon as this COVID ends and he goes off to college.

I have that SI cover framed in my mancave- which my son has taken over.
But I will re-take as soon as this COVID ends and he goes off to college.

You should see my mancave. I got a crib, diaper changing station, child's dresser and animals decor everywhere. Oh wait, it's a nursery now.

My mancave is now the bathroom for about 30 minutes a day.

You should see my mancave. I got a crib, diaper changing station, child's dresser and animals decor everywhere. Oh wait, it's a nursery now.

My mancave is now the bathroom for about 30 minutes a day.
:cry:cry But those days when they're little...they are good days, even when they don't feel like it.

My first wife was as big a Dolphin as I am. (Orange Bowl days)
My second wife...well lets say she is ****ing gone! (Joe Robbie stadium days)

My third wife of 28 years understands how important the Dolphin games are to me.
I told her even before we married to never, ever make and plans on Sundays during football season.
I told my family to never die and have funeral services on game day or game night.

Up to this point, I have not missed a Dolphin game since their inception.

OP. Women come and go. Dolphins football will always be.
Women come and go but in your case lots of women come and go

How do you get married three times? Man once is enough for me and it’s been 25 years now and if she goes I’m gonna download one of those apps the young ones have and hit that until I die. No second wedding for me no sir no way

Back
Top Bottom