for all the harrington supporters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

for all the harrington supporters

Brown42000 said:
Joey did good and if weren't for Chambers stumbling in the endzone in the first quarter he would have caught that pass and then there was that pass to Booker when he went out at the 1 but it was called back because of a holding penalty. Did you see that field? It was all mud it would have been really hard to make a 52 yard field goal on that field.
Give me a break. Let's just give Harrington 6 "what if" TDs.

harrington had 1 bad decission that cost us and that was the int in the first half he hesitated and that allowed the corner to move into a position to int the ball the second one wasnt a great throw but sometime the ball cant be in the recievers bread basket because there is a defender on him he put the ball in a place to be caught where he thought the defender didnt have a play on it and just got unlucky that the ball was tipped right into samuels hands who didnt even realize it hit him for about 3 seconds

he didnt have that bad a game and actualy kept it pretty close penalties were the biggest wall we hit that game we would get momentum than holding

miadolfan054 said:
i hope you enjoyed it, while the defense plays their hearts out and keeps the #2 rushing offense in the league, and tom brady to almost no yards, harrington goes and blows the game. we need someone who can make plays.

what was with the play calling. is a 52 yarder impossible, this is the NFL people. why are we punting on the 35 yard line? what a joke.

and how many plays did we have over 25 yards? NONE. seriously harrington looked good because of the short little slants. sweet he completed a few passes. we cant go down the field, when we need him to make a play, he over throws them. when we need a crucial 3rd down to move the chains, he is horrible period.

DAUNTE IS THE ANSWER. joey harrington did his best as a backup, but lets get real people, daunte is the future.

Another ridiculous post.

The guy(Brown) hits the hole too slow stutter stepping,hes not smooth like Ricky Williams,you cant win with your top rb getting 2.o ypc.

Joe Flipper said:
WHAT HAS THIS GUY DONE...............nothing !!! :tantrum:

If the guy was doing nothing with an actual hole to run through I'd be blaming him...

Our O-line is probably the worst in the league. I don't care who it is, you can't gain yards running into a brick ****ing wall every ****ing down.

unifiedtheory said:
If the guy was doing nothing with an actual hole to run through I'd be blaming him...

Our O-line is probably the worst in the league. I don't care who it is, you can't gain yards running into a brick ****ing wall every ****ing down.

QFT.

Stop saying Harrington threw two picks. He threw one. Blame the other on the receiver. They really need to make the int stat reflect picks that arent the QBs fault

Having said that Harrington was ok, nothing great but markedly improved from Culpeppers games at least in terms of moving the ball. I think he earned himself the Jets and Bears games and then we can compare the two a little better. Harrington still needs to elevate his game but for his first game back that was a promising performance

everyone wanted harrington, there you got it and no difference.........now will people shut up about the qb position and accept that the offensive line blows!

What are you talking about?

No difference? Harrington was sharp against the Patriots and on the road. Harrington didn't hold on to the ball too long, and he made good decisions. He had one bad decision (fist interception) and one bad throw (second interception), but by and large, he was SCANNING the field and hitting the right guy. Did you notice that alot of the throws that McMichael caught, he was wide open. The offense was moving the ball. We fumble it on our first drive, but after that Joey runs the offense. Most importantly is the the competition though. NEw England's Defense dominated the Bengals last week and our OLine kept them off of Harrington. It helps tremendously when your QB makes quick decisions and releases the ball within a time frame that your Oline can support (within 5 seconds). The Patriots DLIne is one of the best there is and they couldn't get to Harrington all day.

So putting aside the competition difference, and the difference in the amount of sacks the QB TAKES, consider the leadership as well. Joey, with short practice stepped up at one of the more hostile places in the league to play and LEAD the team.

NOt taking anything away from Culpepper (when healthy), but really he's injured and not decisive (probably due to his injury).

I feel better about the team even after this loss than I did after the win against Tennessee where we were lucky to win. Our offense plays like it played today the rest of the way, we'll get better.

What you should be yelling about are the BONEHEAD penalties that the OLINE committed. THey should be punished severely for all of the false starts that killed us.

Ronnie Brown is running hard, but he made two crucial mistakes in this game. He's not a rookie anymore. He needs to be smart with the football and he needs to concentrate and catch the football.

Finally, what the hell is wrong with Saban and calling for a review. That 3rd down catch by Chambers on a perfectly thrown ball by Harrington should have been challenged. Even if you are not sure about it, you HAVE to throw that flag. Inexplicably, Saban didn't throw it and I don't know why. A timeout is important, but a reveresed 3rd down conversion is far more important. I'm glad Saban made the move to give Culpepper rest and hold down the Patriots offense, but I'm pissed at his use (or lack thereof) of replay. On the road against a good Patriots team, what do you have to lose????

Errr.

Well, Bills and Jets lost and we get the Patriots at home in December. This team seems to run in streaks. We looked a heck of alot better this week than we have all year.

Beat the Jets next week and go into the bye at 2-4 and we can build on that.

Let's get off the 'names' and just go off of what we saw ...

Today was the 1st day this season that the offense moved consistenty up and down the field .... it was against our MOST BITTER RIVAL ON THIER FIELD.

The ball was spread around nicely today ... equally, we did not put it in the endzone ...

The RESULT = LOSS ... but I would call today the most progress the offense has made to date against the best team in our division on thier field.

Give us 2 more weeks with the same lineup ... then compare, complain, whatever .....

unified is right, this line might be worse than the 04 version. worst lineplay i have seen from us in as long as i can remember

John Biello said:
unified is right, this line might be worse than the 04 version. worst lineplay i have seen from us in as long as i can remember

No chance in hell that its worse than 04.. That was likely the worst line in NFL history.

Back
Top Bottom