For all you LAZY A** DOLPHIN FANS WHO WERE AT THE GAME... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all you LAZY A** DOLPHIN FANS WHO WERE AT THE GAME...

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
As the score went 23-14, alot of Fins fans got up and left. I am one of the rare ones that gets off of my azz on every 3rd down, and especially that last Colt drive(prior to TBuck's INT).. I was going wild.

But Ice, you should shut the hell up. Got a problem with the fan support? Then fly your azz down to Miami and come make some noise.

Well said.....

I second that shut the hell up!
I agree some of our fans suck but coming from a guy citing his support of the team as he sits on his arse in a sports bar 3,000 miles away is a little idiotic!

Originally posted by IceDolphin

Thanks, I should have flown to miami for a game this year....it would have been better and cheaper than the hell I went through last week just to see my team and give them support. Between eating $350 for tickets and driving through fires I think there are more dedicated fin fans out here than there are in South Florida.

Are you looking for a medal of honor or just some attention in probably the only forum of life in which you can get some???

You sound like one of those old men telling grandkids about how you used to have to walk to school 10 miles in 5 ft. of snow without any shoes! :rolleyes:

You want to rip all the fans then come on down and be one or buzz off.

Originally posted by Muck

How's this for an idea......make one section a "Diehard" section and charge extra for it. This section will be for the rabid fans. No sitting. Seats are optional (maybe metal benches). Maybe an age limit (16 and up). But this section will be earmarked "diehard" and sold specifically to diehards. [/B]

There is already a section like that.. its the first 15 rows of section 101 in the west endzone. We hardly ever sit down! And we are ALL diehards.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Are you looking for a medal of honor or just some attention in probably the only forum of life in which you can get some???

You sound like one of those old men telling grandkids about how you used to have to walk to school 10 miles in 5 ft. of snow without any shoes! :rolleyes:

You want to rip all the fans then come on down and be one or buzz off.

Dude, chill out. To be honest I agree with the guy. He's not talking about ALL the fans. He's talking about the ones you and I are talking about. And I think losing $300 on tickets and still driving 6 hours thru traffic and fires to go to a game on less than 24 hours notice makes for a great fan.

Stop ripping Ice fellas. He's on our side. And he's been to more games this year than I have. Does that make me a poor fan?? No. It just makes me a broke one with an old car.

Originally posted by MissMeth

There is already a section like that.. its the first 15 rows of section 101 in the west endzone. We hardly ever sit down! And we are ALL diehards.

I guess I'm talking about the upper levels. We all know the lower endzones bring it. :) But personally I can't sit in the lower bowl. While I wish I could for the fan aspect of it, I can't see the game nearly as well as I can from the upper west endzone. Best seats in the house IMO outside the 50 (and you've got shade). But it's where a lot of the "turds" sit. :fire:

Hey...I made a lot of noise...I drove from CT and this was my first Fins game...I was there till the end and made plenty of noise. Gosh I wish the end result was different but it was not...I had fun anyway. Our O-line sucks...that's all folks.

We all know the lower endzones bring it. :) But personally I can't sit in the lower bowl. While I wish I could for the fan aspect of it, I can't see the game nearly as well as I can from the upper west endzone.

Thats what everyone says but i see the game just fine in the 5th row. You see everything that is going on and if you cant see a simple play, you look at the jumbotron. But seriously, you can see it perfect from down there.

Originally posted by Dolfanmatty

I sat in club level this Sunday right on the 40 and no one even stood up the whole game. I was embarassed......

That is what happens when you make tickets so expensive in certain sections that corporations just give them out to people who really are there for the atmosphere and the company more than the game itself.

It's sad really

I agree 100%. I sat on the 50 in the club level for a Colts game about 11-12 years ago. While the A/C was pleasant and they were by far the best seats EVER......it was like sitting in a library. Nobody ever got up. Half the section was empty during the game. And people didn't even pay attention. I mean, the guy that gave us the tickets....he brought his 3 year old daughter.....and she SLEPT thru the entire second half!! And the game came down to the wire!! My dad and I were simply amazed. Such a waste.

Originally posted by MissMeth

Thats what everyone says but i see the game just fine in the 5th row. You see everything that is going on and if you cant see a simple play, you look at the jumbotron. But seriously, you can see it perfect from down there.

Dang, but I still don't believe you. You're just gonna have to float me your tickets one week and let me see for myself. :D

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Hey...I made a lot of noise...I drove from CT and this was my first Fins game...I was there till the end and made plenty of noise. Gosh I wish the end result was different but it was not...I had fun anyway. Our O-line sucks...that's all folks.

Big ups my man. :up:

And he's been to more games this year than I have. Does that make me a poor fan?? No. It just makes me a broke one with an old car.

Yes. A great fan would sell his car to watch his team. :tongue2:

You guys are killing me.... some of you need to invent a "fan-gauge" and place people in seats base on their reading. Maybe you can place crosses on their chest or tattoo them... can we call you "hitler II"?

I pay my money every year for tix and parking and tailgaiting stuff and merchandise and dol-fan club memberships and finheaven memberships, but because I don't stand up on every down and act like an azzhole at the game, that makes me less of a fan than you? And by azzhole, I just mean doing or acting in a way that others might not approve of.....

Now don't get it twisted... I haven't been able to talk for the past two days because of my yelling and my back has been killing me because of my stomping and acting crazy.... but that's me.
As much as I would like to, I can't criticize the guy next to me cause he leaves at 6:00 mins. left in the game..... why?
1. He paid his money just like I did... I don't go to work with him.... it's his God-given American right to get up whenever he feels like it.
2. His leaving has no effect on me/my enjoyment/ or the game outcome.... I'm sure Wade Smith wasn't distracted by this old guy getting up before the game ends. It may have made a difference in Manning's ability to call audibles, but they are still paid to play for our enjoyment. He only gives me some extra space to let my nutz hang..... so be-gone!
3. My tickets and everyone else's pays these guys salaries.... they are paid to do their jobs regardless of who's there.... or what they are doing.
4. Why would his leaving embarrass me? Still don't get that one.....

Trying to put fans in categories is over-analytical and takes away from my enjoyment of the game. Every fan is different..... embrace the diversity.

of course this is just my take on this fan issue and is for entertainment purposes only.....

Last edited by a moderator:
...but the sidelines and the club level is a disgrace.
I sat in club level this Sunday right on the 40 and no one even stood up the whole game. I was embarassed......

That is what happens when you make tickets so expensive in certain sections that corporations just give them out to people who really are there for the atmosphere and the company more than the game itself.

It's sad really

This is an excellent point. And this is coming from a guy in Boca Raton so he knows the inside. Is there something we as fans can do to complain to the head honchos about this? Our focus wouldn't have to be on prices but on fan support and attendance for these TV visible sections. The same exact thing happens with the Miami Heat, people on TV say "Look, a lot of empty seats in their own home" But in reality all those lower level tickets have been sold to corporations but no one shows up, I hate that.

There has to be something we as Dolphin fans can do to show our frustration about this method of attracting boring company businesspeople only for their money and sitting them in our best seats without being real fans of the team. They should be accountable for acting like real fans by cheering, dressing in team colors, showing up and staying. I seriously want to start a petition or something. Its not a far fetch idea, look at the NY Jets, a lot of upper-class yuppies sit in the lower level, but they've been molded by the few crazy fans that sit down there (like the Fireman Ed) and now they're all chanting, dressing up, and getting wild.

Lets start a petition.

Last edited by a moderator:
And by the way,

yet you can't stand and cheer when the game is happening right in front of you??!?!?

the problem in phoenix is i had to stand up most of the game to even see. i don't think most sat down. they opened the gates at 4:30 and the game started at 7:00. i think people were tired of sitting!;)

Back
Top Bottom