For those who are in pain today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who are in pain today

congrats to fiedler and all his fans....i'm not one.(ive watched him toss up too many ducks over the last couple of years for interception including two last night)....but i was cheering him on as he led the phins to victory..........I am going to cheer on the phins no matter who is at quarterback.......and look for a big improvement at quarterback and the off line during this offseason.....not to mention an upgrade in the coaching staff............

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Jay was 5-10..... that's 50% last time I checked. Same accuracy as the beginning of the year.
Ricky carried the load by breaking one for the Offense finally... and thank goodness he did!

And 3 of those 5 incompletes were incredable defensive plays by the Washington DB's reaching around and getting a hand on a ball that was about to hit the reciever right between the numbers.

Jays accuracy was much better last night than it had been earlier.

Originally posted by NYCphan
Anyway, I hope it was. If these guys need a QB chirping up with 'hey, we can win' before they'll play hard, they should all be fired, post-haste.

Funny story about a team we all hate.

Niners vs The Bengals in the Superbowl. San Francisco is down, and deep in their own terratory.

Every player on the offense came in and was tense and nervous and ready to pack it in.

A guy by the Name of Joe Montana came into the huddle and saw all the nervous faces and realised they needed to calm down. He looked up and said, "Hey, isn't that John Candy?"

Everybody in the huddle looked up and realised that John Candy was sitting in the first row watching the game, and the Fact that Montana, at the beginning of the most important drive of his carreer was cool enough to notice something like that just lifted the tension from them, and they proceeded to drive on the Bengals and win the Superbowl.

Never underestimate just how important a few words can be, especially from a team leader in a vital situation.

Barbarian ... you da man! First you produce the solid YPC stat pre- and post-Fielder-entry, now this cool story. :up:

Originally posted by pgsmelt
congrats to fiedler and all his fans....i'm not one.(ive watched him toss up too many ducks over the last couple of years for interception including two last night)....but i was cheering him on as he led the phins to victory..........I am going to cheer on the phins no matter who is at quarterback.......and look for a big improvement at quarterback and the off line during this offseason.....not to mention an upgrade in the coaching staff............

Good! that's something i've tried to come across with. One doesn't have to be of the belief that Fiedler is the answer cuz if he is, he hasn't shown it yet. What I mean by that is during his tenure here, regardless of "his" overall W/L record here, we've still managed to go backwards each year as far as our ultimate goal is. however, in spite of that, as long as he is our QB, i will support him no matter what. that doesn't mean if he screws up that he won't hear it tho.

Originally posted by Barbarian

And 3 of those 5 incompletes were incredable defensive plays by the Washington DB's reaching around and getting a hand on a ball that was about to hit the reciever right between the numbers.

Jays accuracy was much better last night than it had been earlier.

This is true and they way he looked, that may have only been a little rust, on the timing part anyway. Had the timing been a little more exact, he very well may have squeezes those balls in there.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Barbarian ... you da man! First you produce the solid YPC stat pre- and post-Fielder-entry, now this cool story. :up:

Thanks. :)

Oh, and since I can't find the thread in which the origional debate was raged, I'll just stick this little stat in here.

Somebody (I'll let him out himself if he's up to continuing the debate here) was statingthat Ricky was getting nothing under Feidler earlier this season and that it was no different with Griese than it was with Feidler.

well, I just did a little research and here is what I found.

Ricky Williams with Jay Fiedler as QB in 2003.
171 Rushes, 611 Yards, 3.6 Yards per Attempt, 6 TD's

Ricky Willims with anybody else as QB in 2003.
98 Rushes, 298 Yards, 3.0 Yards per Attempt, 1 TD.

So under Jay he is getting over a half yard more per carry and has a tripled TD output per carry.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Are you forgetting the beginning of the season when Ricky could'nt gain a yard with Jay in as QB..... :rolleyes:

Ricky finally broke one off.... give credit where credit is due.
Ricky has been a human battering ram for this team this year and now when he finally comes through everyone wants to give Jay Fiedler credit.... baffling!

WRONG, about NO running game early in the season, in IMHO...

We did average 32 net yds per game more (+ 25%) than the last 5 games.

I mean we are not KC with a whopping 5.4 yds per carry (the NFL avg currently is 4.1 yds per attempt). With our OL NO way, I agree.

We averaged 126 net total rushing yds per game in the first 6 games (3.94 yds per attempt). Granted, it was not a cause to celebrate, as we know that is still around the league average...

Net total yards = 760.9 yds @ 193 attempts = 126.8 avg/game (3.94 yds avg per attempt)...

The last 5 games we averaged 94.4 net total rushing yds per game (3.6 yds per attempt)...

Net total yards = 472 yds @ 131 attempts = 94.4 avg/game (3.6 yds avg per attempt)...

I keep reading in some of these posts that MIA had no running game in the first 6 games of the season when JF was at QB. To an extend we were not great just average, BUT they were running alot better than now..

We had more attempts per game, meaning somehow we were controlling the clock and kept our defense OFF the field. That was one of the reasons IMO that our defense was soo good at stopping their opponents, by staying fresh.

I have to add, like some of you have stated, that our defense kept saving the games for our offense. That is TRUE, to some extent, but if the offense does not keep them fresh by controlling the clock, the D would have been tired and we would never have won some of those games.

Well that is my obsevation on our average running game...

GOOO FIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickys also averaging a half a yard more in the 4th quarter. Who ever said that RW does his best work late in the game is correct. This is a good thing and really Daves philosophy at work. Keep it close and control the ball and clock on the ground towards the end. I hate the philosophy but with the likes we have at QB we really have no choice

Originally posted by fin-atic
I applaud both Jay and the Coach for making the move.

But one quarter against a 4-7 team does not make a season.

i have to disagree , this 2nd half lift that jay gave the team was huge and could very well be the starting point of something good, although i´m still scared that our team might be tired , well we know in 3 hours

Back
Top Bottom