For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film)

What makes the problem worse is we have no run game threat, and opponents are getting pressure rushing only 4...that means more coverage in the secondary on receivers who are overrated and arent getting separation to begin with.

Excellent post.

This is the kind of stuff that the majority of FH NEED to see.

everyone is so quick to crap on one position(or even the play calling) but fail to see the reasons why.

Ah, the same play that CB was insisting proves to us that the QB is the problem.

So you're telling me our O-line is garbage? this is earth shattering break down and completely changes everything for me.

I think everyone can agree that Tannehill could benefit more from a better O-line AND if he MOVED in the pocket more!

Haha I love it. Because certain posters are avoiding this thread like the plague.

Whatever. Busted screen passes happen, good QBs tend to throw the ball into the dirt though.

In the second gif lets say you replace him with a QB that buys time with his legs and is able to get the throw off, maybe even for a TD. If you replace him with a QB that has good pocket instincts then the sack likely doesn't happen. If the sack doesn't happen then you can't blame the o-line for not holding up. That is the rub when trying to assign blame for sacks in a vacuum. Just look at that nice play from a few seasons ago when Tannehill escaped a would-be sack and threw a TD pass to Matthews. The defender had Tannehill in his grasp but Tannehill was able to get away, had he not gotten away then you would have simply blamed the o-line but as we know even though the protection wasn't perfect there was a play to be made, because he made it. Thats the problem, he doesn't make plays like that enough. Thats what I see in the second gif, an opportunity for the QB to make a play. And its not always as obvious as that gif, sometimes its almost impossible to see the path to escaping and making a play unless the QB actually does it.

Whatever. Busted screen passes happen, good QBs tend to throw the ball into the dirt though.

In the second gif lets say you replace him with a QB that buys time with his legs and is able to get the throw off, maybe even for a TD. If you replace him with a QB that has good pocket instincts then the sack likely doesn't happen. If the sack doesn't happen then you can't blame the o-line for not holding up. That is the rub when trying to assign blame for sacks in a vacuum. Just look at that nice play from a few seasons ago when Tannehill escaped a would-be sack and threw a TD pass to Matthews. The defender had Tannehill in his grasp but Tannehill was able to get away, had he not gotten away then you would have simply blamed the o-line but as we know even though the protection wasn't perfect there was a play to be made, because he made it. Thats the problem, he doesn't make plays like that enough. Thats what I see in the second gif, an opportunity for the QB to make a play.

good thing Tannehill leads the team in broken tackles...by a large margin.

I don't really think ppl appreciate how FAST these plays actually happen. or how fast the players really are coming off that line.
I mean you got guys running 40's under 4.5 seconds. how fast can they cover 5-7 yards?

lol, I also find this hilarious.

oh wait ? actual facts and film study and guys disappear? what could it be ?????

WAIT WAIT WAIT.... The writer watches that video and concludes that the could do absolutely nothing and it's everybody else's fault. I watch that video and see several opportunities and lanes where the QB could have stepped up, stepped left, stepped right to avoid the initial pass rush and make a play. This video proves to me that we don't have a playmaker at the QB position.

The first video where the writer claims parker gave poor effort. All Tannehill had to do was throw the ball to the spot right behind landry where the pick of the CB covering parker was coming from. Parker came open and had plenty of space behind the pic. Problem is... Tannehill doesn't throw to a spot and has to WAIT to SEE the WR open before he throws it. Yes the throw would have to had been very quick as as the linemn came free but good QB's make that throw.

Well here is what most football fans first instinct would be.......He managed to get off 18 passes, completed 12, and threw for 191...... Most would be garbage yards in garbage time...... Is our line in bad shape? Yes. Do we have our QB of the future? No.

good thing Tannehill leads the team in broken tackles...by a large margin.

I don't really think ppl appreciate how FAST these plays actually happen. or how fast the players really are coming off that line.
I mean you got guys running 40's under 4.5 seconds. how fast can they cover 5-7 yards?

But on TV just like Madden you have time to spin and stiff arm and scramble up the middle really fast for like 20 yards. What's so hard about that? Turbo button on the controller and in the real game are like the same thing. Clearly we can see where the running lanes are wheen we watch the game on TV. The question is why can he? It's easy just look left and there's the lane. Just run there this QB has no awareness.

Back
Top Bottom