For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film)

On the second video he actually has 4 seconds to do something with the ball. There's a running lane to his right that he never sees.

The third sack wasn't much he could do there. There was an escape lane to his left but the play had him looking right and the pressure cam from the right and it would have been too diffult for home to turn and run the other way. That one's on the line.

Not much he could do on the 4th sack either as there was nowhere to escape.

On the 5th sack the DT turned and ran into coverage leaving a gaping hole in the middle, probably wouldn't have resulted in a first down but woudn't have been a sack.

So out of 5 sacks, 3 could have been avoided. That's what my football eyes tell me.

Toward the end, this writer states that Parker did not have to reach behind him to catch the ball that got took from him, which is absolutely not write. Parker did have to reach behind him to catch that ball.

Just sayin

What's sad is that there where 2 potential big plays and a red zone play. if the blocking is just average, the game changes completely

But on TV just like Madden you have time to spin and stiff arm and scramble up the middle really fast for like 20 yards. What's so hard about that? Turbo button on the controller and in the real game are like the same thing. Clearly we can see where the running lanes are wheen we watch the game on TV. The question is why can he? It's easy just look left and there's the lane. Just run there this QB has no awareness.

Well when we see other real life NFL QB's do it week in and week out... it makes us jealous and long for a QB on OUR team that can do it.

WAIT WAIT WAIT.... The writer watches that video and concludes that the could do absolutely nothing and it's everybody else's fault. I watch that video and see several opportunities and lanes where the QB could have stepped up, stepped left, stepped right to avoid the initial pass rush and make a play. This video proves to me that we don't have a playmaker at the QB position.

The first video where the writer claims parker gave poor effort. All Tannehill had to do was throw the ball to the spot right behind landry where the pick of the CB covering parker was coming from. Parker came open and had plenty of space behind the pic. Problem is... Tannehill doesn't throw to a spot and has to WAIT to SEE the WR open before he throws it. Yes the throw would have to had been very quick as as the linemn came free but good QB's make that throw.

Lol, I am not some self proclaimed football guru like some here....but what I do know is what I see every Sunday across the NFL landscape and there isn't much difference between ANY "good" QBs and RT when facing the kind of pressure RT does on a consistent basis...in fact, I will go a step further. I am nearing the big 50 in age and have watched a ton of football, played it, and coached it. I have NEVER...NEVER seen any oline play as completely awful as I did last Sunday when I watched the Fins. Those of you that think RT needs to be replaced first and foremost, well, that's fine....but you will not see any substantial improvement result wise on offense until we can get even AVERAGE oline play. I get that the "QB is the most important position" on the team, but IT WILL NOT MATTER. Until we fix what "really" makes an offense go, prepare to have these conversations about whatever QB is under center. Back in the day, they said "it all starts upfront", and it's still undoubtedly does.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

What's sad is that there where 2 potential big plays and a red zone play. if the blocking is just average, the game changes completely

You are a wise man my young apprentice

Well when we see other real life NFL QB's do it week in and week out... it makes us jealous and long for a QB on OUR team that can do it.

But you don't see that...what you see are sacks, strip sacks, and ints....look no further than all world Andrew Luck last week.

The total lack of effort on the first sack is sickening. From Parker lazily running his route to James blocking an invisible guy and Ajayi completely failing to chip the rusher. About the only thing that went right was Landry creating a nice hole for Parker if he would've caught the ball..what a shame

Lol, I am not some self proclaimed football guru like some here....but what I do know is what I see every Sunday across the NFL landscape and there isn't much difference between ANY "good" QBs and RT when facing the kind of pressure RT does on a consistent basis...in fact, I will go a step further. I am nearing the big 50 in age and have watched a ton of football, played it, and coached it. I have NEVER...NEVER seen any oline play as completely awful as I did last Sunday when I watched the Fins. Those of you that think RT needs to be replaced first and foremost, well, that's fine....but you will not see any substantial improvement result wise on offense until we can get even AVERAGE oline play. I get that the "QB is the most important position" on the team, but IT WILL NOT MATTER. Until we fix what "really" makes an offense go, prepare to have these conversations about whatever QB is under center. Back in the day, they said "it all starts upfront", and it's still undoubtedly does.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Forget about this possibility, you need 3 elite QB in your roster with this line to make the play offs, because no other player will take the punishment the dolphins Qb takes every week

Back
Top Bottom