For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film)

Haha I love it. Because certain posters are avoiding this thread like the plague.

No. It's just in year 5, recycled deflection of the QB, is nothing new. The same things have been said since the guy was at TAMU. Unfortunately, it will take another 5 years for people like you to understand your backing a lemon.

No. It's just in year 5, recycled deflection of the QB, is nothing new. The same things have been said since the guy was at TAMU. Unfortunately, it will take another 5 years for people like you to understand your backing a lemon.

But some will be quick to bring in negative crap into a thread about how much they hate the QB and the team. Makes total sense

I suspect that the success rate of feeling pressure, going to the hot read, and moving within the pocket differs based upon a stratification of time. The success rate between 2 second and three seconds is probably significantly better than between 0 seconds and 1 second across all QBs. I imagine if you watch 100s hours of tape with a disciplined approach one could prove this hypothesis. You really need context to evaluate performance.

It is definitely true that Tannehill is below the norm during the 2 second to 4 second time frame. Any reasonable observer will notice a lack of pocket awareness during that time frame.

But some will be quick to bring in negative crap into a thread about how much they hate the QB and the team. Makes total sense

Hate this team? Hate the QB? Some mighty big assumptions.

But I see you ignored the 'hate' with the thread and the specific quote I used in my comment. But hey....keep pushing that narrative, if it makes you feel all better. Kinda like chicken soup for the soul.

I suspect that the success rate of feeling pressure, going to the hot read, and moving within the pocket differs based upon a stratification of time. The success rate between 2 second and three seconds is probably significantly better than between 0 seconds and 1 second across all QBs. I imagine if you watch 100s hours of tape with a disciplined approach one could prove this hypothesis. You really need context to evaluate performance.

It is definitely true that Tannehill is below the norm during the 2 second to 4 second time frame. Any reasonable observer will notice a lack of pocket awareness during that time frame.

ESPN just had a graphic on this. Eli was better at 2.5secs or less, while Rodgers is at his best with 2.5secs or more. Rodgers numbers went up because of his ability to extend the play and throw down field.

He doesn't see the same thing you do and now he's a turd? Take it easy, man. This guy does a lot of great work in his website and FO and he doesn't root for either of the teams involved.

My bad, I wasn't aware that the Titans were allowed to play with 12 men on the field. And here I thought I knew football. :chuckle:

Screen-Shot-2016-10-11-at-16.48.12.png

. . . the running back is actually covered by a defensive back waiting out of shot.

:ponder:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the second video he actually has 4 seconds to do something with the ball. There's a running lane to his right that he never sees.

And that in a nutshell is the problem. Everyone in the world knows he's got a crap line -- the Coaches and the players on both sides. That means he was clearly told something to the effect of "if you want to live, you don't have time to scan the field, play your progressions and get rid of the ball fast". Ok, they really said 'get rid of the ball fast to make up for the poor line and non-existant running game'. That IS the gameplan.

Now, when he gets hit before the 3rd step on a 3 step drop, it's 'why didn't he feel the pressure?'. Of course, everyone here thinks that the good QB's 'just feel' the pressure...not take their eyes off the downfield receivers. If he takes his eyes off the downfield recievers, he looses the timing window the play was designed to be thrown into and then everyone says 'he can't throw with timing'. Of course, if instead, he scrambles into the arms of the defensive line that just won a 3 on 5 or 6 battle... But hey, #QBRulz. If he plays tough and the window opens -- and of course we all see it happen on the screen -- 'buzz' -- oh crap, that was the 2 second mark and at exactly the same time, one or three of those very, very angry defensive line men who managed to get to him because of missed assignments, bull rushes, blocking to the wrong side, etc. are in his face. And again, it's his fault.

There are only a handful of QB's in the history of the game that had all of those skills early in their careers. And the ones that did have had the luxery of having several parts of the game working for them to build up confidence. When has RT learned to trust any part of the game here? RT knows he's the focal point of the game plan, knows he has to make plays, and is forcing things -- looking downfield for too long, locking on receivers, and not paying attention to the rush because he's desperate to make a play.

I'm not saying he's the answer. I'm just saying I can't imagine any of the QB's I've ever watched in my lifetime being successful here over the last 5 years. RT might not be the answer, but all of the time spent looking at a play with 11 people involved and thinking if we just had one person throwing the ball better is just plain magical thinking.

Even with visual proof explained in detail people still ignore. Gotta love it

OK 39 and retired and knows this stuff inside out, are you a former player? Not that you'd tell me if you were.

38. I feel the need to reiterate b/c I need that extra time as I'm not ready for 40. Nothing but a book worm and my only professional experience comes from within a kitchen.

Though I can at least distinguish when a RB is not covered by a phantom 12th player. :idk:

Some prefer that the proper details are explained and not just blind shots in the dark to fill space.

Credibility and accuracy have clearly taken a back seat to what some people want to hear.

Back
Top Bottom