For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film)

Okay, so why weren't these stupid players able to perform their assignments? Whose fault is that? The coaches', that's who.

Lol, I am not some self proclaimed football guru like some here....but what I do know is what I see every Sunday across the NFL landscape and there isn't much difference between ANY "good" QBs and RT when facing the kind of pressure RT does on a consistent basis...in fact, I will go a step further. I am nearing the big 50 in age and have watched a ton of football, played it, and coached it. I have NEVER...NEVER seen any oline play as completely awful as I did last Sunday when I watched the Fins. Those of you that think RT needs to be replaced first and foremost, well, that's fine....but you will not see any substantial improvement result wise on offense until we can get even AVERAGE oline play. I get that the "QB is the most important position" on the team, but IT WILL NOT MATTER. Until we fix what "really" makes an offense go, prepare to have these conversations about whatever QB is under center. Back in the day, they said "it all starts upfront", and it's still undoubtedly does.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

You are a wise man my young apprentice ��

What about when he has adequate time to throw 3-4 seconds? Too often he fails to make the throw, find someone open, throw people open ETC... What seperates good QB's from average\bad QB's is how they perform under pressure. Most NFL QB's can perform when there is no pressure at all. The problem is, Tannehill doesn't perform well consistently enough when he DOES have the opportunity to.

The total lack of effort on the first sack is sickening. From Parker lazily running his route to James blocking an invisible guy and Ajayi completely failing to chip the rusher. About the only thing that went right was Landry creating a nice hole for Parker if he would've caught the ball..what a shame

Don't be a follower. The route wasn't lazy, he was setting up the pick by landry. He actually came open all tannhill had to do was throw it to the spot where he was going instead of waiting to see him open.

My favorite is that this guy claims that the outlet was covered by a CB 7 yards downfield. :sidelol:

And the writer can't even distinguish that the TE was never a passing option to begin with. That's why he's not turned around. You don't have two checkdowns for a single play. :lol:

And yes, ideally the QB shouldn't be going to for the dump that quickly, but ideally you have more time in the pocket, and ideally a competent QB can sense pressure coming from the playside thus cannot wait for his first hi read to come uncovered and so he must improvise.

:bobdole:

This play has already been discussed at incredible lengths and broken down by myself and other posters with far greater knowledge than this turd across the pond.

He doesn't see the same thing you do and now he's a turd? Take it easy, man. This guy does a lot of great work in his website and FO and he doesn't root for either of the teams involved.

Don't be a follower. The route wasn't lazy, he was setting up the pick by landry. He actually came open all tannhill had to do was throw it to the spot where he was going instead of waiting to see him open.

It's a screen! The WR is still engaged to the DB and he should just throw it and pray??

Okay, so why weren't these stupid players able to perform their assignments? Whose fault is that? The coaches', that's who.

really?
so you are gonna put the blame on rookie head coaches that have been given **** to work with?

watching the games (90%) of the time it isn't scheme problems, its execution problems. hard to blame the coaches when you have dudes like Byron Maxwell and Mario williams and....well the list can go on. of players that don't want to give the effort or make the plays.

QUOTE=JTech194;1065837604]What about when he has adequate time to throw 3-4 seconds? Too often he fails to make the throw, find someone open, throw people open ETC... What seperates good QB's from average\bad QB's is how they perform under pressure. Most NFL QB's can perform when there is no pressure at all. The problem is, Tannehill doesn't perform well consistently enough when he DOES have the opportunity to.[/QUOTE]
BECAUSE NOBODY IS OPEN, THEY CALL THAT A COVERAGE SACK.
Sometimes he has time to throw it away and he doesn't. That frustrates me also, but sometimes it's better to take a sack then possibly get strip sacked trying to get rid of it.So let's move on from this trivial stuff.

What about when he has adequate time to throw 3-4 seconds? Too often he fails to make the throw, find someone open, throw people open ETC... What seperates good QB's from average\bad QB's is how they perform under pressure. Most NFL QB's can perform when there is no pressure at all. The problem is, Tannehill doesn't perform well consistently enough when he DOES have the opportunity to.

do you consider Aaron Rodgers a good QB?

or maybe not.....?

[video=youtube;DhV4bpajRlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhV4bpajRlo[/video]

Parkers hand is still on the CB by the time Tannehill looks his way. When Parker finally breaks away it's too late

Tannehill get an extension? His supporters out in full force today lol at least Tannehill has accomplished that much

I'm at work and can't watch the video, I'm sure you've done a great job in putting it together a bunch of clips that show how bad our line is. Therefore the conclusion is that those that knock Tannehill know nothing and he is exonerated from all blame.

Except that's not the whole story is it ? If it was everyone would be seeing the same thing, there would be no debate here. We would see a top talent having to perform under extreme circumstances, a player that is carry his football team on his back and unfortunately despite all his hard work the weight is just too much. You could make a good case out of that if you look at soley the Tenn game, or take isolated incidents over many games that prove your (I have no idea what's in the video, as I previously said at work can't watch). But the trouble is we've been seeing this for 5 years now, the poor pocket presence the dithering the complete and total lack of awareness, is a common trait I've seen with my own eyes. Are my eyes always lying to me ? Am I the only one that sees this ? I don't think so on both points.

This excuse making machine that some have bought into is not helping anyone, if you have any hope for this team you have to be at this point in time seriously questioning the QB position, it's 4 years too late for me but hopefully we'll move on after this car wreck of a season is over and we'll not have people wasting so much time on building film that proves something that is blatantly obvious we have had a terrible line but have a QB that does not to help it and is therefore an awful fit for this team.

I'm at work and can't watch the video, I'm sure you've done a great job in putting it together a bunch of clips that show how bad our line is. Therefore the conclusion is that those that knock Tannehill know nothing and he is exonerated from all blame.

Except that's not the whole story is it ? If it was everyone would be seeing the same thing, there would be no debate here. We would see a top talent having to perform under extreme circumstances, a player that is carry his football team on his back and unfortunately despite all his hard work the weight is just too much. You could make a good case out of that if you look at soley the Tenn game, or take isolated incidents over many games that prove your (I have no idea what's in the video, as I previously said at work can't watch). But the trouble is we've been seeing this for 5 years now, the poor pocket presence the dithering the complete and total lack of awareness, is a common trait I've seen with my own eyes. Are my eyes always lying to me ? Am I the only one that sees this ? I don't think so on both points.

This excuse making machine that some have bought into is not helping anyone, if you have any hope for this team you have to be at this point in time seriously questioning the QB position, it's 4 years too late for me but hopefully we'll move on after this car wreck of a season is over and we'll not have people wasting so much time on building film that proves something that is blatantly obvious we have had a terrible line but have a QB that does not to help it and is therefore an awful fit for this team.
Can you please post a couple links to where posters have exonerated him from all the blame. This is the problem on these forms is posters like you blame him for everything, people like us are saying there's more to it then that.

What a load of crap. If he could move at all to bye just a little time, guys would get open. When was the last time you can remember Tannehill taking off and running and gaining positive yards other than on a planned run? I am sick of all of the excuses for all of the sacks he takes. About 75% of the sacks he takes are his fault. It is time to move on from Tannehill at the end of this season.

This hot-dog making machine that some have bought into is not helping anyone, if you have any hope for this team you have to be at this point in time seriously questioning the QB position, it's 4 years too late for me but hopefully we'll move on after this car wreck of a season is over and we'll not have people wasting so much time on building film that proves something that is blatantly obvious we have had a terrible line but have a QB that does not to help it and is therefore an awful fit for this team.

The person who put together the clips is not affiliated in any way with the Miami Dolphin fandom.

Also, what do hot-dogs have to do with anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom