For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who know nothing about football and think everything is an excuse ( film)

What a load of crap. If he could move at all to bye just a little time, guys would get open. When was the last time you can remember Tannehill taking off and running and gaining positive yards other than on a planned run? I am sick of all of the excuses for all of the sacks he takes. About 75% of the sacks he takes are his fault. It is time to move on from Tannehill at the end of this season.

...and you have the proof to back that up, I'm sure. 75%...with Dallas Thomas, Jawuan James and Billy Turner in the lineup? LOL

Let em get this straight. All of these guys are terrible this year.....

Byron Maxwell, Tony Lippett, Jelani Jenkins, Mario Williams, Jason Jones, Andre Branch, Jordan Phillips, Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas, Chris Jones, Julius Warmsley, Jermon Bushrod, JaWuan James....(11 starters or half the team)

But Tannehill is why we are 1-4 and should be able to overcome half the team playing like Canadians...alrighty then.

But Tannehill is why we are 1-4 and should be able to overcome half the team playing like Canadians...alrighty then.

Why do you people purposely misrepresent the logic of the vast majority of people that want RT replaced? He isn't the worst player on the team, everything he has shown to date suggests that he just isn't good enough to be a winning QB in the league. Since QB is the MOST important player in pro sports if you have a mediocre or sub mediocre QB then it makes winning much harder and pretty much rules out a championship.

It's a screen! The WR is still engaged to the DB and he should just throw it and pray??

Its a Pick play where Parker has to set the play up to allow landry to come across an impede the path of the DB so he takes a jab step forward and then comes behind landry, the DB covering landry has his back turned and the DB covering parker is being impeded by Landry, so worst case scenario the ball hits the ground for an incomplete pass, NO SACK.

QUOTE=JTech194;1065837604]What about when he has adequate time to throw 3-4 seconds? Too often he fails to make the throw, find someone open, throw people open ETC... What seperates good QB's from average\bad QB's is how they perform under pressure. Most NFL QB's can perform when there is no pressure at all. The problem is, Tannehill doesn't perform well consistently enough when he DOES have the opportunity to.
BECAUSE NOBODY IS OPEN, THEY CALL THAT A COVERAGE SACK.
Sometimes he has time to throw it away and he doesn't. That frustrates me also, but sometimes it's better to take a sack then possibly get strip sacked trying to get rid of it.So let's move on from this trivial stuff.[/QUOTE]

Right, throw it away. Or scramble around and give your WR time to get open. For example, Big Ben routinely scrambles around and buys time to allow his receivers to get open. Things like that go a long way in making the offense better.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

do you consider Aaron Rodgers a good QB?

or maybe not.....?

[video=youtube;DhV4bpajRlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhV4bpajRlo[/video]

LOL you're taking ONE GAME out of Aaron Rodgers entire career... For every sack he took I can show you 10 plays where he avoided pressure and made plays.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Parkers hand is still on the CB by the time Tannehill looks his way. When Parker finally breaks away it's too late

Throw to the spot where Parker is going. If he doesn't get there that's Parker's fault, not Tannehills. Worst case it's a INC pass and not a negative play.

Why do you people purposely misrepresent the logic of the vast majority of people that want RT replaced? He isn't the worst player on the team, everything he has shown to date suggests that he just isn't good enough to be a winning QB in the league. Since QB is the MOST important player in pro sports if you have a mediocre or sub mediocre QB then it makes winning much harder and pretty much rules out a championship.

LOL. You said logic.

And that in a nutshell is the problem. Everyone in the world knows he's got a crap line -- the Coaches and the players on both sides. That means he was clearly told something to the effect of "if you want to live, you don't have time to scan the field, play your progressions and get rid of the ball fast". Ok, they really said 'get rid of the ball fast to make up for the poor line and non-existant running game'. That IS the gameplan.

Now, when he gets hit before the 3rd step on a 3 step drop, it's 'why didn't he feel the pressure?'. Of course, everyone here thinks that the good QB's 'just feel' the pressure...not take their eyes off the downfield receivers. If he takes his eyes off the downfield recievers, he looses the timing window the play was designed to be thrown into and then everyone says 'he can't throw with timing'. Of course, if instead, he scrambles into the arms of the defensive line that just won a 3 on 5 or 6 battle... But hey, #QBRulz. If he plays tough and the window opens -- and of course we all see it happen on the screen -- 'buzz' -- oh crap, that was the 2 second mark and at exactly the same time, one or three of those very, very angry defensive line men who managed to get to him because of missed assignments, bull rushes, blocking to the wrong side, etc. are in his face. And again, it's his fault.

There are only a handful of QB's in the history of the game that had all of those skills early in their careers. And the ones that did have had the luxery of having several parts of the game working for them to build up confidence. When has RT learned to trust any part of the game here? RT knows he's the focal point of the game plan, knows he has to make plays, and is forcing things -- looking downfield for too long, locking on receivers, and not paying attention to the rush because he's desperate to make a play.

I'm not saying he's the answer. I'm just saying I can't imagine any of the QB's I've ever watched in my lifetime being successful here over the last 5 years. RT might not be the answer, but all of the time spent looking at a play with 11 people involved and thinking if we just had one person throwing the ball better is just plain magical thinking.

This is where the problem lies... we can't take one game where the line was dealt a bad hand and make blanket statements about the QB. How about the first 4 games when the line was pretty decent? He had plenty of time to throw in the NE game, the Seattle game, Cleveland game, it wasn't until injuries to the oline started to pile up where the line got extremely bad.

And over the last 5 years... We haven't had the opportunity to see if another QB might perform better because the front office has failed to draft\sign a viable option.

This is where the problem lies... we can't take one game where the line was dealt a bad hand and make blanket statements about the QB. How about the first 4 games when the line was pretty decent? He had plenty of time to throw in the NE game, the Seattle game, Cleveland game, it wasn't until injuries to the oline started to pile up where the line got extremely bad.

And over the last 5 years... We haven't had the opportunity to see if another QB might perform better because the front office has failed to draft\sign a viable option.

Wait , I'm sorry ... My eyes must be decieving me , the o line played well in the CIN game ? I saw the complete opposite .

I also saw Tannehill give us the lead in what should have been a game winning drive on the road vs Seattle and the defense didn't show up so ?

Personally, I want a job like Ju'Wuan James. I am baffled by how he gets to make more money per game as I make in a year, block *nobody*, and throw his hands up in an exasperated fashion while doing so.

Tannehill played well enough in the first three games to win. He did not in Cincy or against Tenn. I don't know many qbs that could have played well enough to win with the overall team performance in those games.

Edit on the last sentence. I think if he played better in Cincy, we had a chance. Oline was bad, secondary gave up too many plays and no help from the running game, but defintely reasonable that Tannehill could have done more in that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom