For those who think we are WAY off... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who think we are WAY off...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who think we are WAY off...

Originally posted by Den54

I know I could'nt help myself. I've got a couple cups of afternoon java in me.:coffee: I'm a little wired.:lol:
:lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who think we are WAY off...

Originally posted by justafan
We were talking about the fins in comparisson to the Pats. Helloooo! :rolleyes:.

Since you insist , yeah you swept us, our coach sucked more than yours but we got rid of our idiot and you still have yours.

DOH!!

I'm really intersted to know something that I'm not sure I'm clear on if anybody could help out.

Who does a majority of the play calling on offense for the Dolphins? Norv right?

And does Bates do most of the play calling on D?

There were many times during the season where I was SERIOUSLY concerned with a play or series of plays that was called.

Originally posted by Den54

Yep, Mullett wrappers at best.

I've met people like you.

Keeping the mullett. :nono:

:lol:

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
There were many times during the season where I was SERIOUSLY concerned with a play or series of plays that was called.

You sure that was not "most of the time"? :D

Originally posted by fin-atic
We played New England tough right down to the wire both times. We could have easily won both of those games.

Hmmm. Maybe we are not that far off. A QB, a little better line, and maybe we are there.

Just food for thought.

I agree that we are close. However, I see it as close in the same sense that the Eagles are close to winning an NFC Championship Game. When the stakes are the highest, the Eagles have faltered three years in a row. Just like when the Dolphins were up against any elite team this year, they simply couldn't get it done.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

DOH!!

I'm really intersted to know something that I'm not sure I'm clear on if anybody could help out.

Who does a majority of the play calling on offense for the Dolphins? Norv right?

And does Bates do most of the play calling on D?

If this is the case, why even bother take Wanny's Gm responsibilities when all he does is scratched his head on gameday?

I understand what you're saying though, Greg Williams didn't have the balls to tell Gilbride to run the ball. Didn't know what to tell his assistants, just like what you implied about Wanny. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who think we are WAY off...

If this is the case, why even bother take Wanny's Gm responsibilities when all he does is scratched his head on gameday?

I understand what you're saying though, Greg Williams didn't have the balls to tell Gilbride to run the ball. Didn't know what to tell his assistants, just like what you implied about Wanny. ;)

Well not really...actually I was thinking the other way. GM responsibilities I'm sure don't factor in AT ALL when the game's on. A contract left hanging and unsigned should be the LAST thing on his mind (unless that's really what he's always scratching his head about).

My point is this...alot of fans put a majority of the blame for the play calling on Wanny. I'm not jumping to his defense, but I'd like to know who to wanna shoot this year when I see dumb stuff going on. In the event a good play is called but the player messes up (or players) I'm not too blind to see that either.

I'd hope Wanny not having the GM responsibilities will show more week-to-week in practices and in game preps. There again.....we shall see..............I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but the rope's not very long (and I'm kinda hoping Danny's isn't either if Wanny and Co. stink it up).

I may not like wanny but...

If wanny was so bad then why were we 10-6 without a qb or a solid o-line? He's no Bellicheck, but damn given the fact that we were only blown out by Tennessee and all of the other games we lost, we were never out until the final seconds, that says alot about the coaching and gameplanning despite our offensive deficiencies. I'm not saying we are going to be any better than we were this past year, but if you give us a respectable qb and a few quality o-linemen and we'd easily would've been one of the elite teams in the AFC.

Originally posted by ohall
You mean a better FG kicker in the 1st game don't you? I'm always amazed how much slack Mare is given.

Cut Mare, and spend the $ you save on a real #2 QB. No matter who the QB is, this passing attack will continue to struggle until the WR position is repaired.

Oliver...

Go ahead cut mare and see how Ducked we are!! He had a rough year as did most of our team Let's cut BG,JF,Half of our o-line and some of that great tackling D we have instead!! And don't let me forget those STUDS WR we have!! Mare is the least of our problems!!!

Re: Re: For those who think we are WAY off...

You are still a coach away. The fins still had better talent than the Pats and yet you played them close.
Maybe not at qb position but practically everywhere esle. Wait til' their starters actually get healthy.

Wanny couldn't do anything if he had the AFC prowbowl team in his fins line-up.

I don't think we do have better talent than the Pats like everyone else seems to think especially on offense. We have 1 better receiver, a better RB and maybe a better FB and TE (very debatable) which is OK. But the Pats have a better #2, #3, #4 and #5 WR, a much better QB and an entirely better O-line. I know someone is going to throw their lack of a running game in the regular season at their O-line but I don't believe that is the case. Put Ricky on that team and he gains 1800 yards again. There lack of a running game should definitly be pinned on their lack of a top tier RB.

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who think we are WAY off...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Beating us wasn't a big deal...everybody did

Yeah but if the sweep was reversed, that is all you would spew about c-JERK !!!! :shakeno:

:wave:

Marino1983

Last edited by a moderator:

Originally posted by Marino1983

Yeah but if the sweep was reversed, that is all you would spew about c-JERK !!!! :shakeno:

:wave:

Masrino1983
Masrino?..i hope you didn't lose 200 points on your SATs:lol:

Well nothing is ever instantaneous, so maybe it's like a 3 year plan towards success, or in some instances a 12 step program. Another far out thing w/o too much substance is that maybe the Dolphins are/were going through the proverbial rebuilding process when Marino retired, but it just didn't fit the normal style of rebuilding since we've had winning seasons. Yup, that's how I'm going to spin doctor it.

On a unrelated thread thingie--to Bills fans--how do you see the loss of your D-Coordinator of Lebeau (sp)--I would imagine there wouldn't be too much of any drop off since the talent is there and everything. He went back to the Steelers, the same team that had the awesome blitzing defense (copied by many) that seemed to be lacking after he left, which might have simply been a coincidence??

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who think we are WAY off...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Masrino?..i hope you didn't lose 200 points on your SATs:lol:

Do YOU really want to go there AGAIN c-JERK ????

:goof:

:pirate:

Marino1983

Re: Re: For those who think we are WAY off...

You are still a coach away. The fins still had better talent than the Pats and yet you played them close.
Maybe not at qb position but practically everywhere esle. Wait til' their starters actually get healthy.

Wanny couldn't do anything if he had the AFC prowbowl team in his fins line-up.

Did you see our roster, we did have an NFL probowl Team. So I guess there is some merit to that statement. :hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom